Old January 22, 2002, 12:21   #1
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 15:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Firaxis, anyone, please confirm 1.16f tech-trading bug workaround?
This is regarding the bug with patch 1.16f that allows the AI to trade during your turn after you've made a trade with at least one civ. There's a rumor floating around that this bug does not happen if you do not use autosaved games. Can anyone confirm this, please? Thanks.
Old January 22, 2002, 12:42   #2
achtungpanzer
Settler

Local Time: 19:42
Re: Firaxis, anyone, please confirm 1.16f tech-trading bug workaround?
Quote:
Originally posted by Feephi
This is regarding the bug with patch 1.16f that allows the AI to trade during your turn after you've made a trade with at least one civ. There's a rumor floating around that this bug does not happen if you do not use autosaved games. Can anyone confirm this, please? Thanks.
There is no bug - if you trade techs the cost is lowered and therefore a civ near completion of researching a tech can get it before you can trade it to them!

Noticed it many times and it makes sense to me!
Old January 22, 2002, 13:14   #3
TinCow
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:42
I think it makes sense too, but not for that reason. It seems to happen with World Maps too. I've traded my map of a completely unexplored area to one nation, and then several other civs that previously didnt have that section of the map and were dying for it now don't want it. I can only assume that's because the civ I traded it to has already passed it on before I can get to the other civs. This makes sense though, you shouldn't get crazy bargaining power for an item if you've already given it away to other people. It's annoying, but fair.
Old January 22, 2002, 13:44   #4
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
There is no bug - if you trade techs the cost is lowered and therefore a civ near completion of researching a tech can get it before you can trade it to them!
There is a bug. Next time you have a tech that no one else has, trade it to one civ. Then check the other civs. Some or all of them will now have it and the civ you traded with will have more money or techs beyond what you last saw.

Quote:
I think it makes sense too, but not for that reason. It seems to happen with World Maps too.
No, I don't think so. That's something different. Once you trade your World Map to a civ, their World Map gets updated anytime yours does. If they've traded their World Map to a third civ then that civ's World Map will get updated anytime yours does.
Old January 22, 2002, 14:20   #5
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

There is definitely something a little whacky going on sometimes. I have experienced the "AI trades stuff you just sold them while you are still in the diplomacy screen" thing. My intention was, of course, to sell a tech to all of the AI civs. Most of the time this works fine. Sometimes, and I'm not sure what triggers it, I trade the tech to one, and the others get it before I exit the diplomacy screen and call an audience with them - all of this, of course, on my turn.

I doubt this was intended. If it was, it would have been mentioned in the v. 1.16 changes/fixes list.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old January 22, 2002, 16:20   #6
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:42
In the thread for the patch someone already brought up this bug. The computer players can trade techs on your turn. The people at firaxis already know about it and I believe that they are working on fixing the problem in the next patch. I dont think that there is any why to work around this though, just something you have to deal with untill the next patch comes out.
Old January 22, 2002, 16:29   #7
Flight
Warlord

Local Time: 19:42
I read that thread earlier, if you heard the rumour elsewhere then go here

perhaps ask there instead
personally I haven't looked for it and haven't noticed it. If I was concerned I probably would do a new game and test it out...
Old January 23, 2002, 08:06   #8
Brundlefly
Prince