Old January 23, 2002, 17:45   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 19:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Just a thought...
Right, i play big maps usually, and can at any one time go from having 0 wonders available, to 3 or even 4 all of a sudden. When this happens, it's usually possible to build maybe 1 or 2. I assume many people have the same situation and would love to have 'Ready Made' Wonders available like In Civ II , but gone are the days of stacked caravans and rushed wonders.

Post Patch it is also impossible to be building loads of palaces, So a couple of Wonder Cities would be nice.

I was thinking, Some Improvements take a lot of shields, Like Library and Cathedral, So , When it suddenly appears you cant build all your wonders in time, the idea occured to me, To start off a cathedral , disband loads of crappy units,mow down forests, ect to get it to speed up, when the wonder comes available , and you need to build it pronto, Rush the cathedral (or whatever it is youre building), then Switch to a Wonder with not too many turns left..

Any thoughts on this??
Old January 23, 2002, 17:57   #2
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:45
I believe a rushed anything will not allow you the option to convert over to a wonder. So your example of disbanded units etc. and then rushbuild the cathedral and then change to wonder would leave your hanging with a rush built cathedral with no option to change production to a wonder.

Kinna stinks, doncha think?

Og

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old January 23, 2002, 18:21   #3
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 15:45
Rushbuilding an improvement and switching isn't allowed...you just can't do it.

You are allowed to build a palace in one city, so pick a high-production city other than your capitol and start it on the palace. That will allow you to store shields. Second, if you haven't built the forbidden palace yet, you can use that to store shields in another city. Third, you can start building a large improvement and switch it to a wonder, provided you have not rushed it.

The palace/forbidden palace thing works well for me.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.