Old February 27, 2002, 17:57   #121
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 14:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
BTW, does the computer rate how aggressive you are?

I wonder why nobody likes us in the foriegn advisor screen
Old February 27, 2002, 17:59   #122
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Wait, wait, WAIT!

A japanese city eastward of Szilith

C'mon Steelehc! Take out them Japs! Free up more space on the Foreign Advisor screen!
Old February 27, 2002, 18:52   #123
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

no...i see two cities left...dont forget the colony city in the north!

oops, didnt see your second post

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old February 27, 2002, 18:57   #124
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
BTW, does the computer rate how aggressive you are?

I wonder why nobody likes us in the foriegn advisor screen
No, just how often you break treaties...every time we declare war we're breaking one

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old February 27, 2002, 18:58   #125
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

I am getting a bit worried with the romans though.

I played a few turns in the game that Coinich uploaded, and they are sprawling inbetween our terriotory... Rather awkward...
Old February 28, 2002, 17:29   #126
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Sorry about the delay, I've been pretty busy the last couple days. I'll try to have my turns and the .sav up by tonight.

Steele
Old February 28, 2002, 19:50   #127
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

LOL, a Forbidden palace in Tokyo would do pretty good right now for us!

What happens if we get a great leader? Should we use him to rush build a Forbidden Palace?

Heh... I wonder what would happen if we ran out of people to goto war with
Old February 28, 2002, 20:37   #128
civman2000
Emperor

On the forbidden palace, definitely yes...no problem, steelehc, i gonna be real busy this weekend so my 10 turns (not the ones just coming after you now, but my next 10) might take 12 hours more than would be hoped for...no big deal

Old March 1, 2002, 20:38   #129
steelehc
Prince

480 AD
-Steele III assumes command of Civland's glorious armies.
-Shuffles around miltary units, towards Edo and Nara, only two remaining Japanese cities.
490 AD
-Civville switched from Art Of War to Hanging Gardens, Kuroseiburg switched to Hanging Gardens, this should allows us to get one soon, to help with unhappiness.
500 AD
-Doobey do wah
510 AD
-Civville builds Hanging Gardens, Civland enters Golden Age!!!!
-Civvile tasked to construct Aqueduct, so as to continue growing.
520 AD
-First Edo Spearman unit destroyed, no friendly casualties.
530 AD
-Chinese build Great Wall, Germans build Great Lighthouse.
-Edo falls to our unstoppable armies.
-Army diverted northwest towards Nara, last remaining Japanese stronghold.
540 AD
-Galley off Africa attacked by Barbarians, emerges victorious.
-Chivalry discovered, sages instructed to study "engineering."
550 AD
-Row, row, row your boat...
560 AD
-Our first swordsman regiment arrives outside Nara, finds it unoccupied!
570 AD
-Nara attacked, captured, the Japanese are destroyed. The Japanese should be destroyed. But they aren't. They must have another city somewhere. AAAGgGGHNHHHDDDJJAAS.

Steele III dies of anger poisoning. His last words: "Find them Japanese, and killem dead."

Steele
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (179.0 KB, 3 views)
Old March 1, 2002, 20:41   #130
steelehc
Prince

Now that we have Chivalry, we can build knights, I don't think anyone can adequatly defend against those until musketmen, which we should get first.

To my successor, you have seven swordsmen and a couple horsies running around on the eastern border. Persia looks fairly weak, and is close to our borders.

Steele
Old March 1, 2002, 23:22   #131
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Dang Japs... WHY WON'T YOU DIE!
Old March 2, 2002, 09:55   #132
civman2000
Emperor

It's a quirk of the game that happen on every level except chieftain and (?maybe) warlord. When someone is killed, it gives them 1 or 2 free cities...happened with the Zulus, Chinese, Babylonians, Aztecs, and now the Japanese...i wonder why it didnt happen with the egyptians though

PS: I will NOT start a war, thank you very much. Golden ages are meant for city improvement....And I can probably get a WHOLE lot out of the japs for peace...

Old March 2, 2002, 09:57   #133
civman2000
Emperor

It also happens with barbarians...practicalyy as soon as you destroy a village, a new one appears of the same type (Goths, BUrgundians, etc) nearby...

Old March 2, 2002, 09:59   #134
civman2000
Emperor

If I havent posted again by noon tomorrow, skip my turn, I'll take it after Sovy Kurosei..I'm really really busy this weekend, and I have 5 relatives staying in my house...

