Local Date: October 31, 2010
I want to try
Old March 5, 2002, 18:58   #152
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 14:23
*pokes Coinich and Steelehc*

Gotta get to get the Communism Advance ASAP!

*Smiles innocently*

Godinex, not too sure if we can or not... depends on civman and the others I guess. I don't really care.
Old March 5, 2002, 19:06   #153
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Sure, you can join...right after me, so that republic has a few turns before kurosei's return

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 5, 2002, 19:08   #154
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

New order:
1. civman2000
2. godinex
3. Sovy Kurosei ( )
4. Coinich
5. steelehc

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old March 6, 2002, 00:07   #155
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

And what exactly is wrong with my leadership :P
Old March 6, 2002, 00:13   #156
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Republic? Oh well, at least we'll get better military units sooner then we would have with Monarchy.

Welcome to our ruling council, Godinex.

I'll hopefully have my next reign by tomorrow evening. I am rather busy these days.

Sovy: Nothing's wrong with your leadership. War is fun. Except in a republic.

Steele
Old March 6, 2002, 01:26   #157
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
Godinex - welcome to the ruling council

Coinich
Old March 6, 2002, 09:50   #158
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Yup, war is fun, especially if you win that war

Ya know, we were the second largest nation before we went to war, and I which then we reattained that number 1 spot. And I think the Germans are trailing not so far behind us... And they are pretty much out of land for expansion...

Ten bucks says that the Germans are either out to get the romans, or us... Either way, I am thankful we have that Roman check for us...
Old March 6, 2002, 10:01   #159
civman2000
Emperor

yeah...awhile ago i played another game on this map...i was in europe then too. THe zulu position civ attacked me...I wonder why they didnt attack the egypt position first... ...ps: cultural victory is my favorite type!

Old March 6, 2002, 10:04   #160
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovy Kurosei
Yup, war is fun, especially if you win that war
It is, but you cant always be at war. War is absolutely necessary, especially on a huge map, but you have to have SOME time for domestic development in every game...time to recover from wars.

Old March 7, 2002, 00:03   #161
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Conquest or Domination is my favorite victory type

War... What is it good for? Getting strategic Resources!
Old March 7, 2002, 00:05   #162
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Quote:
It is, but you cant always be at war. War is absolutely necessary, especially on a huge map, but you have to have SOME time for domestic development in every game
Yes you can, you can always be at war. You shouldn't worry about war on a huge or gigantic map though. Standard maps, you need wars
Old March 7, 2002, 04:57   #163
steelehc
Prince

870 AD
-Steele V assumes power in the republic of Civnation.
880 AD
-Civ City riots, entertainers moved in.
890 AD
-Doobey-do-wah
900 AD
-Happy new century. 9th Century Fox changes its name to 10th Century Fox.
910 AD
-Bad-oh-bad-e-bee-dee
920 AD
-BOOOOMM!!! Gunpowder. Finally those fireworks have an excuse to be exploding.
930 AD
-Scat-oh-pop-an-diddleyop
940 AD
-Elvis has left the building.
950 AD
-Kuroseiburg builds Art of War. Now our armies will all be well trained. Fitting city to be built in as well. City tasked to build Leonardo's Workshop, Civ Hills changes production to Courthouse.
960 AD
-Na na na na na na na na Batman!!!
970 AD
-Steele V dies of boredom. This short 100-year reign has been the most boring of any member of his dynasty.
Old March 7, 2002, 05:00   #164
steelehc
Prince

Forgot my comments and the .sav.

This was boring. We need to get back to war ASAP. The Romans, Chinese, everyone else and their brother is building cities on our Northern frontier. These will probably be poorly defended, and almost impossible for the enemy to reinforce. I switched the wonder around because it wouldn't take as long in Kuroseiburg.

I hope you like my nonsense comments.

Steele
Old March 7, 2002, 05:01   #165
steelehc
Prince

Dammit. I forgot the .sav again. I'm a fool.

Here it is.

Steele
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civsuccession.zip (201.5 KB, 1 views)
Old March 7, 2002, 13:15   #166
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:

Yes you can, you can always be at war. You shouldn't worry about war on a huge or gigantic map though. Standard maps, you need wars
HUH? On huge you need to knock out a few guys or its too crowded...no problemon standard thoug...

Old March 7, 2002, 13:18   #167
civman2000
Emperor

971: The ghost of civman IV returns one last time:

"This afternoon, my prophesies will come true and steelehc shall be punished for defending the name of Kuroei with a wonder."

