Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Now, we gotta get to communism ASAP...

Then we gotta go out there and kick some boot-ah
Old March 17, 2002, 20:26   #272
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

what's stopping me from going democracy

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 17, 2002, 22:12   #273
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:24
Am I missing something - or am I still missing the .sav game file?

Coinich
Old March 17, 2002, 22:33   #274
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

i pmed godinex...but he hasnt beenon since early yesterday

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old March 18, 2002, 11:35   #275
godinex
Prince

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH********************TTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTT!
I miss the zip saved game! The H***lll! In 2 hours you will have it. Sorry. Civman: mejor sacame, no estoy cumpliendo... me da pena pero no favorezco al grupo.
Ah!! and Corinth fall to the greeks!
Old March 18, 2002, 14:22   #276
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

WE lost 'A CITY' to the GREEKS?!

*Dies*

Oh well, time to get some arse kicking to go on here now

And whats stopping me from going to Communism when we get it, eh?
Old March 18, 2002, 16:19   #277
godinex
Prince

At least! (Hope!)
Sorry, Im PSBT again
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ22.zip (281.6 KB, 4 views)
Old March 18, 2002, 16:23   #278
godinex
Prince

pics!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	succ222.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	11583  
Old March 18, 2002, 19:38   #279
civman2000
Emperor

where's our knight (in the screenshot)???

Old March 18, 2002, 19:44   #280
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
Must... Have.... War.... *Drools*
civman VI's grandson: Head Civver Coinich, will you please give the head of the Kurosei family his long needed mental care? He really needs to be sent to the asylum...perhaps the one right down the street from the palace in Civville...

Old March 18, 2002, 19:46   #281
civman2000
Emperor

#1 priority in new civmanton should be harbor, not temple...build up the treasury for a few turns and rushbuy, its the only way colony cities ever build things without the FP on their continent

Old March 18, 2002, 20:08   #282
civman2000
Emperor

i just looked at the game and....

WE MUST TRADE DEMOCRACY FOR MAGNETISM THEORY OF GRAVITY AND (MAYBE) NATIONALISM...ALL IN ONE TURN SO THAT THE AI DOESNT TRADE IT...WE CANNOT AFFORD TO FALL FURTHER BEHIND TECHNOLOGICALLY...

PS: i will not go democracy because we cannot afford any more anarchy...i hope kurosei will cooperate and also not go to communism if we get it...

Old March 18, 2002, 21:56   #283
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

So, we stay stuck in Republic?

I think we should go with Communism. At least in Communism, we can have wars with everybody, and not worry about the public. Not too mention, it helps with Corruption over a long distance I believe...

Alright, who is the most technologically advanced civilization? They shall feel thy steel and lead...
Old March 18, 2002, 21:58   #284
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

BTW, Democracy might be a good thing, but with the anarchy that will ensue.. and the switch over to Communism if we want to go into heavy war, well...

Not to mention, in Communism, you can only rush build using slave service.
Old March 19, 2002, 03:25   #285
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:24
Gentlemen,

Alas, all good things must come to an end. My wife is almost due with our baby and that, combined with work , graduate studies and regular family life , is going to force me to have to withdraw from this succession game . If possible, I'd like my seat kept warm for whenever I do manage to come back (if the game is still ongoing), but if not - I'd understand.

I look forward to reading about the ongoing exploits of the Civlanders. I'll be cheering you on.

I know this puts the order up in question, but I believe that, for this turn only, Rotten999 is up. Go get 'em

With regret,

Coinich
Old March 19, 2002, 09:58   #286
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Sighs* And I am up after Rotten999?
Old March 19, 2002, 10:54   #287
Rotten999
Warlord

Doesn't Sovy go first? I'd only move up if he wasn't available.
Old March 19, 2002, 14:32   #288
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Here, I'll go and take my turn now. Post up the resaults in a few hours
Old March 19, 2002, 15:07   #289
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
Can I join in?
Old March 19, 2002, 15:32   #290
godinex
Prince

I was playing for a bit long... I prefer the Republic. Low war weariness and good combiation against the corruption. If Godinex I return from the Heaven...
Old March 19, 2002, 17:35   #291
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Dunk999:

Maybe, we want to make sure the people here will be active when their turn pops up. Anyways, downloaded the file, and I am going to go play now
Old March 19, 2002, 17:39   #292
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
I'll check here every day since I do nothing at work.
Old March 19, 2002, 17:44   #293
civman2000
Emperor

sure!

Proposed order (after this round, which will end when rotten goes after kurosei):

1. civman2000
2. godinex
3. Sovy Kurosei
4. dunk999
5. steelehc (if he's not back yet for his next turn we'll just skip him)
6. Rotten999

Old March 19, 2002, 17:46   #294
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
BTW, Democracy might be a good thing, but with the anarchy that will ensue.. and the switch over to Communism if we want to go into heavy war, well...

Not to mention, in Communism, you can only rush build using slave service.
Yeah, there are advantages and disadvantages to both...but until we get a stable technological lead we can't afford the anarchy to go to either...

Old March 19, 2002, 19:39   #295
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yeah, which usually would mean to switch over to Democracy to gain that lead...

Alright, Rotten, I got us into a sticky situation. The problem began when I decided to take over Sparta again, and declaring war on the pathetic French. The Greeks and the French are of no concern now, but try to get out of the war status with those kingdoms as best as you can.

