Old January 31, 2002, 20:12   #1
Kilroy_Alpha
Warlord

Local Time: 12:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why aren't my units halting when they encounter an enemy?
And don't tell me I need to turn on that feature either, because I have. One example is I'm at war with, I think it was the Greeks, I have most of my navy on one side of the continent because it's the most hostile and I need to get it over the other side where the Greeks are. Well turns out the Greeks are sending THEIR navy to the opposite side of my country for some reason so as I'm moving my navy I keep encountering Greek ships. Too bad my ships don't f***ing stop though, they just move right past the Greeks and use up all their movement points, and during the Greeks' turn they decimate my navy. Great.
Old January 31, 2002, 20:30   #2
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 13:02
This is just another example of something that automatically happens in CTP2 but which Civ3 hasn't been designed to do. Now, don't get me wrong. I still play Civ3 but I wish the Firaxis design team would have spent alittle time playing CTP2 as well; then maybe they would have picked up on little details like this.
I still hope Firaxis copies the CTP2 multiplayer game set up menu before they release the XP.
Old January 31, 2002, 20:47   #3
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 13:02
Ohh!? Did something in the Preferences, did you? Did you change them before or after loading your game-in-progress?

(I have found that changing preferences before loading the game can have no effect at all -- make sure they are as you want them AFTER loading the game)
Old January 31, 2002, 21:09   #4
Zanzin
Prince

Local Time: 06:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I've come across exactly the same, rather frustrating problem. I'm moving my entire fleet across the world (I give it a path that the game says will take 18 turns to get their - fine, I can forget about the fleet for 18 turns).

However, during one turn, my ships are moving (carriers moving first, shouldn't be a problem, right?)...although they move straight onto the sqaure of an enemy submarine...now, instead of stopping, and making sure of what I want them to do, the carrier just keeps moving, pretending the enemy sub isn't there - however, it is obviously attacking it, gets into a fight, and gets its arse kicked. As do my other 4 carriers, before finally a battleship in my group gets moved.

Very bloody frustrating!
Old January 31, 2002, 22:17   #5
Kilroy_Alpha
Warlord

Local Time: 12:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaybe
Ohh!? Did something in the Preferences, did you? Did you change them before or after loading your game-in-progress?

(I have found that changing preferences before loading the game can have no effect at all -- make sure they are as you want them AFTER loading the game)
Yes. In fact this option is on by default anyway. I even checked "stop for friendly units." Still nothing.