Old February 3, 2002, 09:10   #1
CrazyOldBear
Settler

Local Time: 20:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Power Mod...
Well, I want to make a total rework of the current Civs, starting from scratch as it were. But I need help on some info as my most recent encyclopedia is from 1997. I assume you can have 31 civilizations to choose from? With the Barbarians being the 32nd? Or is it 21 like in Civ II?

Well, the 32 Civilizations are listed below. I need your help, with as much as possible, a few examples being current political leaders, cities etc. Althought cities I can manage myself, so don't worry much about them. I'm aiming at an approach that many will feel takes away from the atmosphere of the Civ series, a modern day game, with modern world powers such as Serbia. The civilizations then...

A Terrorist Network (previously the Barbarians)
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Canada
China
Czech Republic
England
France
Germany
Greece
India
Iraq
Israel
Italy
Japan
Kenya
Mexico
Nigeria
Pakistan
Poland
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Serbia
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
USA

Please remember that these choices are my own personal opinion and suggestions are welcome. If you do suggest someone please back up your choice with some sort of information. Also, gameplay was in my mind when I chose the Civs to give a fair spread across the world map (surely tehre will be a way of correcting starting locations).

Thanx in advance...
Old February 5, 2002, 19:26   #2
godinex
Prince

Local Time: 14:08
What about a latin America Civ? Costa Rica Mod is at Your service in creation forum
Old February 6, 2002, 19:07   #3
Bilo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:08
I'd recommend you to visit the CIA fact book:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html
there you can find major cities leaders, governments ect.
Old February 6, 2002, 21:28   #4
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 17:08
Any help with Argentina just make me a list and I'm sure I can figure out something.
Old February 8, 2002, 10:23   #5
Herr David
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:08
Small remark:

Why do you take south korea as a Civ and not Korea as a whole? I mean, after all you're taking Germany as one Civ and not two (east & west).
Old February 8, 2002, 13:28   #6
Bilo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Herr David
Small remark:

Why do you take south korea as a Civ and not Korea as a whole? I mean, after all you're taking Germany as one Civ and not two (east & west).
Korea is still divided, I think CrazyOldBear is trying to implement a mod with 32 counties that have the highest annual GDP.
Old February 9, 2002, 08:52   #7
CrazyOldBear
Settler

Local Time: 20:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Bilo
I'd recommend you to visit the CIA fact book:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html
there you can find major cities leaders, governments ect.
Thanks a lot for this site. Seems really helpful, it's got pretty much all the information I need.

Just wondering on a personal opinion here, but are the nations I have pretty much OK to have in the game? Or are there any suggestions for stronger countries?

Bilo was also right with the idea - it is nations I'm after, generally strong nations militarily or strong nations in terms of science. And yes, Germany is now united whereas Korea is classed as two different nations, that's why I only included one of them.

Final point, I just need confirmation of how many civs the game does actually support? But I'll post in gramphos' Civ3CopyTool thread, I'm sure I'll get an answer there.

Thanks for all the help so far, but at present I don't know if I'l be able to distribute the mod on the net. Once I get my proper connection up and running again though definitely, so by the time it's finished. I was wondering, is there anyone interested in helping me out with a total rework of the tech tree? I've been considering doing this for a while now, and think I could do it myself, but it would go a lot quicker with input and it would get done a lot more efficiently and at a higher standard. Any volunteers?

Cheers again...