Old February 4, 2002, 07:03   #31
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 07:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MMmm, guys, why can i talk to everyone??? Its stupid, i can get all british techs and amreican ones, i take over a german City and the japs declear war its not very... hmmm historical? i thought thats what this was, i'm not posting my turn, until i know whats up!

Personally, Russians, with Spitfire, Hurricanes i can understand but not Spitfires.. sorry guys i dont think its right... its just gonna get stupid and confusing.
Old February 4, 2002, 09:50   #32
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, tell you what, just ignore the fact we're "technically" at war, I'll try to sign peace, but I won't attack you. If you suspect I have you can get the casualty timeline up to check. Likewise, don't attack me.
Old February 4, 2002, 15:01   #33
Soundwave
Prince

Okies, i wont attack you, coz we both dont want war on two fronts...
Old February 4, 2002, 16:15   #34
Dr. Nick
Deity

Definetly not a war on two fronts.
Old February 4, 2002, 16:22   #35
Soundwave
Prince

From The Soviet War Office

Odessa Captured
After bombardment from Soviet Crusiers offshore, the Russian Marines went ashore... the city is in toumoil and will be put to go use!

German Air Force Destored Minsk Taken
Over 1,500 German Aircraft were caught on the ground in Minsk and destoryed, by Soviet Tanks after entering the City. After Stalin said we will not build defensive units its time to pudh them back!

T-34 Comissioned
Today a band new T-34 roled out of the tank factory.. first of the lot to Stalins delight and Hitlers Anger!

....Sorry for the delay...
Attached Files:
File Type: net russianmove.net (240.5 KB, 2 views)
Old February 4, 2002, 22:14   #36
Dr. Nick
Deity

+++++++Tokyo News Agency+++++Teletype and Radio++++++++Several American ships sunk in North Pacific and off the Australian coast.++++++++British battleship sunk off Singapore+++++++++Singapore assaulted, garrison destroyed++++++++Padang bombarded, garrison destroyed++++++++Imperial Army prepares assault of Langchow and Chunking++++++
Attached Files:
File Type: net japanjanuary1942.net (240.5 KB, 2 views)
Old February 5, 2002, 02:06   #37
Smaug
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:55
Prime minister Winston Churchil praises the efforts of the Russian army in capturing the coastal city of Oddessa and the great city of Minsk. Like Conrad Stalin, Winston Churchil has ordered a cease in defencesive production. More and more Nazi territory is claimed every day in North Africa and an invasion of Italy (operation Husky) is being planned right at this moment.

The Germans are virtually wetting the pants and Rudolph Hess is our proof having been captured by our troops a few days ago. Hess was caught after parachuting into Scotland and trying to negotiate peace. He is reported to have said "Da Fuher Winterfritz is crazy"

"There will be no peace with Germany" said Prime minister Churchill at a press conference earlier.
Old February 5, 2002, 04:36   #38
winterfritz
Prince

From the Ministry of Enlightnement and Propoganda
This broadcast comes to you from the heart of the free world, der Fuehrer's Berlin!

Recent foreign allegations of der Fuehrer's insanity have been denounced as insane! The actions of the traitor Rudolph Hess have been disowned by leading government ministers. 'Rudolph Hess does not speak for the German people or their great leader,' Herr Goebbels stated today in Berlin. The glorious Third Reich does not desire peace with the decadent scum on the other side of the English Channel, and will only accept their unconditional surrender.

Der Fuehrer is most pleased with Japanese success in the Pacific and congratulates his eternal brothers and allies. Considering the unstoppable nature of our side-by-side advance, soon the whole world will be under the benevolent rule of our wise and powerful nations!

Counter-attack in North Africa
The much lauded British advance into Libya was reversed this month, as a co-ordinated attack by the Luftwaffe, Wehrmacht and Kreigsmarine obliterated the British city of Benghazi. The mobile component of the 8th army in Egypt was completely annihilated, as well as a large squadron of Spitfires. Off the Libyan coast, a British battleship and two cruisers were sunk by German bombardment.

Great advance in Russia
Despite the desperate communist counterattack earlier this month, our Panzers in the Soviet Union are again on the move. A limited counterattack has retaken the cities of Minsk and Odessa.

However, this impressive news was eclipsed by the even greater announcement, soon received from the Eastern Front, that Wehrmacht units have entered Moscow! A strong drive by our panzers, supported by Stukas and Luftwaffe bombers, has liberated the Russian capitol from Bolshevik oppression! While the Soviet leader has fled the city, der Fuehrer himself has paraded through Red Square, and General Guderian, the leader of the successful assault, has been awarded the Iron Cross.

