Old January 30, 2002, 07:34   #1
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 12:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cleaning Up Build List
Someone's already posted this idea, that's where I got it from, but I've just confirmed that it works so I'm posting it again.

If you want to get rid of all those obsolete units in the build list, give them a unit they can upgrade to, but don't have the "Upgrade Unit" option checked in the "Special Actions" area. They will no longer appear in your box.
Old January 30, 2002, 08:09   #2
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 21:58
Re: Cleaning Up Build List
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem
Someone's already posted this idea, that's where I got it from, but I've just confirmed that it works so I'm posting it again.

If you want to get rid of all those obsolete units in the build list, give them a unit they can upgrade to, but don't have the "Upgrade Unit" option checked in the "Special Actions" area. They will no longer appear in your box.
There is one problem.
You could still upgrade those units with shifl-U.
AI can upgrade those too.
Old January 30, 2002, 08:37   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 20:58
I think the idea is to keep the units available but not visible in the build options. If so, then this is exactly what we need. Toggling them so that they can never be built again could make it impossible for a Civ with no resources to build anything at all until a mod comes out with zero resource units for each era.
Old January 30, 2002, 08:37   #4
Willem
Emperor

Re: Re: Cleaning Up Build List
Quote:
Originally posted by player1

There is one problem.
You could still upgrade those units with shifl-U.
AI can upgrade those too.
Yep, you're right, I just checked it. Oh well, I was planning on ugrading them all to Rifleman anyway. At least I won't have my box cluttered with useless units. And if they're not in the AI's box either, maybe it will mean I end up with less AI Spearman running around.
Old January 30, 2002, 08:45   #5
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
I think the idea is to keep the units available but not visible in the build options. If so, then this is exactly what we need. Toggling them so that they can never be built again could make it impossible for a Civ with no resources to build anything at all until a mod comes out with zero resource units for each era.
Well I had a couple of my early lines , Swordsman, Archer etc. going to my Rifleman, which requires no resources, so that shouldn't be a problem. The units only disappear from the list when Nationalism is discovered, so up until that point they're available to the AI. Like I said, maybe if the unit's not in the box at that point, there'll be less Spearman in the AI's arsenal later on.
Old January 30, 2002, 16:15   #6
pauli
Prince

Local Time: 15:58
Quote:
maybe if the unit's not in the box at that point, there'll be less Spearman in the AI's arsenal later on.
i don't think *anything* could keep the ai from building bizarre numbers of spearmen

i'm hoping that the lwc mod unit tree helps out with cleaning up the build list, cause by default, it's just stupidly bloated.

"no, game, i *don't* want to build swordsmen to accompany my modern armor!"