Old February 24, 2002, 10:32   #91
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ill tell apolyton about the bug...also, would you consider inviting a couple more people to join the game?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old February 24, 2002, 10:44   #92
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

idea: zip the pics with the game...it worked before...the only reason i kept mine separate is because with them the zip was too big to upload...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old February 24, 2002, 13:52   #93
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

I think the compressing of JPG files messes up with everything, or alternate versions of Winzip messes with the JPG files in such a way to make them look corrupted.

BTW, the zip you uploaded still doesn't work for me...
Old February 24, 2002, 15:05   #94
civman2000
Emperor

hmmm...well, actually, most screenshots are unnecessary because we can just load the game and look around...only stiff like a buildup of troops outside a city that has already been taken in the save or smoething like that is needed, and there will nvere be enough of those to stop us from zipping them with the game, which seems to work...

Old February 24, 2002, 21:03   #95
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yeah, thats what I am doing right now.

Although, some people probably peek into this thread, and probably want to see some screen shots
Old February 25, 2002, 04:51   #96
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
OK, its been a couple days, but I just downloaded the .sav, and I'll hopefully have my results up tonight.

Steele
Old February 25, 2002, 06:04   #97
steelehc
Prince

Emperor Steele II assumes command of the Civvers.

150 BC
-Civ hills re-tasked to build temple
-Armed forces moved towards Zululand. Invasion plans are prepared
130 BC
-Road to Honolulu begun
-Traded world map to Germany for territory map and 7 gold
110 BC
-Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work we go....
90 BC
-Doobey-do-wah
70 BC
-Barbarians reported near Civville, no sightings as of yet
50 BC
-Spite builds spearmen regiment, tasked to build galley
30 BC
-Civmanton builds swordsmen regiment, tasked for another
10 BC
-Civburg riots! Swordsmen regiment moved in to quell disturbance
10 AD
-Happy New Millenium!!
30 AD
-Kuroseiburg attacked by barbarian raiders. Four regiments of horsemen destroyed
-WAR!! Zulu forces massing near Civopolis attacked, destroyed. 1 Impi, 1 Horse, and 2 Archer regiments destroyed, no casualties
50 AD
-Zulu Horseman regiment attacks our Horsemen, destroys one regiment
-Two Horsemen killed attacking Zimbabwe, 1 Impi killed.
70 AD
-Zimbabwe falls, we have captured the Colussus!
-Monarchy discovered, Revolution!
90 AD
-Zimbabwe fortified to defend against resistance movement
-Troops healed up for march on Ulundi
110 AD
-Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spammity Spammity Spam
130 AD
-Our Forces move towards Ulundi
150 AD
-Emperor Steele II dies of a sudden heart attack. Doctors are amazed that he managed to live for 300 years.

The army is intact, the casualties suffered in fron of Zimbabwe were not very large. The former Aztec capital in the east is planned for movement, as the location is poor. Settlement eastward would be good, to help secure a heartland and an expansion base.

Steele

PS:There are screenshots in the .zip file.
EDIT: There are not screenshots in the .zip file. For some reason, I could not get the .zip to fit within 500kb, with the pics.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (146.6 KB, 12 views)
Old February 25, 2002, 12:44   #98
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
Yeah, thats what I am doing right now.

Although, some people probably peek into this thread, and probably want to see some screen shots
They can load the game too

Old February 25, 2002, 12:47   #99
civman2000
Emperor

i should have the next ten turns up tonight or this afternoon....add the screenshots, but only those that have info that cant be seen by loading the game....then it should fit.

Old February 25, 2002, 17:04   #100
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Get a gallery, load her with Swordsmen, then go kick some Egyptian Arse! Yeehaw!
Old February 25, 2002, 18:26   #101
civman2000
Emperor

just about to start now...

Old February 25, 2002, 21:58   #102
civman2000
Emperor

Here it is:

150 AD: civman III, who had been controlling domestic affairs as steelehc II led the army, ascends to the throne. He orders an investigation of his father's death. It turns out the heart attack story was pure BS, made up by a Zulu spy who had murdered him. The spy was caught and publicly executed. The new Head Civver, who inherits the widespread revolts of the people, demanded that the babylonians teach him construction, and got it. He also issued decrees changing the name of Chokepoint to CivTurkey and Honolulu to New Coinichton. Civville's great project was also switched to the great library. He met with Mao Zedong and traded monarchy for currency and some gold. Ordering that the battle go on despite his father's, the commander's, death, 2 impis were killed in Ulundi.

170 AD: CivTurkey is rioting. The civevr forces finally take Ulundi! Peace is made as the Zulus give Civland a lot of money, slaves, and their maps (a major improvement on ours). Their last city is Bapedi, in West Africa. 1st plans are made to invade Japan.

190 AD: The Head Civver orders that all cities switch to peacetime production procedures, though because of the revolt it is not completely obeyed.

210 AD: The leader of the army that conquered Ulundi joins the revolt, supporting the "Monarchy" faction. This forces civman to accept their demands, limiting his own powers. With order restored, sweeping changes spread throughout civland, including an increased sponsorship of scholars (higher science rate).

