Old November 27, 2000, 17:59   #1
Drakenred
Warlord

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
While i do want them to update the CIVIII websight...
(and its WAAAYpast time that theydid!) I do Want them to Enjoy the Holiday Season, Kick Back, Have Fun, Spend time with the Spouse(um Sid is Still Married, Right?(joking) and kids(um no thats My kids pictures. . . I think. . .) and do the shoping, After all the Holidaysare Stresfull enough without thoes of us as Apolyton Breathing down your necks every post.

so i say lets have a Truce, Lets all give them untill January2 to resume haslting them about puting up a Real Webpage, Screenshots, scetchart, ect

So the the Crew at Fraxis Enjoy.(~HM~)

(And remember, January 2 is only 36 days away)

Drakenred

[This message has been edited by Drakenred (edited November 27, 2000).]
Old November 29, 2000, 10:21   #2
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:34
quote:

websight...

If I've got to wait until Jan 2, it had better be a "sight"!

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
Old November 29, 2000, 16:50   #3
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 20:34
Local Date: October 30, 2010
face it, guys, the way its going, the site wont be updated until after the game is released
Old November 29, 2000, 16:56   #4
Harel
Prince

IF it will be released, you mean. For all we know, Firaxis could have been over-run by a cyborg invasion...
Old November 29, 2000, 17:27   #5
Tical_2000
Warlord

quote:

Originally posted by Harel on 11-29-2000 03:56 PM
IF it will be released, you mean. For all we know, Firaxis could have been over-run by a cyborg invasion...

It must've been a very SLOW race of cyborgs!!!

Old November 30, 2000, 00:34   #6
UltraSonix
King

quote:

face it, guys, the way its going, the site wont be updated until after the game is released

Make it Jan 2, 2003, then...

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
Old November 30, 2000, 19:42   #7
hHydro
Chieftain

Jeezus. Give them a break guys. The site'll be up when it's up, and the demo will be out when it's out and the game will be done when it's done.

Who the hell are we to be telling them when to have their web site up? I want this game out as much as the next guy, but man.. talk about pretentious.
Old December 2, 2000, 01:25   #8
Tical_2000
Warlord

Hey Hydro!: Shut up.

Old December 2, 2000, 03:13   #9
UltraSonix
King

quote:

talk about pretentious.
Compare the Activision team in the CTP2 forums to the Firaxis team here.

------------------
Old December 3, 2000, 00:05   #10
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

quote:

Originally posted by UltraSonix on 11-29-2000 11:34 PM
Quote:

posted November 29, 2000 23:34

quote:

------------------

But you folks..How's it go??.DOWN UNDER??..~smirk~...do have Croc-o-dile Hunters..folks named Mick Dundee and your national sporting equiptment is the Boomerang and you Greet everyone with a Fosters and a "G'Day Mate"..and ya all love shrimp???..(Put another shrimp on the barbie")..I take it That "Barbie" aint a Barbie Doll..but rather a barbecue..(Oh and do the Little dogs..what are they..DINGO's????..really attack them poor defenseless Koala Bears??

LOl

Troll

Old December 3, 2000, 01:35   #11
airdrik
Prince

Local Time: 18:34
Leave off the Australians, they're as cool as everyone else is. They should probably not even have feilds when you register requesting where you say you are from because then you get people like you saying not-so-nice stuff to people like ultrasonix.

Anyway I doubt the web site won't be up until after the game is out. As I recall, they said it would have previews of what the game is like, and in order for it to be a preview, no one can have seen the actual game yet. Thus the web site should be up before the game is out, and I agree that we should forget about it until after the new year.
Old December 3, 2000, 03:30   #12
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

quote:

Originally posted by airdrik on 12-03-2000 12:35 AM
Leave off the Australians, they're as cool as everyone else is. They should probably not even have feilds when you register requesting where you say you are from because then you get people like you saying not-so-nice stuff to people like ultrasonix.

Anyway I doubt the web site won't be up until after the game is out. As I recall, they said it would have previews of what the game is like, and in order for it to be a preview, no one can have seen the actual game yet. Thus the web site should be up before the game is out, and I agree that we should forget about it until after the new year.

Look Sweetheart..I was having a little fun..ok?
If you two are romantically involved.I am sorry..BUT..I didnt cut him down..was going along with his thread about kangaroos and koala bears..ok?..or are U a complete [edited by yin26] and cannot see that?

Troll

[This message has been edited by yin26 (edited December 03, 2000).]
Old December 3, 2000, 06:51   #13
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Troll,

You might well be trying to live up to your name, but I won't tolerate attacking people in that manner. If you have something intelligent to say, please say it intelligently.
Old December 3, 2000, 06:59   #14
UltraSonix
King

I don't mind people having a go at me - I just don't recommend it, especially in the OTF, since Ming really doesn't like those sort of threads.

