View Poll Results: Is George Bush starting to sound like a Tyrant?
Yes, he scares me 32 54.24%
No, he is right and you better toe the line 15 25.42%
I don't know, who is he again? 2 3.39%
He needs to calm down and eat more bananas 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 1, 2002, 00:51   #31
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 16:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory

dunno. Im sayin all kinds of wierd **** tonight.
Hmmm... you mean "wierd ****" like it's okay to call black people "niggers"?

Quote:
I should probably go to bed.....otherwise Im ging to drink myself to sleep

Then I will feel like total **** tommorrow
It's patently obvious that you're either already drunk, or you're already total ****.
Old February 1, 2002, 00:52   #32
blackice
Emperor

Local Time: 15:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai

This isn't about the cops patrolling the world. This is about the rich neighbour with lots of guns suddenly deciding he is going to decide who is a threat and who is not. And his definition of a threat is anyone who has different values than what he believes in.

Besides, if we follow this analogy, where are the checks and balances on the global cops? Yes, we need to protect ourselves from criminals, but we don't want to live in a police state.
Rich neighbor or concerned parent? Is it really I hope you are right looks like YOU are willing to take that CHANCE.

Trust comes to mind again...
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old February 1, 2002, 00:57   #33
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 04:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Is that why they give active support to the Islamic Jihad, Hizbollah, arm the opposition to the US backed government in Afghanistan, and ship 50 tons of weapons to the PA?
Likewise, the US actively supports the CIA, the Saudi royal family, and Israel. They ship lots of weapons and give billions of aid to countries that are "loyal."

Self-serving is fine. It's this double standard and "holier than thou" attitude that are causing backlashes.
Old February 1, 2002, 00:57   #34
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by blackice

Rich neighbor or concerned parent? Is it really I hope you are right looks like YOU are willing to take that CHANCE.

Trust comes to mind again...
Given the past record of American foreign policies, a logical reaction is not to trust Washington.

The thing I don't understand is that the average American complains all the time about big government and the idiots in Washington, but when it comes to going out in the world, they have no problems with letting these fools off the leash.
Old February 1, 2002, 01:00   #35
blackice
Emperor

And visa vie yet "the fools" do not crash planes full of innocent people (children included) into "civillian" buildings... getting the picture now?

When was the last time you heard of "the fools" gassing their own people?

unreal a logical reaction is not to trust anyone in power at least we have the right to do that and publicly voice ourslves and democraticaly change the situation do they?
“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
Or do we?
Old February 1, 2002, 01:17   #36
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 09:03
Lets start a war on terror (on GWB).

He didn't even get most votes in an election, and came into government undemocratically.

Last edited by Grrr; February 1, 2002 at 19:46.
Old February 1, 2002, 01:22   #37
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 20:03
[insert baseless speculations and generalizations]
Old February 1, 2002, 01:37   #38
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:
And visa vie yet "the fools" do not crash planes full of innocent people (children included) into "civillian" buildings... getting the picture now?
Yeah, they just drop bombs on them.
Old February 1, 2002, 01:47   #39
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteElephants
Quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Osweld

You conduct yourselves in different fashion, but both goverments rose to power through war, and both goverments control their citizens.

Well, there's nothing like a good conspiracy theory...
...and this is nothing like a good conspiracy theory!

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 1, 2002, 01:58   #40
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
I just heard a Bush sound bite on the radio. In it he was threatening "all countries who don't share our values". I take it the US is now going to bomb everyone.

*starts learning the rules of baseball*
Old February 1, 2002, 02:08   #41
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Self-serving is fine.
Self-serving is expected but we shouldn't be decietful and claim that Bush destroyed a warming relationship between the two countries given the facts that I laid out. It's like getting mad at someone who says that China doesn't deserve to host the Olympics becuase of its atrocious human rights record.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old February 1, 2002, 02:10   #42
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Quote:
The CIA has been instigating insurgents in regions hotile to the USA, with ensuing wars claimed untold number of innocent lives.

The "fools" have been supporting barbaric regimes that are/were "loyal" to them.

I hope your criticism is a bit more comprehensive.
Old February 1, 2002, 02:16   #43
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 12:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer

It's patently obvious that you're either already drunk, or you're already total ****.
I didn't see that one. Would you be so kind as to point it out for me? (don't have time to search)
Old February 1, 2002, 09:36   #44
blackice
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, they just drop bombs on them.
Intentionally?