The fall of the heart of the communist conspiracy heralds the destruction of the Bolsheviks and their decadent allies. Long live the Third Reich and the Empire of the Rising Sun!
Old February 5, 2002, 04:42   #39
winterfritz
Prince

And heres the save.
Attached Files:
File Type: net germanyjan1942.net (240.5 KB, 2 views)
Old February 5, 2002, 06:38   #40
winterfritz
Prince

And heres a world map that shows the current territories (or as near as I have been able to piece together from all these posts )

If there are any errors on the map with your territory, feel free to tell me and I'll fix it. Lacking a fully explored map, we'll have to look to this one to get an idea of how the war is going.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	world7.gif
Views:	72
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	9508  
Old February 6, 2002, 19:16   #41
Soundwave
Prince

Excuse me, but have i been skipped? Winterfritz, i downloaded your turn, just to have a look where i am, as i am allowed to, and all my units have moved and all the things i was building have changed, and now are building stuff like waterworks, it sinks!! I like justice for this, coz how can i play a game, when everything keeps changing... its not on!

Fighting is the Ruins of Moscow:-
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-16.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	9588  
Old February 6, 2002, 19:27   #42
klesh
King

Local Time: 15:55
Hmmm soundwave, did you press 'Cntrl-N' while you had a piece activated before you saved the game? If not... the units that were left fortified in places still have movement value left in them, and the AI will always take over your civ and change things around, and also move those fortified units around too. A pain in the arse, so be careful.

If the Germans can captialize on this, and maybe the Japs too... we could see an Axis victory here...

-FMK.
Old February 6, 2002, 20:16   #43
Soundwave
Prince

Not to be a pain, but guys can i have my go again... coz i want to have a good game, and i cant even enjoy it when AI takes over, do you Axis guys mind? PLEASE Sorry, but winterfritz, with what the comps done, i cant resist anything next turn, so please be fair?

And i did press Ctrl N i dont see why it didn't work? So why did the AI change what i was building?
Old February 6, 2002, 22:50   #44
klesh
King

Local Time: 15:55
The AI will switch production for you in a city when another nearby city or yours is taken by another civ. Xin Yu has more experience than me on this by far. As for the units, perhaps the AI will cancel out the Cntrl-N if a city of yours is taken too. I don't know...

-FMK.
Old February 6, 2002, 23:26   #45
Dr. Nick
Deity

And what if we said "tough"
Old February 7, 2002, 02:07   #46
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 11:55
A common mistake is to save the game, then press Ctrl-N, then send the saved game to another player
Old February 7, 2002, 02:11   #47
winterfritz
Prince

Sorry Soundwave, but I'd rather you didn't play your turn again. You'd stuff Moscow full of units and/or position your forces for a counterstrike. Plus, I couldn't be bothered moving the entire Wehrmacht all over again

Perhaps we could make some sort of a deal that I don't undertake any offensives for a turn, so you can repair the damage. On the other hand though, maybe the problems you've encountered are a good simulation of the administrative chaos that would have occurred if Moscow, the administrative and communications hub of Russia, really had fallen to the Germans.

I am open to suggestions on this one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
If the Germans can captialize on this, and maybe the Japs too... we could see an Axis victory here...

-FMK.
Being a relative newcomer to the forums here, I'd be interested in hearing about any of the previous 2194 Days PBEMs you old hands remember. Did Axis or Allies win, and how did they do it? Also, what kind of rules.txt and events.txt did our predecessors use?

Last edited by winterfritz; February 7, 2002 at 02:23.
Old February 7, 2002, 02:17   #48
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Winterfritz: for previous 2194 PBEMs we used the old rules (allied advantage) and events (germany). I remember played 3 times. One as Japan, one as Germany, one as Soviet. You can dig the thread out from this forum.
Old February 7, 2002, 02:35   #49
winterfritz
Prince

Thanks Xin Yu. We're using the allied advantage rules as well. However, Case has very nicely put together a Mpevents file for us (he was originally going to play as the US, but he went on holidays.) If it works well, hopefully it will be able to be used for more PBEMs of this scenario.