Next, the Romans have a city on South America, and one in North Scandanavia ( Thats Sweden, Norway and Finland area ). Both of those cities have Spearmen I believe. Both of those cities have a knight a turn away from them being invaded.

Make sure those cities are Civnationian within 10 years game time

Next, get a military pact against the Romans, with the Zulu's. NOT the Germans, the Zulu's. The Germans should only be called up as a VERY LAST RESORT. The Germans have the best technological lead, and are fairly well sized. We don't want the Germans any bigger.

Give the Zulu's EVERYTHING. Including, and especially gunpowder. They will need it to buy us some time while we are busy taking over the Romans.

NEXT: Turtle up in Piscae, and use your knights to try and attack Roman legionaries when their is more than, or equal to, two of them on a single square.

That way, when your victorius, your knight unit returns back into the city, so you won't leave the unit exposed.

After the Legionary offensive is destroyed ( I expect that the last bit of Legionaries will be arriving at Piscae within 2 turns. If you get the Zulu's in the fight, maybe 1 or 0 turns ) then resume your attacks against Rome. Try to take their capital. As well, upgrade your catapults at Piscae to Cannons ( Thank goodness for that Sun Tzu Art of War Wonder )

Sorry for putting you in that kinda position... I didn't calculate that the Romans would be so stocked up... *Sighs*

Oh well Just keep that Knight Production up and running well, and we should be okay.

1470 AD: The Kurosei family goes into power. After trading democracy with a few nations for a few, vital technologies, the Sovy Kurosei the VII begins to decide on who to declare war on...

The possible targets:

Rome: A weakening nation, and could easily succumb to assault. The only Nation that is currently inbetween the Civnationians, and Germany. A vital check, indeed.

China: A foe who cannot withstand a prolonged war. Would easily succumb within a few hundred years or so.

India: Much too far off, and serves no practical use to the Civnation empire at this time.

Iroquis: A challenging foe. The first target I would have picked to war against, due to so much Culture. The only reason I cannot attack these bafoons is only because we have a pond inbetween the both of us.

Germany: A nation which is quickly expanding. If Rome was not inbetween us and Germany, I would have attacked Germany simply because the Germans will become too powerful, too soon.

Japanese: A puny nation, easy to succumb. Only reason not to attack is in part due to lack of any cities in any prime locations.

Greeks: If their capital was NOT an island, they would have been wiped out while I was typing this message up.

The currently viable targets, for now, is Rome. To Rome, we will attack!

1475 AD: Troop movement orders to attack Rome begin. I began to pump our offensive capabilities by 5 fold.

1480 AD: Sparta pledges allegience to the Greeks...

I have sent a Knight to 'convince' the people of Sparta that their is no such thing as this 'Greek' culture...

1485 AD: Our knights have wandered into the town of Sparta. We were greeted by a man named Argos. He claimed he represented these so called 'Greek' People. He was beheaded moments after introducing himself. The town fell back to their rightful country. I drank some tea.

1490 AD: Final positioning of all knight units commenced. Operation 'DESTROY ROME' is in effect.

1495 AD: Pisae is the first city invaded. 2 Knight units were destroyed.

1500 AD: Suprisingly, the Romans built the Newtons University in their capital. I wonder what our next target will be... Hmmm... We have also destroyed 3 legionaries, as well as a Pikeman, and a Warrior.

1505 AD: Secondary wave of Legionaries completely destroyed! It is expected that the Romans do not possess much more offensive to continue on.

1510 AD: Our offensive is being pushed back! Currently, all knight units have 1 HP, save for a very few.

1515 AD: A total of 10 Legionaries are surronding Pisae. 2 Legionaries were destroyed, leaving 8 left.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ22.zip (286.1 KB, 3 views)
Old March 19, 2002, 22:10   #296
Rotten999
Warlord

Wow.

I was hoping I could have another "mad tyrant" reign, but I can see that would be disasterous.

It should be fun trying to extradite us from this situation...hopefully "military tradition" will be available soon.
Old March 19, 2002, 22:44   #297
civman2000
Emperor

Wiat a sec...WHAT happened with france...if you went to war with them it was quite pointless, although i understand attacking greece...one thing you couldve done instead of just attacking rome would be to ask them to take their troops out of our territroy until they declare war... ...just wait 50 more years, 50 more years...

ps: why dont we have military tradition yet...it was 9 turns when godinex left...

Old March 19, 2002, 22:48   #298
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Give the Zulu's EVERYTHING. Including, and especially gunpowder. They will need it to buy us some time while we are busy taking over the Romans.
They dont have gunpowder?? wow theyre backwards...use 1 tech to get the alliance, and sell the rest to get lots of money and sstuff!

Old March 19, 2002, 23:10   #299
civman2000
Emperor

..just looked at the game...

WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR SCIENCE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WE DO NOT NEED 50% LUXURIES, EVEN IF WE'RE RUNNING A WAR...DO 20% SCI, 30% LUX, AND WE SHOULD BE FINE (though we might need some entertainers...)

PS; germany is stockpiling war science (mil tradition and nationalism)...no one else seemed to have either, and theyre furious, so i think we might see them attack us before civman VIII (my turn after next)

Old March 20, 2002, 00:52   #300
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

If you look really carefully, you can see that some of our cities went into revolt.

With 50% Luxury's on...

*Shrugs* This game got interesting. Before, their was no challange. Now, their is a challenge