Old January 27, 2003, 18:08   #271
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by panag
so if you change your name you are disqualified , ...
Change login, as in create an alternate account and delete or abandon the original one.
Old January 27, 2003, 18:29   #272
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch

Change login, as in create an alternate account and delete or abandon the original one.
hi ,

, so lets say you are number one the list big crunch , and in a week you change your name to big old crunch ( or young ) , you will loose the spot , ....

that makes no sense , .......

have a nice day
Old January 27, 2003, 18:40   #273
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike

Well you can't expect the spam-time continuum to be in complete alignment when the act of measuring the spam renders said measurement invalid.
Add a disclaimer at the top of your list:
Post counts as at __/__/__

This way people know when the data was captured, rather than unrealistically expecting the data to continuously update itself.
Old January 27, 2003, 22:30   #274
Tuberski

Local Time: 15:22
It's really depressing to look yourself up and realize that you are tied for 307th. Nut, then again, I don't post in any Democracy threads.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old January 28, 2003, 00:11   #275
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

yet you are a member of the civ3 demo game...
Old January 28, 2003, 10:24   #276
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, so lets say you are number one the list big crunch , and in a week you change your name to big old crunch ( or young ) , you will loose the spot , ....

that makes no sense , .......

have a nice day
I'm talking about if you register a new username account, not change the name of an existing account. If I change my username for the ID #240 I will not lose my posts. (You can find the poster ID# by hovering over the "See profile" link)

People create DLs quite often, and occasionally they prefer to keep the DL - ID #24,543 (HershOstropoler) and no longer use ID #2,279 (Roland). The latter ID has a post count of 5,503 and is now restricted (doesn't appear in the members list), the former has no post count. As the ID has changed and no post count transferred from the old login to the new one, HershOstropoler appears lowly on the members list - i.e. not making the top 100. What DC has done is included Roland as he would have been on the list if it were not for the change.

Make sense?
Old January 28, 2003, 13:22   #277
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Good job, DC, again.
Especially since your going to take abuse for any miniscule error or change.

RAH
Old January 28, 2003, 15:14   #278
spartak
King

Local Time: 20:22
Shouldn't that be you are or you're Rah?
Old January 28, 2003, 15:31   #279
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Who cares?
Old January 28, 2003, 15:51   #280
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

If you're (hehe) reduced to pointing out grammatical errors to get your +1's you need to be more inventive.
Old January 28, 2003, 15:57   #281
spartak
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
If you're (hehe) reduced to pointing out grammatical errors to get your +1's you need to be more inventive.
It was only because Rah was talking about errors.
Old January 28, 2003, 16:01   #282
DrSpike
Deity

Yeah the cutting irony didn't escape me. I should have made an obvious error in my post to show I understood.
Old January 28, 2003, 16:58   #283
spartak
King

I'm not sure about cutting irony anyway.
Old January 28, 2003, 20:19   #284
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 13:22
hey Darkcloud if you are around. See my above post 2 pages earlier about my previous logins. That would definately move me high on the list. I originally came here in April or May of 1999. This login registered in Feb 2000.
Old January 28, 2003, 23:36   #285
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Sorry for the long period between responses

ustedes, por favor aceptan mi apologeta.

CARLOS113

Quote:
Also, long time without seeing you at the Spanish Forum!
Ay! Perdón. Yo estoy muy ocupado con muchos actividades.
Yo espero que yo poderé regresar a la fora de español muy (soon).

DISSIDENT-

Quote:
Actually I have many more posts than what you have there. I am in a demo game, and fully support civ3 for all it's faults and post and play that game.
Sorry, but I can't give you credit for posts that the forum says you don't have... if I did that- all the hundreds of people who had PCR's would be
banging at my door... If someone has received a PCR, consider not being on the list as part of your official punishment handed out by mark and dan
and if you spam to return to those levels, you'll just receive more punishemnts and fall even farther

Quote:
And what do you mean by Auxiliary poster
The Aux. Posters are posters who belong on this list; but either changed their name/zeroed their own post count:
Roland, EVC, MichaeltheGreat... Or who just disappeared (Ecthelion) ... who I assume was on the list... but who I could not find because I am assuming that he was banned at the time.

Quote:
If I give you the post counts of my other screen names I used before this one will you add them in?
I don't know... I might. It depends. If a lot of people start petitioning me, then no. But if you are the only one who has had them; then I will agree.
So... in the meantime... I'll add them. (there can't be more than 10 or so people in the top 120 anyway, who have done that which you have done.)
And lets see if this is the whole list of your old names... Black Bart, Dissident Agressor... were there any others? Just wondering?

BIG CRUNCH-
Quote:
Must be old, a quick look at your post history show ~450 (including OT) posts since the beginning of December.

I've had more than 60 posts in the past two months though.

DC, can you shed some light on your source?
My source... HTower's early January list. Although I put my updated numbers in since I could easily check it (please don't scream... It's not as if I moved up any positions with the additions)... and I updated #120-110 with recent data.