That is the difference to ignore that fact for the sake of a point is a waste of time conversation.
Or do we?
Old February 1, 2002, 09:59   #45
ZoboZeWarrior
King

Local Time: 21:03
Quote:
The way I see it we have police patrol the streets in every country in the world... Why? to protect the honest innocent, what then is wrong with "patroling" the world for the same reason? Trust?

Because the World is not necessary agree that you decide what It must do ! Of course you could try to impose your will to the world, but you have not to be suprised that some nation will not be happy.

And the objective of your gouvernment isn't simply wipe out terrorist organizations (Maybe Bush have simply this objective, but you have surely lot of organization which have different objectives, less ... legitim and which will exploit the 9/11 events).

---

I don't think that the police protect innocent citizen in dictatorial countries.
Old February 1, 2002, 10:38   #46
blackice
Emperor

Lets make the distiction between "world" and "leaders" of these countries and the "people" who live in them. Are the people of Afghanistan happier now or before? Do you really believe the people of Iran really want to be controlled or free? Do they want to be gassed? Do they want to be bombed by another country because their "leader" sponsers terra around the world and in their own countries?

Bush is moving from sponsering terra groups, (mini wars) to all out ok we are tired of the games policies.

"We seek not the world-wide victory of one nation or system but a world-wide victory of man. The modern globe is too small, its weapons too destructive, and its disorders too contagious to permit any other kind of victory." John F. Kennedy
Or do we?
Old February 1, 2002, 11:56   #47
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 16:03
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

I didn't see that one. Would you be so kind as to point it out for me? (don't have time to search)
I believe it was in "poison_flower's really gay thread" or whatever that one is called. Don't have time to find a link at the moment, sorry.
Old February 1, 2002, 12:26   #48
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

It is no secret that the United States will soon strike a blow at Iraq. We are in the calm before the storm. It may well get out of hand.
Old February 1, 2002, 13:08   #49
ZoboZeWarrior
King

Quote:
Are the people of Afghanistan happier now or before?
You base your obervation on the CNN shows ?
The people who are at the power was the same guys who oppressed the Afghan tens years ago.

Of course they would not complain on the situation. If they do it, they will be pursued as Taliban partisant ...

BTW, I don't critized you on the fact you would defend yourself against terrorism. And it was a good thing that Talibans had their ass kicked.

But don't considere that the world (I mean people not leader) await you or considere you as liberator.
Old February 1, 2002, 13:14   #50
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer

Sheesh...dont get your panties all up in a bunch

I dont remember calling anybody on this forum a nigger

I just was pointing out the silly double standerd
Old February 1, 2002, 16:41   #51
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

I recieved a letter recently from a (swedish) friend who´s studying political science at Harvard, she says that the political climate has changed dramatically since 9/11. The amount of propaganda that´s spewed in the the livingrooms of America by CNN is almost as bad as the propaganda spewed out by state television in China! She´s lived two years in China so she recognizes the "news" for what it is. The difference is that in China everybody knows it´s propaganda, not so in the US. No wonder americans have such a distorted view of the world If Jiang Zhemin or Saddam Hussein or Moammar Khadaffi started to speak in the manner of GW, they would be labeled tyrants in a split second.

So Yes! GW sounds like a tyrant and the media is his tool for keeping people in line. Don´t you see it?
Old February 1, 2002, 20:17   #52
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Quote:
The way I see it we have police patrol the streets in every country in the world... Why? to protect the honest innocent, what then is wrong with "patroling" the world for the same reason?
Yes, what´s wrong with that? Could it be that most of the world thinks you are tyrants 'patroling' according to your interests, not anybody else´s interests?

And would you agree to some foreign powers 'patroling' the US, just to make sure there is not one nation that is 'more equal'?

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Last edited by Comrade Tribune; February 1, 2002 at 20:24.
Old February 1, 2002, 20:25   #53
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
i wonder when he starts blaming the Jews or the blacks for all the worlds problems.

Stupid septic

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old February 1, 2002, 20:44   #54
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
Starting?
Sound?

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.
Old February 1, 2002, 22:03   #55
DaShi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The CIA has been instigating insurgents in regions hotile to the USA, with ensuing wars claimed untold number of innocent lives.

The "fools" have been supporting barbaric regimes that are/were "loyal" to them.

I hope your criticism is a bit more comprehensive.
Cool!

Hey, where are they doing this now?