Old February 1, 2002, 18:05   #1
ElitePersian
Prince

Local Time: 20:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Palace relocation
When im building a palace in one of my cities to relocate my capitol, does the palace count as a wonder in the sense that i cant clear forests/disband units for extra production?
Old February 1, 2002, 18:20   #2
The Hun
Settler

Local Time: 14:05
No, I tried. It doesn't help.

I rush build courthouses first (they seem to be working for me). Because of the corruption, I try to pick a city that has alot of production tiles in it for the Forbidden City/Palace. While I am building the City/Palace, I make sure my city's citizens are sufficiently happy even celebrating to prevent corruption. I grow the city using settlers or workers. According to what I've been told, the Republic and Democracy produce the least amount of corruption and therefore are the most favorable for building the City, not to mention the added tile bonus. I am playing Warlord on a map one larger than standard. Even after all that it still takes centuries to build. I think it start out at about 250 turns for me. I am happy with the timeframe... After all, it is the "Forbidden" City. Shouldn't it take awhile? And if it's your Palace, the government has alot of bureaucracy to get moving.
Old February 2, 2002, 07:18   #3
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 12:05
1st
My 1st (maybe 2nd) leader always goes to the Palace/Forbidden Palace. 1 turn for me.