King

Local Time: 15:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
sorry to keep rambling but - detroit dave and novinomad are also candidates

plus "the poet"
Old May 17, 2002, 23:15   #32
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Yea I prefer 1x1x deity, but I will play however others want. I am not too picky with settings, I'm so out of practice I'll get my rear kicked on any setting.

Ok, so we've got DD and Ozzy confirmed. How about the rest of you?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old May 17, 2002, 23:18   #33
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 20:40
Prepare for a short game if you try a 1x deity with strate. Tip - don't let him host either!
Old May 18, 2002, 21:11   #34
WarHawk

The Hawk is in i never played 1x1 deity but i'll give it a shot

Old May 19, 2002, 08:26   #35
Dank
Warlord

Local Time: 14:40
Hey....I'm in.....I'll even take the Ann Arbor area or Northville if no one has claimed it yet......
Old May 19, 2002, 10:50   #36
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Ok, So lets just make it simple and have it 1x1x, we can do emporer though as a compromise.

So we have:
Warhawk - Flint
Deity Dude - can represent Detroit
Dank - Ann Arbor
Ozzy - Holland

three eastsiders and me. I think we are fine with Flint, Ann Arbor and Detroit, but no more out east. Now who else wants in?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old May 19, 2002, 12:17   #37
Deity Dude
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

can u post the map again
Old May 19, 2002, 12:18   #38
Deity Dude
King

depending on who else we get maybe we should space the people out a little more - BTW I saw "bud" yesterday and he wants in
Old May 19, 2002, 12:54   #39
Dank
Warlord

Heck I'll even take the U.P. somewhere
Old May 19, 2002, 14:52   #40
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Ok, here is the map. The picture displayed cuts off a bit of wisconsin and the UP, so there is a bit more, but much has been cut out. As you can see the UP and Northern LP is very forested, so even though there may be some squish out East, it is the best land.

What I think the charm of this game will be to represent our home areas. Sure any one of you could switch to Wisconsin and have lots of land to yourself, but that defeats the purpose of the game.

I put a rough approximation of where we 4 will start. This of course will be tweaked, but it isn't terribly cramped, you all have room to grow. The Detriot player will perhaps just need a more urban strategy (i.e. fewer but bigger cities) I think it would work well.

Resource seed is debatable too.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	michiganmap.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	15719  

Old May 19, 2002, 14:59   #41
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

here is the file
Attached Files:
File Type: zip mich4.zip (3.2 KB, 2 views)

Old May 19, 2002, 16:54   #42
Deity Dude
King

What about Bud - he wants in. I suggest I move to East Lansing - I lived there about as long as any other city and it would spread it out a little better. Besides I never lived in Detroit.

PS If we have special units I'll be a Spartan
Old May 19, 2002, 17:35   #43
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well as long as you have a personal attachment to East Lansing, that is just fine. Hehe, special units would be cool, I could have a "Flying Dutchman" but I wouldn't want to change stats any, that led to all sorts of problems in HOTW3 as you remember.
If you are gonna have the Spartans, then Dank can have the Wolverines, hehe. Warhawk can be the... uh... UAW?

I'm really not sure what to do with Bud. We grew up about 2 blocks from each other, so I don't know where to stick him. The only other places either of us have an attachment to are still just over a city radii away from each other.

And tell him to post here, he can't very well be in the game if he never says anything. I sent him the link and told him to check it out, but he never posted. Go figure.

Old May 19, 2002, 19:12   #44
WarHawk

I'm sure the Barbarian would play too he's formaly from flint also, but lives in NorthBranch now.. i think he lost his password as i did and dosent post anymore... weekend would work best for me i work nights.. oh and The ShopRats (UAW) could be ok with me