------------------
Old December 4, 2000, 15:11   #15
airdrik
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Troll on 12-03-2000 02:30 AM
Look Sweetheart..I was having a little fun..ok?
If you two are romantically involved.I am sorry..BUT..I didnt cut him down..was going along with his thread about kangaroos and koala bears..ok?..or are U a complete [edited by yin26] and cannot see that?

I thought you might be joking, but I just thought I'd add that anyway, not to be harping on you, but just in defence of the australians.
BTW, I am not 'involved' with anyone on this forum, and have no desire to be.
Old December 4, 2000, 16:13   #16
hHydro
Chieftain

The web site not up until the game is out??? WHAT??

Look, I'm normally a really nice guy, but I that idea's just plain dumb.

Regarding the web site, it's called a MARKETING EFFORT. I'm sure the Firaxis/Hasbro marketing departments have a schedule all worked out as to when they go live with the site (taking into account delays to the game of course). They're not just gonna throw the site up for the sake of it. No doubt they'll coordinate the site with releases to the gaming community and magazines. (And no.. just because they have a date in mind doesn't mean they have to tell you what it is.)

The idea that they won't have the web site up before the game is out is ridiculous. But even then.. who cares? It's just a web site! It's not like it's going to get the game into your hands any sooner? Why are some of you making such a big deal about this?
Old December 4, 2000, 20:43   #17
UltraSonix
King

quote:

It's just a web site! It's not like it's going to get the game into your hands any sooner? Why are some of you making such a big deal about this?

Do you realise that most of the threads in the forum right now are probably a waste of time simply because Firaxis has probably already made a decision on the issue/s - we just don't know about them!

------------------
Old December 5, 2000, 00:13   #18
airdrik
Prince

I know one thing they're "not ready to discuss, yet." The map, ie. weather it's in 3d w/raised elevations, the shapes of the tiles, etc. Because I asked them and that's what they said. So all our threads about the map, keep them going, they haven't even started to discuss it yet (even though it is one of the most important aspects. After all, what are your units going to walk on? And what areas will your cities garvest from? 21 squares, or x triangles, or all pixils in x radius?).
Old December 5, 2000, 06:31   #19
Deathwalker
Prince

How come all the best games take forever to come out with. Like Resident Evil to name one. Some camanies just take forever and that includes the web sites. Other include Aliens Vs Presdator and Tiberian Sun the more people want it the less effort they put in, it's madening?

------------------
I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
Old December 7, 2000, 22:09   #20
hHydro
Chieftain

Heh.. Deathwalker.. how did you ever manage as a kid with xmas only coming once a year?

quote:

Originally posted by airdrik on 12-04-2000 11:13 PM
I know one thing they're "not ready to discuss, yet." The map, ie. weather it's in 3d w/raised elevations, the shapes of the tiles, etc. Because I asked them and that's what they said. So all our threads about the map, keep them going, they haven't even started to discuss it yet

So let me get this straight.. you asked Firaxis about their maps.. and simply because they have not decided to share details of the game with you, you have deduced that they haven't finished working on them yet?

Look. I happen to work a floor below Relic, the guys who did Homeworld. Some of you have probably played Homeworld and may agree that it was a truly original and well implimented idea. Now if you're still a year and a half away from finishing your game, you aren't going to go out and tell everyone what your ideas are. Relic was totally hush-hush while working on the game. Hell, you should see the security they had up there. When you make games, your ideas are going to make or break you. You don't go sharing them with everyone.

We may all like Firaxis and Sid and what they've done, but they're not going to start marketing and openly talking about the game until they're ready.

..and Ultra: I agree.. It's my guess that most of the fundamentals probably have been worked out by now. But great ideas can still worm their way into a finished product late in the game. Besides. Some of the less frustrating threads are fun to participate in.
Old December 7, 2000, 22:20   #21
hHydro
Chieftain

Hmm.. airdrik;

That came off sounding like a rant at you. Not what I intended. I see a reoccurring theme here though that people keep talking like Firaxis owes them something, and it's starting to grate on my nerves. Spoiled child syndrome, you know? "I WANT TO KNOW NOW. AIIAHHGHH!!"

That sort of thing. Really we all just need to find ourselves a diversion until CIV3 actually comes out. It will be SO much easier on our psyches that way. =)

Finally tried CTP2. Ugh. I'll gladly wait for Civ3. 'nuff said.
Old December 7, 2000, 23:31   #22
airdrik
Prince

I see what you and they mean. They just don't want to disclose such info. I misunderstood what they said. Boy do I feel sheepish .
Old December 8, 2000, 15:00   #23
hHydro
Chieftain

Being a sheep isn't so bad with the good lord Sid as our shepherd..

Man that sounds corny... sorry.