Old March 23, 2002, 10:00   #391
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
cool i'm a prince now!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 23, 2002, 11:43   #392
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
I just downloaded. I will play later today.
Old March 23, 2002, 11:45   #393
dunk
Prince

It is my turn, right?
Old March 23, 2002, 11:53   #394
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

yep

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old March 23, 2002, 14:22   #395
Journier
Warlord

funniest thing happened with the zulu's noone ever killed em
Until i came in with a military build up of about 30 tanks and 30 mech infantry "atliest" took all of rome and took the zulu's out which got me into war with iroqui's and since i was ready to take them out i had 6 tranny's ready to go.

Took out most of iroquoi's with the zulu

fun game in later ages except 1 turn takes forever to load up... like 3 minutes now..
Old March 23, 2002, 14:24   #396
Journier
Warlord

civman they dont even have to be 10 turn wars if u get ur stuff in order before u declare war u can make the war less then 3 turns.

and get the same stuff from AI.
Old March 23, 2002, 14:28   #397
Journier
Warlord

oh yea... next guy playing please change rome's build to a courthouse. that will make the city be able to build stuff.
Old March 23, 2002, 14:53   #398
Journier
Warlord

what communism does is this.

It makes ur core cities not as strong as in republic or any other government.

For this ur cities do not receive corruption from distance from the capital.

Ur core cities lose half of there production and gold income??? i think. they lose half of something. But they are still good.

Communism is more for the warring guy and a huge ass spread out empire. (cough like the one u guys have now)

So u could have another 30 cities in south america and they would be able to build stuff just as easily as one of ur core cities...

As i see it communism roxxors if u guys are going to become any larger... like taking rest of africa and building new colonies in south america.

Just my opinion though
Dont bother going democracy ever.. i was seeing how much corruption went down when i used democracy vs republic... Its not even worth it. u gain like an extra 20 gold total. gah. thats from all those cities u guys got..
Old March 23, 2002, 19:00   #399
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Journier
civman they dont even have to be 10 turn wars if u get ur stuff in order before u declare war u can make the war less then 3 turns.

and get the same stuff from AI.
what????? they don't talk to you until its been at the very least 6 or 7 turns, in my experience...how could you have a 3 turn war (unless you obliterate them in 3 turns, but that doesnt get any tech)

Old March 23, 2002, 19:03   #400
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Dont bother going democracy ever.. i was seeing how much corruption went down when i used democracy vs republic... Its not even worth it. u gain like an extra 20 gold total. gah. thats from all those cities u guys got..
I agree with you in this game, but not in most. If you have a smaller but better developed empire (good for modern warfare and late victory) democracy is wonderful...then if youre religious, you can put your settings to "wait at end of turn," then at the end of a turn go communism or monarchy (comm is probably worse for a small empire w/large cities) and destroy the world!

Last edited by civman2000; March 23, 2002 at 19:10.
Old March 23, 2002, 20:23   #401
Journier
Warlord

its not the turns its what u destroy usually 3 cities = they will talk to u.

In game i played earlier Rome and i went to peace.

2 turns later after i moved my troops into position i declared war again.

4 turns later he gave me 3 cities but no tech :/
4 turns = i grabbed 4 cities

and whats the victory condition for this game??

i was screwing around with one of ur save games and i lost cuz of the AI built the space ship...
Old March 24, 2002, 00:42   #402
dunk
Prince

Well, here's my turn...

1715... Dunk I wins the election by a landslide. He wonders if the number 999 has anything to do with it. This is also an eventful year. The Greeks and Romans ended their trade embargo against us. yay. Widespread rioting in cities, most of it is quelled without incident. The temple in Godifaraway is destroyed by rioters, however, probably due to the fact that it is, well, far away.

1720... The Roman city of Virconium is captured. In honor of the new head civver, Dunk, the city is renamed Dunkville. Civver scientists discover a phenomenon they call "electricity". Head civver Dunk is impressed at a demonstration involving touching a large metal sphere and hair standing on end.

1725... Reinforcements move toward the front with Rome.

1730... The Greeks and Romans decide to deny us trade again. The foreign advisor didn't seem surprised.

1735... The Roman city of Antium is captured.