Quote:
He's probably just been working on it for a while.
True.

CHRIS 62-

Quote:
Dark Cloud, do the list with OT count added, the "losers" include many people that only post OT.
Sorry, I can't, this is based on the real data.
And anyways, even if I were to search the OT posts- I wouldn't have real numbers as the OT posters have lost some to deletions... not many since we upgraded to vbboard, but some.

SKANKY-

Quote:
Add a disclaimer at the top of your list:
Post counts as at __/__/__

This way people know when the data was captured, rather than unrealistically expecting the data to continuously update itself.
I probably should... but as I said... this was taken from several points in time during the spam continuum.

But it was from 6/1/03... just so you know...

Quote:
Also, I think some people had lost posts restored.
[

????? What do you mean by this? I am unclear

HTOWER-
Quote:
if you check my title i'm sure you'll realize how far off that number is now
HTower- how many beeping posts can you get in a month- you posted that list about a month ago and now you have 400 more posts!
GACK!
Do you have an Area 25 up your sleeve?
The last poster who did something like that was Provost- and he had about 2000 or so in 3 months!
Old January 28, 2003, 23:41   #286
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Although Dissident... the more I think about it, I don't think I should do that- as Roland did much the same thing- and I put him on an auxiliary list... I'll probably be insulted whatever I chose in the end... sigh... I don't really care... but the nice thing would be to count yours- but the precedented thing would be to not count yours.

I'll have to think on it...
Old January 29, 2003, 07:18   #287
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 17:22
Quote:
Ay! Perdón. Yo estoy muy ocupado con muchos actividades.
Yo espero que yo poderé regresar a la fora de español muy (soon).
No hay problema
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!
Old January 29, 2003, 15:04   #288
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch

I'm talking about if you register a new username account, not change the name of an existing account. If I change my username for the ID #240 I will not lose my posts. (You can find the poster ID# by hovering over the "See profile" link)

People create DLs quite often, and occasionally they prefer to keep the DL - ID #24,543 (HershOstropoler) and no longer use ID #2,279 (Roland). The latter ID has a post count of 5,503 and is now restricted (doesn't appear in the members list), the former has no post count. As the ID has changed and no post count transferred from the old login to the new one, HershOstropoler appears lowly on the members list - i.e. not making the top 100. What DC has done is included Roland as he would have been on the list if it were not for the change.

Make sense?
hi ,

yep it does , thanks

have a nice day
Old January 29, 2003, 15:16   #289
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Puaxant Tuvip and Krushala were my actual posting names. I had Black Bart as well, but I think that is with the same account Dissident Aggressor/Dissident is on. This was back when we could change our names easily. I tried a search on Black Bart and got nothing. So I'm sure it is the same account as Dissident.

The main reason I wanted to include Krushala is that is because that is my name I first use when I came here. And I still may be on the Hall of Fame for Thinker level for SMAC. I'd have to check. I just ran up the score, but I grew bored of doing that, then I sent it in.

Any other screen names I had were just DL's and I got a PCR for them. . Like Barfasm and Fistful of Steel. Let's not forget Ass Clown.

edit: yep I'm still on the hall of fame. 660% for Krushala. Of course that's a lot easier to do on Thinker level than Transcend. But I did fairly well on Transcend level as well.

Last edited by Dis; January 29, 2003 at 15:22.
Old January 29, 2003, 15:23   #290
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
HTower- how many beeping posts can you get in a month- you posted that list about a month ago and now you have 400 more posts!
GACK!
i was the pres of the civ2 demo game and the people demanded many, many screen shots and large maps. check out this thread for an example: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=73301

also I do Nation States, CtP2 DG, civ2pbem, CtPDG, and Moo3. I'm a busy guy

Quote:
maybe
Old January 29, 2003, 22:10   #291
DarkCloud
staff

Okay, fixed it dissident. You are now 26th... one spot below me.
Old January 30, 2003, 04:02   #292
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Thanks. Seniority gets something.

Jeez, I can't believe I have been here since 1999 . Wonder how much longer. I wonder if civ games will ever die off. I'd imagine the TBS ones will.
Old January 30, 2003, 05:10   #293
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

Jeez, I can't believe I have been here since 1999 . Wonder how much longer. I wonder if civ games will ever die off. I'd imagine the TBS ones will.
In your worst dream.
Old January 30, 2003, 05:25   #294
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:

There will be MOO3, and maybe RON. TBS is not dead yet........and 'Poly can diversify anyway.
Old January 30, 2003, 06:46   #295
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

hi ,

, nah , there shall be XP's for civ three , and then at some stage civ four shall peep from around the corner , .......

and there shall like always be runoff's of the classic civ game , .....

have a nice civing day
Old January 30, 2003, 17:36   #296
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
It's called the Civ2DG.
Old January 30, 2003, 18:49   #297
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

It's called the Civ2DG.
sssshhh!!!