Old May 28, 2002, 14:35   #45
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Ok Guys, Ive met half of you... Know the other half. And the other half after that i have yet to meet. Hehe i know that doesnt add up, but ****, for the half that knows me you know why. Hehe... Anyways. Id love to get together with all of you and have a great Michigan Game. But As i have spoken with the great Mind of Ozzy, i know that there are going to be some problems with a michigan game. First of all, we are all grouped in certain areas. Now, I personally dont give a damn, about starting where ever. But ozzy wishes to create it bassed on our home locations. Now Ozzy, I think this is a great idea, Make the michigan Map On a medium board. Spread everything out... Make it realisitic. Ive had several offers from friends to create such a board, so that a 30 mile differance would be large enough to spread into. ALso, create some rules... to solve the distance problem... Some teams maybe. Also, whos to say there only has to be one? Create a set of Paremeters... Shoot get Creative. Ive seen the many minds of Civ, and i love to watch others play. I personally think ive met the most out of everyone. Not relevant, But We are all very good artisticly and creatively. We all can come up with something good. That and I want a chance to beat GARY!!! hehe.... But Yes Guys, either way Include me in your game. I am a part of cv... And a friend to all of you. Also, on the Civers bbq.... Lets do IT!!!!! hehe.... Ill bring the booze, you guys the drugs, and food... we'll have a great ole time hehe. anyways, Im outa here... My grand post for everyone to critique. Have fun....

Bud
Old May 28, 2002, 21:16   #46
Deity Dude
King

i would rather have everyone play then exclude people because the groupings would be too close -

BTW - bud you could take gran blanc
Old May 29, 2002, 03:23   #47
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Perhaps Deity, My gf is there right now. And I have been there off and on for the last month. Hehe It would be an interesting place, but that would put me closer to you guys. Hehe... and to flint, with hawk. I would end up slaughtering some one. Hehe.....
Old May 29, 2002, 09:50   #48
Dank
Warlord

Hey I'll even start out in copper country......lol........
Old May 29, 2002, 11:29   #49
WarHawk

i'll start where ever it dont matter,I probley wont last long anyway

Old May 29, 2002, 11:37   #50
WarHawk

Oh and as far as having that BBQ it's a good idea..

Old May 29, 2002, 14:15   #51
Dank
Warlord

I'm gonna post something in the MI game area about the BBQ
Old May 29, 2002, 14:22   #52
Dank
Warlord

Damn...what a high-on....I was in that section......well here it goes......CALLING ALL MI PLAYERS FAR AND WIDE...

We would like to pick a time and place to have a BBQ with all of us...there is so many people who play civ that live in MI that we thought it would be kinda cool to have a BBQ.....Hawk has offered his place (if he still is willing to) or we could come up with a more neatral area like maybe a park...but Hawk has a pool and 3 computers networked, bud has a nice laptop and I can even bring my machine......we can chow down and play and cool game....post your thoughts...if ozzy doesn't mind...and we'll get it figured out....
Old May 29, 2002, 15:18   #53
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Hehe Ozzy wont mind, shoot he is back in Maryland Now. I say All forward with the Barbeque. I just need at least a weeks notice to make sure i got enough gas to make my beater down that way. Hehe... And of course id have to visit my gf. Hehe anyways, Would love to hang out with you guys. Think it would be the coolest **** around.
Old May 29, 2002, 23:34   #54
Deity Dude
King

I can offer my place as a backup if the "flint connection" doesnt come thru
Old May 30, 2002, 06:42   #55
Dank
Warlord

ahhhhhh......even closer to me......well lets start working on a day now guys......before the 4th of july or after?
Old May 30, 2002, 11:15   #56
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Hey, start a new thread for the BBQ planning. Lets keep this for the game. Ming will allow it, he allowed my DC get together thread.

Old May 30, 2002, 12:14   #57
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Alright, because of some of the close quarters I think we should make this a 3 way team game.

StrategicKing - Detroit
Warhawk - Flint
Deity Dude - East Lansing
Dank - Ann Arbor
Ozzy - Holland
Bud - Fennville

Bud and I will ally. And you all need to figure out who to ally with. Alliances based on skill level (a stronger & weaker player) and starting location are good.

I finished working on the map, I've made everyone's start equal and we are all placed in the right spot on the map. It is posted here for everyone to see.

We need to pick a time and date to start.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip michiganfinal.zip (3.2 KB, 1 views)

Old May 30, 2002, 18:07   #58
Deity Dude
King

I say no to a team game Who came up with that idea anyways. I though we had it settled on everyman for themselves.
Old May 30, 2002, 21:02   #59
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 20:40
Team games are cool, dunno how anyone can dislike em.
Old May 30, 2002, 21:35   #60
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well in general I love team games, but for this game I figured since Bud and I both wanted in the game, and since we grew up a block from each other, then it'd be smart to make teams so we could ally rather than wipe each other out the first turn.

But if Bud can't keep himself out of jail then it may be non-issue and we'll skip the team idea.