Old February 2, 2002, 19:31   #1
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Shattered Galaxy
Greetings all!

I just received a prize from NBC (the Television Network). It contained a copy of the Online Warfare Game: Shattered Galaxy.

A few months back NBC's websight hosted a drawing for the game, so I figured "what the hey" and submitted my name for it.

Well, evidently I actually won! Now, why can't I hit the Lottery?!

My question is this: Has anyone played it yet? If so, how was it? I will probably load it up next week and give it a whirl, but I was wondering if anyone else has heard about this game?

The box states it is "The First Massively Muliplayer Online Real-Time Strategy Game"..."Massive Online Warfare, Intense Battles, Perpetual War" ... I must admit, it DOES sound interesting!

Ciao!
Old February 3, 2002, 05:26   #2
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 22:07
Re: Shattered Galaxy
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
The box states it is "The First Massively Muliplayer Online Real-Time Strategy Game"..."Massive Online Warfare, Intense Battles, Perpetual War" ... I must admit, it DOES sound interesting!
that's what they all say
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old February 3, 2002, 15:26   #3
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 16:07
They just had another major update added to the game recently too.

I hear its unique.. somewhat tactical in its approach.

I say give it a try; maybe read some reviews online to get the scoop on it.
Old February 3, 2002, 15:38   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:07
You got it for free (Lucky bastard...) so why not give it a try?
Old February 3, 2002, 15:39   #5
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:07
If I am thinking of the right game, I played in the Beta for a short period, and it was a complete heap of garbage. Just a bunch of lame "RTS" battles where everyone starts off with a bunch of units and you all blow each other up and the person who wins gets money and can upgrade their units, or some such nonsense... it was a long time ago, and I don't really remember.

Do It Ourselves
Old February 3, 2002, 15:55   #6
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:07
Well, something could be deduced from the fact that it's given out as gifts and prizes...
Old February 4, 2002, 22:16   #7
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:07
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Well, something could be deduced from the fact that it's given out as gifts and prizes...
Truely.

Well, I loaded it up and played for a while. It is an interesting game, but I don't think it's going to hold my attention for very long. It all boils down to constantly going out and attacking the opposing alliance, and them constantly attacking your alliance

Nope, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to a good 'ol game of multiplayer Civ!
Old February 5, 2002, 07:00   #8
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 21:07
A site dedicated to quality TBS games is the last place I'd go looking for people who think RTS games are in any way strategic, or anything more than an hours light entertainment.