Old March 2, 2002, 15:22   #135
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Alright. Dang Japs though... Hmmm... Can't believe we got our Golden Age
Old March 2, 2002, 19:08   #136
civman2000
Emperor

Here it is:

570 AD: Head Civver civman IV ascends to the throne. He announces his twin goals of peace and domestic development, and immediately begins both. Peace is made with the Japs for their map, worker, and all of their gold. Their city, Nagoya, is North of Szilith and Nara. Throughout Civland, production projects are turned to domestic improvement rather than war, including Civ Foreston, which is made a worker factory . Also, embassies are established in Japan, Persia, and China.

580 AD: An Aqueduct is completed in Civville, and a library begun, among many other minor events.

590 AD: The Head Civver continues to de-automate workers and personally command their actions .

600 AD: COntinuing maintenance of the nation, controlling workers and production...

610 AD: Engineering is discovered, and the Civ sages are ordered to do some religious research...they are baffled by this contradiction . Also, there is some civil unrest in Civ's Edge.

620 AD: Harbor constructed in Thebes! ALthough to mainland harbor in Spite is not yet complete, we can send goods to Thebes through Roman ports.

630 AD: Civlanders celebrate in the streets of Civville! The Head Civver is baffled as to why but happily allows them to continue .

640 AD: Partying continues in the capital!

650 AD: The first libraries of Civland are built in Civville and Steelehcville! Their produictions are changed to marketplace and courthouse, respectively. Science rate goes down but time for discoveries does not, while our income per turn goes up 900%!!!

660 AD: Theology discoved ! Oracle obselete ! More libraries built ! Traded Iron, 37 gold to china for incense and a Right of Passage agreement.

670 AD: The Head Civver dies of a mysterious illness while touring Japan and its floodplains. As he dies, his son who will soon be Head Civver Sovy Kurosei IV rushes to his side. The dying ruler tells his son to build up money and upgrade the spearmen of Civland to pikemen, and to expand north into Scandinavia. Also, knowing his son's love of the army, he warns against attacking Persia until the domestic development is more or less completed...
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ13.zip (219.9 KB, 1 views)

Old March 2, 2002, 20:28   #137
steelehc
Prince

Hehehe...

Remember: "Find them Japanese, and killem dead." Just kidding, run it however you want. I'm sure the Japanese will fall eventually whatever happens.

Steele
Old March 2, 2002, 21:04   #138
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

I'll see if I can get the game going tonight...

Heheh, I dunno if I can make a guarentee if the Persians will still be around when I am done my turn though
Old March 3, 2002, 00:32   #139
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

670 AD: Sovy Kurosei the IV steps into power. He opposes his fathers wishes, and positions the Swordsmen around most of the Persian Major Industrial and Residential Centers. He changes the science rate around slightly to accomodate a Gold Coin Boost.

680 AD: Foolish Persians shall feel our wrath... The Upgrades for 6 Spearmen is complete. We have upgraded the spearmen to Pikemen.

690 AD: Final Preparations are made for the destruction of the Persian Empire. Do to the Economy being in peace time, gathering soldiers seem to be more difficult this time around. Whenever a member of the Kurosei Family gets put into power, a victorius war for Civnation is not that far away...

700 AD: The attack begun! Our horseman attacked Pasargardae, but failed to take it!

710 AD: Our warriors are strong! We have taken 3 Persian Cities, and our swordsmen are about to take their capital! Thanks to our soldiers at Susa, we have cut off the Persians ability to mass produce their Immortals!

720 AD: We have shut down several resistences against the cities we are opposed to, and have destroyed most of the defenses at the Persian Capital

730 AD: After several attempts to take the Persian Capital, we have destroyed their defenses. The loss was great, but the Persian Morale is down.

740 AD: Final troop placements across the now controlled Civnation Cities. We have finally attained our first place as the worlds largest nation.

750 AD: Soldiers positioning outside of Antioch.

760 AD: More soldiers being put outside of Antioch. Swordsmen finds that Tarsus is left undefended

770 AD: Antioch Falls. The Persian Emperor submits the last of his cities, minus his capital of course. Upon celebration of the defeat against the Persian Empire, Sovy Kurosei the IV goes out to get drunk. Sovy Kurosei the IV has died of alcohol poisoning, and the last words he gave to his replacement, Coinich the IV, was...

"Go forth, my son. The empire is in your hands, and the Pink Elephants are stepping on me. It hurts..."

BTW, the Greeks do NOT have the Iron Strategic Resource, and I don't think Greece would bother trading with the Persians, before we rampaged them

The Romans have a city to the North of Thebes sadly... Guess we'll have to take out Rome through Culture or something one day... Hehehe!

