View Poll Results: So, what artificial category you are pigeonholed in?
Staunch Conservatives 7 12.07%
Moderate Republicans 4 6.90%
Populist Republicans 0 0%
Liberal Democrats 29 50.00%
Socially Conservative Democrats 0 0%
New Democrats 0 0%
Partisan Poor 0 0%
New Prosperity Independents 9 15.52%
Disaffecteds 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 3, 2002, 13:30   #1
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Another political quiz type thingy! For those who love to be told what they think!
So, it's a poll and quiz combined! The quiz is here, and no, there's no "I don't know/care" option. Boo hoo! Learn to make up your minds, lazy-brained buggers!

So, what have you? I got Liberal Democrat.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old February 3, 2002, 13:44   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:08
I wound up a liberal democrat...
Old February 3, 2002, 13:44   #3
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:08
liberal democrat
Quote:
Defining Values:
Pro-choice and supporters of civil rights, gay rights, and the environment. Critical of big business. Very low expression of religious faith. Most sympathetic of any group to the poor, African-Americans and immigrants. Highly supportive of the women's movement.
Who They Are:
Most highly-educated group (48% have a college degree). Least religious of all typology groups. One-third never married.

Top Priorites for the Next President:
Education (36%)
Health Care (31%)

Top Issues and Concerns in the 2000 Election:
Addiong prescription drug benefits to be part of Medicare (98%)
Being unable to afford health care for a sick family member (86%)
Not having enough money for retirement (80%)

Analysis:
Extremely tolerant on social issues. Champion individual rights and a range of liberal causes. Despite steadfast support for Democratic candidates, many Liberal Democrats prefer to call themselves Independents. Most favor having a third major party.
to a T

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Last edited by orange; February 3, 2002 at 13:49.
Old February 3, 2002, 13:45   #4
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
Bystander

Defining Values:
Somewhat sympathetic toward poor. Uninterested in what goes on in politics. Rarely vote.

Of course, I'm not of voting age... So, I went back picked that I am registered and nearly always voted - I came up as:

Liberal Democrat

Defining Values:
Pro-choice and supporters of civil rights, gay rights, and the environment. Critical of big business. Very low expression of religious faith. Most sympathetic of any group to the poor, African-Americans and immigrants. Highly supportive of the women's movement.

Do It Ourselves
Old February 3, 2002, 13:46   #5
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Staunch Consevative
Old February 3, 2002, 13:52   #6
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:08
Liberal Democrat...

Surprise Surprise
Old February 3, 2002, 13:56   #7
David Floyd
Emperor

I wound up a Staunch Conservative, but it blatantly ignored my choices, it seemed.

It said I'm pro-military even though I voted that diplomacy is necessary to ensure peace and that people should not have to fight in wars they disagree with. It also said I'm a self-defined patriot in spite of the above. Further, it called my anti-gay even though I said society should accept homosexuals.

The rest is right though - pro-business, "anti-environment" (a bullshit phrase, but whatever), pro-life, anti-social welfare, distrustful of government, unsupportive of the women's movement, and, marginally, little concern for the poor (that actually isn't true, but it is true in the sense they mean it, that I'm not willing to give them handouts).

Whatever. Another biased test.
Old February 3, 2002, 13:58   #8
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 16:08
I'm a staunch conservative. But it said I'm anti-gay and I'm not. I suppose they just think all conservatives are anti-gay, don't they. Profiling! Profiling! I'm filing a multimillion dollar lawsuit!

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old February 3, 2002, 14:00   #9
Juggernaut
Prince

Quote:
Disaffected.
Defining Values:
Distrustful of government, politicians, and business corporations. Favor creation of third major political party. Also, anti-immigrant and intolerant of homosexuality. Very unsatisfied financially.

Worst test I've ever taken.
Old February 3, 2002, 14:02   #10
August Borms
Prince

Local Time: 21:08
Moderate Republican

Defining Values:
Pro-business, pro-military, but also pro-government. Strong environmentalists. Highly religious. Self-defined patriots. Little compassion for poor. More satisfied than Staunch Conservatives with state of the nation.
Old February 3, 2002, 14:03   #11
Natan
Prince

I'm a staunch Conservative. Which apparently means I'm an old, grumpy, rich white Protestant who hates gays and the environment and that I spend my time sulking over the newspaper when not counting my money and shouting "all mine! All mine! The Democrats will never get you, my precious . . ." etc
Old February 3, 2002, 14:03   #12
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ehm, I think they mean that you folks come closer to the Staunch Conservative type than any other type - not necessarily that you agree with all Staunch Conservative ideas, like being anti-gay or pro-military. Geez.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old February 3, 2002, 14:04   #13
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

@ Natan
Old February 3, 2002, 14:09   #14
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

New Prosperity Independent?

What the hell is that? LOL

Defining Values:
Pro-business, pro-environment and many are pro-choice. Sympathetic toward immigrants, but not as understanding toward black Americans and the poor. Somewhat critical of government. Tolerant on social issues.
Who They Are:
Well-educated (40% have a college degree), affluent (almost four-in-ten earn at least $75,000), young (70% less than age 50), and male (64%). Less religious (only 15% go to church weekly).

Education (25%)
Health Care (19%)

Adding prescription drug benefits to Medicare (91%)
Using payroll taxes for private retirement accounts (84%)
Eliminating the Inheritance Tax (79%)

Analysis:
Affluent and less religious, this group is basically non-partisan with a slight lean toward the Republican Party. New Prosperity Independents are highly satisfied with the things that are going in the country. A majority approves of Bill Clinton, yet tends to be critical of government. One-third consider themselves Internet enthusiasts. Two-thirds favor having third major political party in addition to the Democrats and Republicans.