PS: Quite fitting, though, to have the art of war in kuroseiburg. I'm almost regretting Ill have to rename it

Old March 7, 2002, 14:21   #168
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Do it, and you die
Old March 7, 2002, 14:23   #169
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Do NOT pick a fight with the Romans! We need them to keep a check on the advancing Germans. If anybody needs a fight, pick the Babylonians with their pyramids.
Old March 7, 2002, 17:42   #170
civman2000
Emperor

uhhh...werent the bab's conquered by greece in coinich iv's reign??

ps: that was only steele's 4th turn, he should have called himself steele IV!!!

Old March 7, 2002, 19:20   #171
Coinich
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:23
Yep - Babs are now Greek citizens
Old March 7, 2002, 19:35   #172
civman2000
Emperor

971-4 AD: After steelehc IV's death, there is a major conflict for succession. In 972, a member of the royal family calling himslef civman V gains control of Civville and holds a coronation ceremony. In early 973, He gives a speech renaming Kuroseiburg Peking and promising a "government of the people, a 'republic.'" Later that year, his rivals for the still-disputed throne unite with the aristocracy and Kurosei family against civman, using a member of the Kurosei family as their figurehead Head Civver. Nearly all minority groups and the COinich branch of the royal family counter by backing civman. On January 18, 974, civman's 28th birthday, the opposition launches a surprise attack on many of his holdings, bringing the conflict into a full-scale civil war. Later that year, attempting to obtain foreign support, civman makes the following deals:
WIth China:
Gunpowder for Education, 28 gold. World map, wines, 57 gold for world map.
With India:
Gunpowder for Astronomy, 21 gold, territory map, 3 gold per turn.
He also orders many production changes in the cities he controls, notably Civville, which began Copernicus's Observatory.

980 AD: Widespread rioting as the result of the civil war. Roman, German military expelled by civman.

990 AD: Most of the rioting quiets down a bit. The next few decades are the roughest part of the civil war, as foreign contact is at a minimum and no progress is made on many pressing domestic issues.

1021-7 AD: The civil war ends, as civman's armies defeat the KUrosei forces at Civ Hills City and Civburg, two of their main bastions. The republic government is put into place,and representatives from the provinces flood into Civville. civman is almsot unanimously elected by the new legislative body to remain Head Civver civman V for the rest of his life (not all Head Civvers are elected for life, but this was a special case ). An embassy is built in Athens, which reports that the city is about to complete the Sistine Chapel!!

1030 AD: The ROmans build Seleucia in the North (Estonia)!!!!!!!

1040 AD: Settler brigade sent off from Peking.

1052 AD: Athens builds the Sistine Chapel. As a result of this monumentous achievement, SUsa revolts to join Greece. THe legislature, despite civman's warnings to be peaceful, threatens Greece with war. In response, Greece does not accept Susa and helps us quell the rebellion.

1061 AD: Berlin builds Copernicus's Observatory! Civville switches production to Leo's Workshop. AN embassy is constructed in Zululand.

1070 AD: An Embassy is built in Delhi.

January 18, 1071: The aging Head Civver civman V dies on his 125th birthday. The republic has brought godinex, born the son of a merchant of Aztec and Persian descent in Tlatelolco, to power, though maybe not for life... The legislature gives the following advice to the new Head Civver:

BUild Musketmen in all cities after finishing their next project.
COntinue working on Palace in Civburg until we can build another wonder.
Expand (peacefully)!!!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip succ17.zip (240.1 KB, 3 views)

Old March 7, 2002, 21:24   #173
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

What the heck is with Civman and peace :|

And why are YOU giving me a hard time?
Old March 7, 2002, 22:06   #174
steelehc
Prince

Kurosei: Relax. He's just setting the stage for a Communist takeover of Civnation, and having the world plunged into worldwide conflict.

EDIT: I kinda messed up with my counting. 1+1+1+1=5?

Steele

Last edited by steelehc; March 7, 2002 at 22:13.
Old March 7, 2002, 22:40   #175
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
And why are YOU giving me a hard time?
WHo?

PS: 100 gold says Rome or Greece attacks us before its my turn again, provoked (by Kurosei )or unprovoked

Old March 8, 2002, 05:00   #176
steelehc
Prince

You're on. 100 Gold, world map, and iron working.

Steele
Old March 8, 2002, 14:26   #177
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Bah, nevermind. I'll just wait til we get to Communism before I start tagging bodies and writing down names.
Old March 9, 2002, 12:40   #178
civman2000
Emperor

godinex...you there???

Old March 9, 2002, 20:35   #179
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Uh Oh... Where is Godinex?
Old March 9, 2002, 20:44   #180
civman2000
Emperor

I'll PM him