Old January 23, 2002, 02:55   #1
Martin_Chiu
Settler

Local Time: 03:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How can I do trade with other civilizations?
Hi Buddies,

I have been playing Civ3 for a while. However, I don't know how I can trade with other civilizations. Now my culture is so strong that cities from other civilization defeat to my side. But my earning per turn is -280. Just wonder why I cannot do trade.

(1) I have harbour
(2) I have railways

How can I trigger trade? Should I do it in the Dipomacy Window?

best,
Martin
Old January 23, 2002, 04:27   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: How can I do trade with other civilizations?
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin_Chiu
Yes.
Old January 23, 2002, 18:32   #3
SirSchwa
Settler

Local Time: 12:44
trade
Make sure those roads connect to the civ you want to trade with. If they're too far away that building a road is impractical, they need to have a harbor and have the technology necessary to establish a sea route. Then you need to establish a dialogue through the diplomacy window and trade your extra goods for what you want from them. If the issue is money, I don't know of any goods that will generate cash. They either improve happiness or improve your unit building options, either of which can indirectly improve cash flow. The easiest thing to do with that much of a debt is to disband units and lower science spending.
Old January 23, 2002, 21:34   #4
Martin_Chiu
Settler

Local Time: 03:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hi All,

Thanks for your prompt replies. Now each science advancement takes 9 turns in my game. I am heavey-debted (-330 per turn). Really get frustrated with the -ve cash output. Do u mean there are no ways to get rid of the debt without
(1) Disbanding units
(2) Lowering Science Output

best,
Martin
Old January 23, 2002, 22:29   #5
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks for your prompt replies. Now each science advancement takes 9 turns in my game. I am heavey-debted (-330 per turn). Really get frustrated with the -ve cash output. Do u mean there are no ways to get rid of the debt without
(1) Disbanding units
(2) Lowering Science Output

best,
Martin
Sounds to me like you need to make a sacrifice, you can't always have your cake and eat it to. 9 turns for an advancement isn't all that bad, so I think it wouldn't hurt to turn it down a notch or two. You certainly don't want to disband units since you might suddenly find yourself at war with a civ who thinks you're an easy target. And you certainly can't keep losing money, so about the option you really have is to cut your science spending.
Old January 23, 2002, 22:37   #6
Willem
Emperor

Re: How can I do trade with other civilizations?
Quote:
Hi Buddies,

I have been playing Civ3 for a while. However, I don't know how I can trade with other civilizations. Now my culture is so strong that cities from other civilization defeat to my side. But my earning per turn is -280. Just wonder why I cannot do trade.

(1) I have harbour
(2) I have railways

best,
Martin
BTW, harbours won't help you if the other civs don't have any built, and roads/railroads have to be connected to their empire in order for you to trade with them. You can see whether it's possible to make a trade deal in your Diplomacy window. If you can't, your resources will be grayed out. This is also where you make your trade deal. All you have to do is click on the resource you want to trade, and it will appear in the window in between you and the other civ. After that you, click on one of the options just below that.