Old September 1, 2000, 19:34   #1
Ken Hinds
Prince

Local Time: 17:43
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Deathwalker,

There is a definate differance between the files; game, rules, and several others. I've been working on the problem so that we can get rid of the "barracks Attack" messages that pop up when you play a FW created scenario with MGE/UC. (See my post on creation - "I think that I may have the Aquaduct Attacks problem solved" or something like that. The thread started sometime in June this year) I have not completely worked out all the differences. Some of them seem to vary from scenario to scenario. One of the main differences in the rules text is the MGE/UC version has several additional slots that are not available for FW. This might even be what is causing the stupid messages, since I know it is a misidentified string problem. MGE could be looking at the incorrect text because there either isn't anything at that location in the FW files or the locations may have shifted under the new files for MGE and so the data is in the wrong location when using FW created files.

I have been hand massaging the text files for several scenarios that were created with FW and trying to insert the missing text that was added under MGE. This is not a trivial exercise for some of the files as we are talking about several pages of information split up into small sections and spread throughout the file.

If you would like me to add your files to the list of ones that I am working on I can either send you a disk to be mailed back or if you can post a link for a download I could download the files and work from that. I can't receive attachements on internet e-mail so I can't have you e-mail me the files.

If you want further help feel free to e-mail me and I will do what I can. If you have any graphic ability I may want to swap my work for your assistance with graphics for my own scenario work. I have no ability what so ever when it comes to art creativity.

Ken
Old September 2, 2000, 00:10   #2
Deathwalker
Prince

Local Time: 22:43
General Question?
Does anyone know if the rules text file in UCC/MGE is the same as FW rules file. I started a scenario on FW and want to move it to UCC. If their is any difference can you tell me what it is, Thanx a lot

------------------
I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
Old September 6, 2000, 10:30   #3
Deathwalker
Prince

No thanx, what I am doing is an scenario that I started in FW and forgot about, I wanted to complete it now, but I was unsure if I moved it to UCC. But you could help me by telling me just one thing, if I put it in UCC and load, will it load OK, or do I need to fix the rules files so it can run in UCC.

Thanx for your help.

------------------
I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
Old September 17, 2000, 01:26   #4
Ken Hinds
Prince

Local Time: 17:43
Deathwalker,

I was a little slow in answering my e-mail stack, but I hope you got my reply. Just in case, you shouldn't have any problems loading the FW version and getting it to run as is. What I noted was that you might find conflicts once you start making changes using MGE tools. I suggested that you might want to load it, save it, and reload the saved game. Then open editor/cheat menus and remark the file as a scenario before making any changes using MGE. Hopefully that would cause it to be converted to the MGE formatted file when you closed the scenario.

If you didn't get my e-mail reply with the additional comments let me know and I can post it all here.

Ken
Old September 26, 2000, 04:59   #5
Deathwalker
Prince

Thanx a lot, I did get your reply

------------------