Oh, yeah, I believe this will be my last 'conquest started and done within my turn' thing. BTW, I switched our production a war economy for our more developed cities, and began producing Knights. The Greeks aren't that far away now, and we can probably snag a few cities

But the problem we might have is with Civs Edge... The Greeks are at Civ's Edge, and they might not survive if we don't give the city some more defensive units
Old March 3, 2002, 00:37   #140
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Oh, yeah, engaging Greece at this time is ill-advised... We have to restablish our economy, and build plenty of war units...

Forgot the Save file, so here it is!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (223.1 KB, 3 views)
Old March 3, 2002, 00:40   #141
civman2000
Emperor

771 AD: The Civland priests discover that the poison was placed by the ghost of civman IV, who has returned with an ominous message: "Kuroseiburg will lose its name and 'Kurosei' will become infamous in the time of my namesake!!!"

When asked why he didn't just chose someone else to be his heir, he refused to comment.

Old March 3, 2002, 00:46   #142
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovy Kurosei:
Whenever a member of the Kurosei Family gets put into power, a victorius war for Civnation is not that far away...
An in-depth CBS (Civland Broadcasting Station) interview reveals to ghost's secret plan to avoid the revival of Kurosei power: A mysterious "thing" referred to only as "republic"

Old March 3, 2002, 00:51   #143
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
The Romans have a city to the North of Thebes sadly... Guess we'll have to take out Rome through Culture or something one day... Hehehe!
That would be a whole lot easier if somebody hadnt switched from peaceful production of temples and libraries to pointless, degenerative wars...

Old March 3, 2002, 00:54   #144
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
It's amazing how they coordinate their lihgtbulbs so perfectly!

Old March 4, 2002, 18:51   #145
civman2000
Emperor

uhhh...coinich, you there?

Old March 4, 2002, 19:51   #146
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
Aloha all,

Sorry for the delay. It appeared the site was down for a long while so I didn't get the .sav file until this morning, now I'm at work! Can't play at work. Will do my best to get to it this evening.

Coinich
Old March 4, 2002, 20:17   #147
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Nnnnooooooooooooooooo.......!!!

Not... *Gasp!* The REPUBLIC!

Anything but the REPUBLIC!

*Screams and makes a bunch of noises*

Oh my... At least he didn't threaten me with... DEMOCRACY!
Old March 5, 2002, 04:49   #148
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
In 770 A.D. Coinich IV ascends to the throne of the great and vast Civlander Empire to begin his divinely ordained reign of 100 years His reign is rather uneventful.

770: Continued with the current policies of city fortification and reinforcement; continuing seagoing exploration and infrastructure improvement. Our sages discover Invention , Gunpowder is ordered next.

780: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure.

790: Much of the same. We are losing money to the point of the Central Bank of Civland being broke. Coinich IV orders the luxuries of the citizens cut back. This doesn't bode well for future happiness - which will require strict monitoring; however, he feels this move is better than sacraficing more than 10 turns per discovery in the sciences.

800: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure.

810: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure.

820: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure. Osaka goes into civil disorder. Entertainers are ordered to perform twice nightly - this quells the unrest. Side note: The Greeks have destroyed the Babylonians

830: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure. Side note: As Knight units are being produced, I have been sending them to the outer frontier cities so as to be able to allow them to respond quickly to any issues with our foreign neighbors

840: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure. Exchanged territorial maps with the Romans. Civ's Edge goes into civil disorder - entertainers are ordered in, they quell the violence.

850: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure.

860: Continued fortifying, reinforcement, exploration and infrastructure.

870 A.D. Turn over to my rightfully appointed successor

Note: Wonder production is as follows:
1. Sun Tzu's: Kuroseiburg - 8 turns
2. Sistine Chapel: Civmanton - 113 turns
3. Leonardos: Civ Hills - 81 turns

At peace with all races. Keeping an eye on Roman movements.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (234.8 KB, 3 views)
Old March 5, 2002, 13:11   #149
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Make sure that Sun Tzu is built! It will greatly increase our firepower against the enemy, as well as making it possible to upgrade in every city connected by a harbour or road!

Good job on putting units on the fringe cities
Old March 5, 2002, 13:44   #150
civman2000
Emperor

871 AD: The ghost of civman IV returns with a new prophesy: "The Japanese, Aztecs and the Zulus will support the great, friendly Head Civver, and the aristocracy and Kuroseis will oppose him. A great civil war shall ensue, and the forces of equality shall prevail. civman V will be hailed in the history books as the idealist that people thought was working for his own self-interest, and Sovy Kurosei IV shall be known as the Cruel Tyrant."