Old October 29, 2000, 04:11   #1
Ralf
King

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First of all: Altrough i was seriously disappointed with CTP, i still keep my thumbs crossed wishing that the Activision-team shall succeed much better with the upcoming CTP-2. Both commercially and critically!
It can only be a good thing that more developers in the future get more interested into turnbased empire-building games. And they only going be that if they can see that developing these games can be commercially successful. Of that reason, i really wish both the Activision-team and the Firaxis-team all the luck in the world!

Having said that, however, i dont feel that i want to buy yet another hyped game, just to get deeply disappointed after about i hour after installment. I dont trust commercial game-magazines so much. Altrough some of them where critical, many others also gave CTP a ridiculously high 85-90% review-score.
Also, for some bizarre reason, many players rushed up to be CTP:s defence-lawyers in defending a game that was so hopelessly flawed, almost from start to finish.

The latter is the reason that i dont post this thread on the CTP-2 board. I post here instead. Some of us have more money to spend, and can afford to buy perhaps yet another flawed game, just to satisfy their curiosity. Others cant, however.
Therefore; those of you who disliked CTP, but still is planning to bye the CTP-2 game directly after its release, without waiting for reviews - be sure to give the rest of us some indipendent reviewing here on the Apolyton Civ-3 section. Preferbly under a single thread called "Is CTP-2 what we have waiting for?", or something.

After some CTP 90%-score in one of the more famous game-mags i have come to a point there i prefer to trust what you Civ-veteran Apolyton visitors have to say about the game instead.

Old October 29, 2000, 05:07   #2
MarkG

i should probably close this, instead of moving it, cause you seem to imply without hesitation that everyone in who posts in the ctp2-general forum is a bizarre person who will somehow give a biased opinion, while the "real"(?) "independent" civers, with a sound opinion are in the civ3-general forum

actually, no, i am going to close this. if someone wants to posts his view on ctp2 he can do so in the ctp2-general forum.