230 AD: Civ in the Hills finishes training a spearman regiment, and is ordered to build a temple. The same occurs in Civ Foreston. THe Head Civver, with his throne now secure and the war over, establishes embassies in Egypt, Rome, and Babylon. Critics say the one in Egypt is to spy to prepare for an invasion, but they are executed .

250 AD: Tlatelolco begins construction of a temple.

260 AD: The Civ army is coming together in Spite, as the Galley nears completion....

270 AD: The Head Civver, tired of waiting, orders workers to be payed extra to finish the galleys immediately, under the threat of death if they dont ...

280 AD: The critics were right! Civland forces flood into Egypt, though there is no combat. Also, a settler is completed in civmanton and a new temple begun. The Head Civver also orders that a portion of the treasury is diverted to the nobles, to be spent on luxury items.

290 AD: Cleopatra demands that the Civ army be removed from Egypt or dismantled. civman III refuses, and Cleopatra declares war! Her spies instantly go into action, and assasinate the Head Civver. The army is left to be commanded by his 7 year old regent and nephew, Head Civver Sovy Kurosei III
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ9.zip (182.1 KB, 2 views)

Old February 26, 2002, 01:53   #103
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

ACTIVATE THE EMPIRE DESTROYER PROTOCOL!

Protocol obeyed... Activating now...

Protocol listing: Destruction of all enemies of the state. Line of bloodage preferred, the Kurosei clan.

Current blood lineage is Syn Kurosei.

Messenger sent to Syn Kurosei.

Syn Kurosei Ascends Throne...

BRB, while I go kick some Egyptian Arse...

Wish me luck!
Old February 26, 2002, 10:26   #104
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

290 AD - The battle between Egypt and Civnation take place! The swordsmen against the Spearmen, and a devastating defeat for the Spearmen ensues! The next match up is between the archer and the Spearmen. It was *** for tat, until the Archer scored the final hit on its last bit of HP that defeated the infidelic Egyptians, wiping them off the map forever! Civnation and all of its leaders cheer at the succumbnation of the Egyptians!

300 AD - Terrible news! The evil Greecians have completed the Pyramids, which is really our sole right is ment to be attended to. They are vile insects, and will be punished for their cultural war against us! The Civnation war machine switches to full output of Swordsmen. It is proven in the past that war to get what we want is too dang easy.

310 AD - Much movement around our country as soldiers bear arms and approach the unhonourable Japanese. They shall feel our wrath for thinking they are our equals!

320 AD - Preparations for the invasion of Japan are nearing completion. The few spearmen for our cities is now completed.

330 AD - By the gods! We have invaded Japan, and have taken one of their puny cities with just ONE horsemen! The Japanese are complete Pushovers, and rightfully so, as we are the superior ones!

340 AD - More proof that the foolish Japanese do not deserve their own nation, as we have defeated one of their archers, positioned on a mountain! We continue our advance onto the Japanese Cities

350 AD - Foolish Japanese, they try to blockade our advance with a single archer! They shall not go unpunished.

360 AD - We approach the outside of Tokyo. That city shall be ours when the dust settles! As well as Osaka, which is in our battle sites as of now!

370 AD - We are truly the chosen ones! We have suffered no casualties at the underdefended Tokyo, when our archer defeated their primitive Spearmen, and needed only 1 swordsmen to defeat the forces at Osaka! The Japanese ruler refuses to sign any peace accord, and our forces continue on their march against the Japanese!

380 AD - Hopping crickets! The Japanese finally succumbed to our demands! We have got the technologies of Monotheism, and The Republic! As for bonus points, we have convinced the Japanese that it is either their capital Tokyo, or one of their smaller, fringe cities to be under our control. They have taken the better of the two choices for themselves. Furthermore, the city of Szilith is formed in the North East end of our empire.

FACT: The Egyptian Empire is destroyed, and the Japanese Empire is Crippled.

No Civnation units were killed in the playing of this game, although minor injuries were found

BTW, can somebody finish the Japanese off for me please? Forces are heading for their capital as we speak. And lets focus on the Persians next, they look weak and helpless! And a good thing we checked the Japanese expansion, guys. Otherwise, we would had to smack more cities, and since it would be out in the fringes, they would most likely have gotten a razing.

And out of boredom, I done this...

What Really Happened: The Egyptians, the Japanese, the Civnationians, and Persians, all had a friendly game of sports one day. It was called the Olymipcs. Civnation placed first in all events, followed by the Persians, and since the Egyptians and Japanese both got even scores, and are infidels, we placed them both in 4th

The egyptians complained, so we gave them the index finger, but oh, no, oh. They got mad and stamped their feet, so we stopped all trade, and sent out our water pirates to pillage their foods and stocks, rewarding to the ones who completed the galley. We invaded, the Egyptians complained, and well... We accidently took their land, heh...

