Old February 10, 2002, 10:24   #1
burningrave101
Settler

Local Time: 20:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New Civilizations
could some of you please tell me what new civilizations there are for download and where i can get them??? I saw the Spanish which is ok but it needs a new special military unit other than making a copy of something else, and i got Denmark which i like for just the reason all you have to do is execute the program instead of having to change around 35 files in order to get the new civ. So are there any more good ones out there??? And also i can't get the Denmark Civ to work, i ran the .exe file into the civilization 3 directory and everything but denmark doesn't show up on the menu to choose from so maybe it doesn't work with 1.16f patch. anyone know?

Last edited by burningrave101; February 10, 2002 at 10:49.
Old February 10, 2002, 10:50   #2
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 21:25
A whole bunch of other Civilizations can be found in the "Civilizations" forum. Make sure you look up not only the first page. Whether they are "good" or "bad" is a question of personal taste, check it yourself!

EDIT: Ah yes: Look in their README (or similar) files, how to start them. Some may be made as "Scenarios" (better: Mods), and you have to copy them in your Scenarios folder and start a new scenario.
Old February 10, 2002, 12:50   #3
burningrave101
Settler

Local Time: 20:25
dude i haven't found any civ's to download on the "civilization" forum pages only those three or four in the files one and i got the denmark one to work but i wish they would just start adding a bunch of civ's to the game and not take away any but just get tons to choose from with lots of new units and expand the world map alot larger for added civs and the game would be even more awesome.
Old February 10, 2002, 13:02   #4
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 13:25
They are not availible for download in the Civ3-civilizations forum per say but there is a complete list of all the civs that have been added. If you want to download anyone of them then just go to the download page here at apolyton.
Old February 10, 2002, 13:41   #5
MonsterMan
Warlord

Local Time: 21:25
Gramphos is testing the possibility of adding more civs without replacing older ones. Check out his thread "Civ3MultiTool" in the Files forum.