Old February 10, 2002, 02:22   #1
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 15:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What mods should I get?
Hello everyone,

After a 6 month vacation from CTP2, I'm back. I decided to have Civ3 and CTP2 both on my computer because they both have their advantages.

Anyways, there seems to be several mod choices for CTP2 and I was wondering which one is the best, or if there is even a best. Perhaps I should get all of them? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old February 10, 2002, 07:40   #2
kaan
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 20:24
i would suggest that you get modswapper to start with since all the major mods rely on this.
the Apolyton pack is a good mod if you like the premade tech tree and units bacause it mostly fixes bugs and errors in the original setup.
I would like to suggest that you try MedMod for its formidable balanced tech tree/units setup.
Cradle is a must try not only for its many changes to the basic rules but also to get the latest and best in AI tuning.
These are the major mods availeble, aside from that there are a lot of smaller mods designed with a specific purpose, i will only mention goodmod here as it is exelent but you should go "shopping" for the small ones as you prefer.
I hope this gives you a hint of what to get.

klaus
Old February 10, 2002, 14:26   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 22:24
Quote:
Originally posted by kaan
i will only mention goodmod here as it is exelent but you should go "shopping" for the small ones as you prefer.
Yeah GoodMod is a great add on for ApolytonPack or MedPack2, if you have already Cradle you only need to download the huge GoodMod textfile update and of course ApolytonPack or MedPack.

I can give you another hint, just read one of the topped threats in this forum.

-Martin
Old February 11, 2002, 16:04   #4
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 13:24
Don't forget to read Lucutus's mod comparision thread at the top of the thread list. It does a great job of comparing the relative advantages and disadvantages of each mod.