I'll look for those old PBEMs, but knowing the amount of ancient threads rusting away on this forum, I may have to set aside a week or two for the task

Last edited by winterfritz; February 7, 2002 at 02:44.
Old February 7, 2002, 02:46   #50
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 13:55
Yes Xin, as soundwave said, we are using a modified events file. It will have to have some work done to it before it will be used again. Need to keep the nuetrals from talking to other people, probably the chinese too. Need to keep the civ specific techs from being taded. Right now I have the ability to build Russian infantry and JS-1 tanks. That just isn't right, I will refuse to build them though. I do like the fact that the Japs do not have fifty million troops to overrun the world, and the fact that the Americans don't start out in the stone age.
Old February 7, 2002, 03:11   #51
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Check out this
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=35181
Old February 7, 2002, 04:04   #52
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Xin Yu
Check out this
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=35181
Thanks, that was very interesting. Did you ever end up finishing it?

BTW, remind me never to let you play against me
Old February 7, 2002, 04:50   #53
Soundwave
Prince

Not to get offened easily, but F**k you... i cant believe you guys wouldn't even do 2 turns again... its only a game, but ok we will keep playing, as i might as well retire, as this game (sux), its not historical, everytime i wanted to attack the Germans i had to sign a cease fire first and then break it and attack, you cant see the whole map, the chinese if i talk to them will cancel alliance, ever time i talk to the americans.. they will de-ally with me if i dont give them techs!!! when they shouldn't have them anyway... i have the ability to build brits inf, paratroopers, chinese inf, Gi's and churcills and its getting ridulcous, if i wanted this i would have been playing ZWK PBEM... sorry winterfritz but you have taken the fun outta this game... if i did know the comp was going do that i would have shoot him... well to be blunt i have lost, i used up most of my money to build units! and now its all buildings now... so i dunno what to do.... to put it into an ANZAC feeling... BUGGAR!!

So thanks guys
Old February 7, 2002, 05:09   #54
Soundwave
Prince

Dear Users of this game:-

I want to pass a vote to restart the game, with map revealed, no sharing techs, and no dipolmacy what so ever....

USSR - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Japan - m_carreras@hotmail.com
Germany - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
Neutrals - AI
Americans - Jimmywax@earthlink.net
British - glassesslayer@hotmail.com
Chinese - AI

(USSR or the USA should get the Chinese)

All in favour, or though against?

(well you know my vote... against
Old February 8, 2002, 03:05   #55
Jimmywax
Prince

My turn is down and I suppose that I could post it, but I am not all that happy with the events either. They just need a little tweaking I think, maybe take out some of the negotiations. (i.e. isolate the neutrals and chinese) Everyone needs to remember though to change the attitude in the diplomacy screen manually and not let the A.I. do it for you. Also, is there anyway we can keep the civ specific techs from being traded? I mean short of a house rule.
Old February 8, 2002, 03:49   #56
winterfritz
Prince

Fair enough, I also personally think its a bit silly trading unique techs. (Although I was going to enjoy using those Okha kamikazes on the Brits and Soviets ) I am willing to start over if everyone else is too.

Do we have a volunteer to edit the events.txt? I think we can leave the scenario file as is, apart from revealing the map. I can take care of that, but I really don't have the time to go through the events.

BTW Soundwave, from what I have been able to piece together, it seems that the production changes you encountered are some kind of bug that sometimes crops up 2194 Days PBEMs. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot one can do about them (replaying turns doesn't seem to help.) Take a look at the link Xin Yu posted for me to see what I mean. I think this is just something we all have to cope with as best we can. Luckily it doesn't seem to happen too often though.
Old February 8, 2002, 05:51   #57
Smaug
Chieftain

I agree with Soundwave. I think we should start all over again and take out those nasty glitches.
Old February 8, 2002, 13:07   #58
Jimmywax
Prince

I could give it a go. I am not an expert on events files but I think that I can get it done be examing Nemo's original. It may take me awhile, at least all weekend so be patient. Or if someone else wants to try be my guest.
Old February 8, 2002, 13:28   #59
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Quote:
Originally posted by winterfritz

BTW Soundwave, from what I have been able to piece together, it seems that the production changes you encountered are some kind of bug that sometimes crops up 2194 Days PBEMs. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot one can do about them (replaying turns doesn't seem to help.) Take a look at the link Xin Yu posted for me to see what I mean. I think this is just something we all have to cope with as best we can. Luckily it doesn't seem to happen too often though.
Have you tried my utility program for keeping the AI from messing up with production? It's under the thread 'need suggestions to my utility program' and attached to one of my posts. I have never got any feedback for this one so I don't know if it works.
Old February 8, 2002, 13:52   #60
Dr. Nick
Deity

Xin, can you control AI production via that utility?