Old February 11, 2002, 01:14   #1
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anybody have this happen?
I was just playing a new game and I noticed that I was having to devote a lot of time adjusting my spending priorities. While watching the rates, I noticed that every turn my science spending was resetting itself. It's very early in the game and each turn I would turn my science down to 10%. And every turn after that, the game would reset it to 40%. I did this for at least 10 turns and the same thing happened each time. Does anyone have an explanation for this, or have I just encountered yet another bug? It's bloody annoying whatever is causing it.

It's my damn mod! I tried running the original Bic file and the problem didn't appear, but reappeared as soon as I switched back again. And there's no way I want to start from scratch again, I've been working on it for a couple of months now! So I'm done folks, someone wake me up when the patch is ready, I'm not going to spend any more time on the game until then. I think I'll go back to playing SMAC for awhile.

Last edited by Willem; February 11, 2002 at 02:22.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2002, 10:32   #2
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 21:26
Are you serious?

Yea, play SMAC for a while... I also drop a CivII, CTP2 or even a Colonization in every now and then, just to remember the good ole times. But I always return though... And I bet you will too! Damn, someday I must see your "Willem's Mega Cheat" MOD
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2002, 12:56   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Are you serious?

Yea, play SMAC for a while... I also drop a CivII, CTP2 or even a Colonization in every now and then, just to remember the good ole times. But I always return though... And I bet you will too! Damn, someday I must see your "Willem's Mega Cheat" MOD
Yes no doubt I'll get back into it, but right now I'm tired and I just don't have the heart to start from the beginning again. Christ, so much work just to have a stupid bug screw it up. I'm guessing that the patch will be out within a month so I'm just going wait and see what they come up with then. Who knows, maybe all the things I'm trying to change will be taken care of then. And I suppose it wouldn't hurt to play it their way once in awhile just so I have an accurate comparison.

And it's a customization, not a cheat.

I've actually been trying to make it more complicated, not just easier to win. And of course trying to deal with things like stack movement. And I almost had it too.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote