Old January 30, 2002, 06:59   #1
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 19:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OFFICAL rules?
I think that we should get the rules of game decided by the start of game as we have 20 members at the moment, I see that we are likely to start soon, so I would like the rules to be decided by here by posts!

MY SUGGESTIONS FOR RULES:
1. Anyone can be a member.
2. Anyone can post in this forum, but can only run for a cabinet posts if there are members.
3. Polls will run for 36 hours!
4. Elections are every 28 days from the start of game!
5. Only four terms can be served by anyone in cabinet in a row, but after the fallow term can get back into the cabinet.
6. Self-nomination allowed.
7. NO Politic Parties!
8. I think, that people going into election should have only one thread for campaigning, but can do PM, but only one person.
9. Presidents can be impeached.
10. President have to go by Polls' results or can be impeached.
11. The main rule, the main aim of this is to have fun!
12. When a President pass on the game to the new president it should be done by e-mails. So no other person can get the game and play!
13. IF THERE A MAJOR THREAT OF INVASION OF OUR CAPTIAL, THE PRESIDENT HAS TO PAUSE THERE AND DO A 24 HOUR POLL, WHETHER THE PRESIDENT SHOULD HAVE SPECIAL POWERS TO GET ON WITH THE GAME WITHOUT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE POLLS RESULTS, UNTIL THE THREAT OF INVASION OF OUR CAPTIAL. THERE WILL BE A SUPERVISOR SO THAT THE PRESIDENT DOES NOT TAKE THESE POWER LONGER THAN NECCESSARY!
14. The cabinet's role is to put polls on for the ministerial that they were elected to be.
15. The vice-cabinet post is jobs to work as cabinet post, if the minister is not there for over 24 hours!

That all for the moment, lets have your ideas, Please!

Last edited by James Adams; January 31, 2002 at 05:34.
Old January 30, 2002, 10:14   #2
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 21:58
What do you mean with [COLOR={qcolor}]"Post will run for 36 hours!"[/COLOR]?
Is it Polls, ar is it the postions?
Old January 30, 2002, 10:37   #3
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
I suggest we go and simply use the CivFanatics rules!

Except that the "only members can post" feature will be removed, solely because it is currently an unavailable option.

Quote:
What do you mean with "Post will run for 36 hours!"?
I have no reason to believe that it would not mean that a Poll would run for 36 hours, since he suggests in the same post that a elections should be held every 28th day, which I think is way too much and should be cut down to a week or two!
Old January 30, 2002, 11:14   #4
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 13:58
I think the office terms should be based on game turns. Also, any voting should be open for 24hrs. 3 days is good if the server is down, but generally it would be good to have the game flow smoothly.

Re: 13) If the capitol is about to get sacked, the Minister of Defense should get tossed out on his ear! Presidential impeachment may follow, too.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old January 30, 2002, 11:22   #5
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
I think the office terms should be based on game turns. Also, any voting should be open for 24hrs. 3 days is good if the server is down, but generally it would be good to have the game flow smoothly.
Right, I forgot, the Apolyton server is not infallible, and the day limit is purely ridiculous since things can lag. Twenty turns for a term, I say! Of course, any number of consecutive turns ought to be allowed.
Old January 30, 2002, 11:59   #6
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 21:58
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I have no reason to believe that it would not mean that a Poll would run for 36 hours, since he suggests in the same post that a elections should be held every 28th day, which I think is way too much and should be cut down to a week or two!
Yea, I tried to be sarcastic.

I understood that it was polls he was looking for.