1740... More railroad building and horsey galloping.

1745... The Roman city of Lugdunum is captured. The people of this town really seem to dislike us.

1750... The Romans capture the city of Grenoble. Head civver Dunk had to be shown where it was on the map. Another former French city in the region is garrisoned to prevent another whoopsy.

1752... The Roman city of Ravenna is captured.

1754... The Roman city of Tarentum, located north of Thebes, is destroyed. The Roman city of Byzantium is captured.

Head civver Dunk I decides to step down, citing chronic headaches from looking at the map and wondering where all the railroads are going.

The Romans have only 4 cities left on the African continent, an easy mop-up. There's about 3 or 4 in South America as well. Still, the foreign advisor screen is full of sneers.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succession.zip (299.6 KB, 3 views)
Old March 24, 2002, 01:22   #403
Journier
Warlord

god im bored LOL...

g/j
<--continue's to scour forums for something to post about arrghhh
Old March 24, 2002, 10:15   #404
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
its not the turns its what u destroy usually 3 cities = they will talk to u.

In game i played earlier Rome and i went to peace.

2 turns later after i moved my troops into position i declared war again.

4 turns later he gave me 3 cities but no tech :/
4 turns = i grabbed 4 cities

and whats the victory condition for this game??

i was screwing around with one of ur save games and i lost cuz of the AI built the space ship...
didnt know about the 3 cities thing...

all victories are on

Old March 24, 2002, 10:17   #405
civman2000
Emperor

ok...lets give steele a day and if he's still not here skip him

Old March 24, 2002, 10:28   #406
dunk
Prince

Quote:
<--continue's to scour forums for something to post about arrghhh
This is what I do at work almost all day.
Old March 24, 2002, 13:44   #407
Journier
Warlord

just started a new game on large map and again did what i said...

I found the chinese in the south and i built 2 cities then continuously pumped "war chariots" out of them... since i was egyptians...

When i went to war.. like 1500 bc i took like 3 of his six cities sued for peace then next turn took the rest.

I could be wrong about the 3 cities thing.
I think its not the amount of cities u take but what u destroy total compared to the rest of there forces?

<---all speculation
I know it has to do with destroying stuff so let it be
Old March 24, 2002, 15:16   #408
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
I think its not the amount of cities u take but what u destroy total compared to the rest of there forces?
SOunds more reasonable..

Old March 24, 2002, 16:34   #409
Rotten999
Warlord

What's the order now? This is getting confusing!
Old March 24, 2002, 17:52   #410
Journier
Warlord

Yea..whats the order? heh
Old March 24, 2002, 20:33   #411
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
sure!

Proposed order (after this round, which will end when rotten goes after kurosei):

1. civman2000
2. godinex
3. Sovy Kurosei
4. dunk999
5. steelehc (if he's not back yet for his next turn we'll just skip him)
6. Rotten999
How it is now:
1. civman2000
2. Journier
3. godinex
4. Sovy Kurosei
5. dunk999
6. steelehc
7. Rotten999

steele does not seem to be here, so let's skip him. It is Rotten's turn.

Old March 24, 2002, 20:44   #412
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Alright, back now from my little vacation!

Heheheh... Looks like we showed those Romans something, eh?

Yeah, I think we better be hopping over to Communism pretty soon...

NOTE: Pop rushing isn't THAT bad, since we have the pyramids, meaning that people reproduce about twice as fast when they get going
Old March 24, 2002, 21:50   #413
Rotten999
Warlord

Okay, I'm getting ready to start my turn.

Maybe I can free up some space on our diplomacy screen.
Old March 24, 2002, 21:56   #414
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Heheheh... I can't til we get Marines. Then we can go over, and invade that one Greek island

Who shall our next target be? The Iroquis or the Germans?

Note, the Germans have some nice wonders
Old March 24, 2002, 23:43   #415
Rotten999
Warlord

Yet another reign of war and suffering!

Rotten III is elected to counsel, despite the fact that his only previous experience was in a minor administrative capacity in Civforeston. He quickly begins earning the titles by which he will be remembered: The Bully Ruler and The Mad Ruler.

