Old November 29, 2000, 14:10   #1
onepaul

spies, railroads, nukes, world, final frontier... stuff
dunno, don't come here much, so prolly all of these have been talked about before... but:

Unlimited movement on railroads? hope not. And if you enter a enemy's terriotry with a spy, on a road, railroad, etc. with each movement, the chance of being cought should greatly increase... and enough of city converting, at least when you're in the modern age... I mean come on. and if super weapons are in the game, and it's safe to assume they will be, I think they should have a much more devastating result... think twice before using it...

oh yeah, one more thing... please tell me the world map is an actual 'sphere' and there are no 'invisible walls' at the ends of the world...

and why not extend the ending a bit? we all know the colonization of AC was the ultimate goal... why not take it a step further and maybe have the ability to colonize the moon? mars? before actually going straight to distant stars... this wouldn't even have to involve moving your units in space suits on a gray or red map, just have a screen of your 'city' like a regular city on earth and work from there...

discovering the techs and building the space ship was way too fast and seemed a bit unrealistic, take out the time limit (2021 in CivII, right?) and make the game last and last and last... and harder and more resource consuming for such ability to colonize other world only achievable if you little empire is working at its peak efficiency...

one more little thing... hunger, I could never figure out how to make the darn cities stop outgrowing its food supply and starving... how about a Richard Simmons tech/unit... not.

Old November 29, 2000, 14:38   #2
airdrik
Prince

Local Time: 18:33
Local Date: October 30, 2010
You're right, it has been discussed:
Railroads, I don't know what has been established about that.
Spies: good idea, though chances are the spy unit may be done away with altogether, sorry.
Super weapons: look it up, I don't know where that ended up.
Spherical world, I don't know where that one ended up. Last I heard, they were going to use 'pixils' instead of tiles, on a 3d map; may have to check the archives on that one.
Colonization of the solar system, Yes, this has been discussed and the conclusion is you can colonize about 4-5 other planets.
Extended ending, look it up, I don't know
Hunger, don't know. I don't think that one has been discussed, though with the new ideas of how to do cities, you may not need to worry about that.