What it says in the Civnation Textbooks: The Egyptians made barbaric threats, and were building a mighty army and navy after their defeat at the Civnation/Persian Olympics. The Egyptians demanded that we become one of their offseas colonies, saying that they are the superiors and we were the inferiors. The Egyptian invasion took place against our shores of Normandy, but our forces, although numbered 100:1, defeated the Egyptians invasion force. Our retaliation then was to build several galleries, and we stormed the Egyptian coast. Their forces on their mighty island numbered our forces on their land at least 700:1. But we our forces were slightly bit more experienced due to the Zulu/Civnation war. The forces of the Egyptians were wandering out in the countryside, looking for a fight, but we gave them one at their highly undefended capital. After a quick, but victorius battle on our side, we have finally destroyed the nearly invinciable Egyptians and their foolhardy quest to take the Civnation.

Hehehe... Coinich, wanna do one for the Japs?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (189.4 KB, 14 views)
Old February 26, 2002, 13:24   #105
civman2000
Emperor

wow you were bored!

Old February 26, 2002, 17:40   #106
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

I am starting to see a pattern here...

When you want a war, who do you call?!
Old February 26, 2002, 17:52   #107
civman2000
Emperor

yeah...we need to focus on some peaceful expansion and domestic improvement...our cities have approximately no improvements....also, we need to catch up on science (I have not looked at the file yet but i assume were still a bit behind...)........republic might be a nice idea....

Old February 26, 2002, 18:15   #108
steelehc
Prince

Quote:
When you want a war, who do you call?!
Ghostbusters!!!

Steele
Old February 26, 2002, 18:20   #109
civman2000
Emperor

LOL

Old February 26, 2002, 22:23   #110
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Republic? Lets go for communism, and take out the Greeks at least... They got the Pyramids... Remember that, free granary in every city on the continent.
Old February 26, 2002, 22:46   #111
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
Well gentlemen, I'm up to bat. If it's infrastructure and peaceful expansion you want, I'm probably the best guy for that. I am not the best warmongering type (but I'm NOT a wimp) , so I'll probably do just that for my next set. I'll take a good hard look at the Japanese however, so as not to leave any unfinished business You have been warned about my style of play And afterall, forewarned is forearmed.

Coinich
Old February 27, 2002, 01:14   #112
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Eh? War mongering is meh business. The family business. And you are all my family. We take care of the family, eh? So taking care of the family for me is taking care of others countries for them... Under our rule
Old February 27, 2002, 04:51   #113
Coinich
Chieftain

OK - a rather poor showing this time, but here it is:

380AD: Coinich III assumes the mantle of power in Civland. Moved troops and workers to perform duties for the empire. Asked the Greek archer, who was sauntering through our territory, to leave.

390 AD: Attacked the Japanese city of Kyoto. Heavy losses in archers. Once again asked Greece to remove their troops from our territory. Started working on Chivalry (don't remember the advance we got )

400 AD: Moved troops. Fended off an attack by a Japanese archer.

410AD: Attacked Kyoto again. Sustained heavy losses. Traded maps with Germany.

420AD: Moved troops. Reassigned production in some cities which were being strangled by wartime production. Babylonians contacted us and wanted alliance vs. Greeks (they had just declared war against the Greeks - so I could see where that was headed. We had troops fully involved in Japan. I didn't want a two-front war at this time). Indian city of Bombay completes the Great Library.

430AD: Switched production in Civville to Sun Tzu's Academy. Started work on the Hanging Gardens in Kuroseiburg, which we will need if we continue wartime efforts.

440AD: Continued attacks against Kyoto. We are sustaining unrealistic losses.

450AD: Continuing attacks against Kyoto. It is clear that my computer hates me and my troops are suffering. It is unbelievable how one spearman can defeat 8+ units.

460AD: Finally captured Kyoto after far too many losses. Totally unreasonable if you ask me.

470AD: Began diverting troops toward Edo to finish off the Japanese. Once again a Greek unit is within sovereign Civlander territory. They have been asked to leave.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (202.8 KB, 14 views)
Old February 27, 2002, 04:57   #114
Coinich
Chieftain

OK Gents, I'm gonna try to post my images to the website. I hope it works.

Western Civlandia

Eastern Civlandia

Southern Territories

Let me know if this kills entirely too much bandwidth and I'll see what I can do.

Coinich
Old February 27, 2002, 13:49   #115
civman2000
Emperor

very nice.....use swordsmen, NOT archers next time...build them up and then mass attack...and if you like cheating, save before every attack

Old February 27, 2002, 14:37   #116
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

I hope you didn't attack that spearman when you were on the opposite side of the river.

The only viable attack position is to the North West square, behind all those rivers.

If you attacked with a river between you and your target, you suffered a loss of 1 point of attack power ( Archer would be a 1.1.1 instead of a 2.1.1 )
Old February 27, 2002, 15:28   #117
Coinich
Chieftain

Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Yep - sure enough - I attacked over the river. Well, perhaps I'm not the great military conquering hero I thought I was
Old February 27, 2002, 16:41   #118
steelehc
Prince

It looks like I'm up once again. I'll try to run over as many Japanese cities as possible, and be done by this evening.

Steele
Old February 27, 2002, 17:41   #119
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Actually, Kyoto, now that it is under our control, she is pretty defendable with all those rivers around it.

All Steelehc has to do is to take over the final Japanese city
Old February 27, 2002, 17:55   #120
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Eyes Persia frome a distance, a smirk on his face *