1756: Several Roman Legions, who somehow got to the edge of Civland, probably mistaken for rowdy tourists, take Knosis, suffering the loss of two legions and a warrior (!) to overwhelm the garrison. Plans set to retake this city, and erase this embarassment.

Jerusalem falls. City renamed 999 in honor of two of the former Civ rulers.

1758: Luteria falls. Two workers are captured and introduced to the growth occupation of slave laborer. In a move to strenghten the new world position, a harbor and temple are rushed in New Civmanton and Avignon.

1760: Brundisium fails after bloody fighting (two cavalry lost). Another worker is captured.

1762: Knosis is recaptured, avenging its embarassing loss.

1764: More pointless war with Rome, little result to speak of.

1766: Time to begin Rotten III's patented bullying of the weak. War is declared on Japan without provacation. They are declared "unfit to be independent" and will be conquered for their own good.

Yokohama captured. Nagoya captured. Two workers captured from Japan.

Caesarea captured. Rome has been removed from Africa! Peace still holds with Germany, a least until some weaker civ's are "settled."

1768: In keeping with the Rotten III's national policy of stepping on the necks of those on the ground, war is declared on the Zulu.

Maps traded with France.

1770: Izmo falls, as the war with Japan continues in the far north.

Intombe falls.

Bapedi falls.

Isandhluana taken, renamed to the easier to handle Civcoast. The Zulu nation is completely destroyed in two turns. Rotten III takes a page from an ancient tyrant and dubs himself "The Empire Destroyer." Whether the empire refered to is actually Civland is unclear. At least Zululand won't be a 20th century curiosity in THIS game.

1772: The cavalry finally arrives in South America. Pisae destroyed.

Forces consolidate in Civcoast, with the intention of a possible war with Germany.

Rotten III's disasterous reign ends when he chokes on his own venom. He is fondly remembered for starting pointless wars with completely harmless neighbors and for inventing the dumbwaiter.

Well, looks like Rome is finished. Before we wipe it out completely we should extort any techs they might have, then destroy them anyway. Germany could be next. Our new world hold is strenghtened by two cavalry, we should try to shore up those forces. War with Iroquis would be suicide right now, but we can certainly dominate South America. We should angle for a domination victory.

All I'm saying is give war a chance.

Old March 24, 2002, 23:46   #416
Rotten999
Warlord

The file.
Attached Files:
Old March 25, 2002, 03:32   #417
Journier
Warlord

yea...

Rotten were u talking about the game i played and talked about how the zulu's survived? lol :/

If i hadnt rebuilt the entire economy of europe and asia i coulda taken over romans
But yea get techs.

many more cities and communism might be even worse... theres always a city limiting factor before corruption (not from distance but from how many cities) begins to become bad...

Anyone know how many cities u guys have?

But i think communism will set u guys up well...
Old March 25, 2002, 03:38   #418
Journier
Warlord

heh on side note barely related...

I just played a mod game where every buildings u were able to build lowered corruption.. that game simply rocked

I wasnt scared to take over my entire continent

5 guys on my continent i had smaller portion of land then 3 of them... i took out the smaller 2 and i became super power

Then built up for 10 turns then attacked next 3 guys and took them out. Very sweet game.

It sorta shows that corruption can give u bad thoughts about this game.
When it wasnt on i was just happy as hell all my cities were able to produce something in under 10 turns gurgle.

Should be a choice when u make the game (corruption on Low, Medium, high.)

something like that.. or a simple ON-OFF thing..+
Old March 25, 2002, 10:18   #419
civman2000
Emperor

hmmm...we need to make peace w/rome asap...i assume they still won't talk to us? Also, did ANYTHING happen techwise???

Old March 25, 2002, 11:00   #420
Rotten999
Warlord

No new tech. We'll extort it with our military.

Glad you caught the refernece, Journier. They had no road network (what! they could have done THAT!) and were defending with impis in 1720. Two turns and done, just like British vs. Zulus in real life. I wonder why the Germans, with all their vaunted aggressive tendencies, never attacked them.

I'd like to see Rome completely eliminated, but I suppose peace would help our African aquisitions a lot. There are a few Roman holdings in South America we should take with the cavalry we have there.

I think that staying aggressive will be necessary.