Old January 24, 2002, 06:58   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 19:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Slowing down Technology......
Hi, I like games that take a looonng time, by that i mean remain in the 'olden' ages for a long time, so without too much speed of technology.
Can anybody give me hints on how to slow to technological growth down effectively for all civs...

I currently play about the with the Tech Rate figure on maps making the number higher, but thats the only thing i've done so far...
Any other ideas?
Old January 24, 2002, 17:30   #2
solo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 19:46
Without dickering with the editor settings, slowest research speeds can be had by using huge maps with the archipelago option, playing with only 4 civs, and playing at Chieftan level. Then set your own research rate to zero and 2050 should arrive before the end of the tech tree.
Old January 24, 2002, 18:02   #3
Nakar Gabab
ACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 14:46
Or go into the editor and raise the max research turns to be equal to the min research turns (set each to, say, 30 turns?).
Old January 24, 2002, 20:11   #4
Ironikinit
Prince

Local Time: 14:46
Build the Great Library, don't research, don't trade. Choose non scientific civs as your rivals. Provoke wars.
Old January 24, 2002, 21:14   #5
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 12:46
Re: Slowing down Technology......
Quote:
Originally posted by Rothy
Hi, I like games that take a looonng time, by that i mean remain in the 'olden' ages for a long time, so without too much speed of technology.
Can anybody give me hints on how to slow to technological growth down effectively for all civs...

I currently play about the with the Tech Rate figure on maps making the number higher, but thats the only thing i've done so far...
Any other ideas?
Gramphos is looking into being able to edit the years per turn, though he's not sure yet whether he'll be able to. His latest version of CopyTools no allows you to edit the starting/ending dates in a save game, though not in the Bic file itself. You should drop into his thread from time to time to see how's he's making out. I'd like to be able to slow things down a bit myself as well, I think the ancient period goes by to fast.