Old October 23, 2000, 23:54   #1
Dom Pedro II
King

Local Time: 00:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Look at all the posts!

We seem to be getting more interest in here. I was getting worried no one had anything left to say. Its nice to see all the new faces in here, and its good to be getting new thoughts. And many of the old-timers seem to be more active too.

One thing though, there seems to be a lot of repeating of things already discussed ad nauseum, so maybe you newer guys should be responding to existing threads first. (Not that I am an ancient one myself...)

To all the settlers, declare yourselves, so we know how many new people there are.

(I probably shouldn't have started a topic just for this, but I thought it was worth mentioning.)

------------------
"...The highest realization of warfare is to attack the enemy's plans; next is to attack their alliances; next to attack their army; and the lowest is to attack their fortified cities." - Sun Tzu

Dom Pedro II.... aka Hannibal3

Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).
Old October 24, 2000, 00:10   #2
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:29
quote:

We seem to be getting more interest in here. I was getting worried no one had anything left to say. Its nice to see all the new faces in here

This forum ain't dead yet.

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
Old October 24, 2000, 13:28   #3
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 20:59
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I was going to say the same thing. It's all these newbie's. Basically saying what been said. But with some new ideas too. I just hope that Civ 3 is more customizible that Civ 2 or the clones. If it's highly customizible, who cares about what they do to the game because we can turn off what we don't like.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"The best meats' in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 24, 2000, 13:45   #4
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:29
I've been around for a while, but I have always just been a person to read the forums without replying. Lately, however, I have started getting more interested in these boards. Hey, check out my post on Embassies .
Old October 24, 2000, 14:06   #5
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:29
D E C L A R A T I O N :

I'm new on this forum, and I have only played seriously Civ I and SMAC. Once I tried Civ II, but I was a bit young and didn't really care. But some years later, I bought SMAC and the interest came.
I found Civ I on the net and now I just can't wait until Civ 3 (and CTP II, if it is good enought). By the way, I have just managed to complete the "Prince" level (in Civ I), in "King" my opponents leave me alone to around 1200 AD before they all attacks me; is that "good enought????

------------------
Who am I? What am I? do we need Civ? YES!!
Old October 24, 2000, 22:02   #6
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 20:59
Now here is an adapted qoute from a DooM site,
"Civ will never die, only the players."

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"The best meats' in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 25, 2000, 16:21   #7
chrispie
Warlord

Local Time: 00:29
Hey, I'm new to posting here, I've been reading all these many good (and some bad ) suggestions for a month or so now.

I was an avid player of Civ and Civ 2 for many a year, though I don't play it any more....ran out of things to do. Played CtP, hated it , played Alpha Centuri, errm disliked it...

Anyway...waffle waffle rant rant, I have more to say about various things, so, um that's that.