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old February 3, 2002, 14:14   #15
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I'm a staunch Conservative. Which apparently means I'm an old, grumpy, rich white Protestant who hates gays and the environment and that I spend my time sulking over the newspaper when not counting my money and shouting "all mine! All mine! The Democrats will never get you, my precious . . ." etc
As a Liberal Democrat, I'd accuse you of racism in condescending manner, but I'm too busy preparing to go to welfare office with my live-in homosexual lover, who is an abortion doctor to scam taxpayer money I can use to buy copies of Humanist Manifesto and make firebombs for coming anti-free trade protest.
Old February 3, 2002, 14:23   #16
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Assuming I lived in America...

New Prosperity Independent.

Quote:
Well-educated (40% have a college degree), affluent (almost four-in-ten earn at least $75,000), young (70% less than age 50), and male (64%). Less religious (only 15% go to church weekly
3 out of 4 right there. One is so-so.
Old February 3, 2002, 14:27   #17
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Liberal Democrat
Old February 3, 2002, 14:32   #18
Natan
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu

As a Liberal Democrat, I'd accuse you of racism in condescending manner, but I'm too busy preparing to go to welfare office with my live-in homosexual lover, who is an abortion doctor to scam taxpayer money I can use to buy copies of Humanist Manifesto and make firebombs for coming anti-free trade protest.
Good one, Stefu.
Old February 3, 2002, 14:44   #19
Kyle
Prince

I got Moderate Republican. Due to some pro-environmentalist leanings, belief that some government isn't too bad, lack of religion, and my apathy towards homosexuality.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Old February 3, 2002, 14:55   #20
kolpo
Prince

lin demo, logical with my left winged pro civil rights view.
Old February 3, 2002, 15:05   #21
HisMajestyBOB
Warlord

Quote:
Defining Values:
Pro-business, pro-military, pro-life, anti-gay and anti-social welfare with a strong faith in America. Anti-environmental. Self-defined patriot. Distrustful of government. Little concern for the poor. Unsupportive of the women's movement.
Some of thats not true, but these types of quizes are just BS. And whats with the Judgement Day question?

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!
Old February 3, 2002, 15:36   #22
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:08
From the test:
Quote:
The government should do more to help needy Americans, even if it means going deeper into debt
Now, why would I want my goverment to help Americans? Would that not be the matter of the US goverment?

The test informs me that I am a Liberal Democrat. I expected nothing else.
Old February 3, 2002, 15:49   #23
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I was a disaffected

but when I read over the list of what makes a dissaffected I had chosen differently many times

I think I was put there just because I don't belong anywhere else (and I don't like the corporate/political situation)

Jon Miller
Old February 3, 2002, 15:50   #24
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

*Someone* can't code correctly....
Quote:
Defining Values:
Distrustful of government, politicians, and business corporations. Favor creation of third major political party. Also, anti-immigrant and intolerant of homosexuality. Very unsatisfied financially.

Who They Are:
Less-educated (only 8% have a college degree) and lower-income (84% make less than $50,000). Half are between the ages of 30-49. Second only to Partisan Poor in number of single parents.

Social Security (27%)
Education (19%)

Not having enough money for retirement (92%)
Being unable to afford health care for a sick family member (91%)
Being unable to put a child through college (85%)
Using payroll taxes for private retirement accounts (82%)

Analysis:
The Disaffecteds feel completely estranged from both parties. This financially pressured and pessimistic group is not only dissatisfied with the ability of politicians to help improve things, but also has less faith in America in general.

Hey Natan, apparantly that's what I should be doing as well. Maybe we should form one of those white, Protestant, homophobic, money-counting clubs.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old February 3, 2002, 15:57   #25
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Dissaffected

Defining Values:
Who They Are:
Less-educated (only 8% have a college degree) and lower-income (84% make less than $50,000). Half are between the ages of 30-49. Second only to Partisan Poor in number of single parents.

Social Security (27%)
Education (19%)

Not having enough money for retirement (92%)
Being unable to afford health care for a sick family member (91%)
Being unable to put a child through college (85%)
Using payroll taxes for private retirement accounts (82%)

Analysis:
The Disaffecteds feel completely estranged from both parties. This financially pressured and pessimistic group is not only dissatisfied with the ability of politicians to help improve things, but also has less faith in America in general.
Old February 3, 2002, 15:59   #26
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I beleive I had the same issue Ramo

I think they just throw you there if they can't anywhere else

so just feel proud they cannot place you

Jon Miller
Old February 3, 2002, 16:05   #27
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That's probably true...
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old February 3, 2002, 16:15   #28
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Wow, that's nice to know that since I'm a libertarian and am opposed to government interventionism, I'm also a old, married, anti-gay, Protestant, who considers morality to be the top priority in an elected official.

Overall, an excellent poll that came really close to getting the real, 18 year old, single, Roman Catholic, who considers homosexuality to be just fine in other people and who loves nothing more than to smoke copious amounts of weed.

This thing is pathetic. It just reveals PBS's own belief that bigoted-ass Republicans are the same thing as blotto, pot-head, Libertarians.
Old February 3, 2002, 16:50   #29
Clear Skies
Prince

Well, aside from being a test deigned solely for Americans and not taking into account the face that some of us can't vote yet...

I got Liberal Democrat. Not bad, considering I've just joined the party of the same name over here in the UK. It's the label I think fits me, so I'll wear it.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old February 3, 2002, 17:45   #30
Rex Little
Prince

"New Prosperity Independent", which I guess is as close to libertarian as this poll recognizes. It's not much more bogus than most of the other polls I've seen here, and better than some.