Old March 7, 2002, 13:33   #31
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 20:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The more I hear about this game, the more I like it!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Velociryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2002, 14:21   #32
Leonidas
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
The more I hear about this game, the more I like it!

-=Vel=-
So true
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2002, 14:33   #33
Zealot
King

Local Time: 21:29
Thank you for making me see your posts, deceiving me from what I hoped to be new exciting info about the game to just see more posts of the kind I usually make by myself!
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2002, 13:43   #34
Leonidas
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zealot
Thank you for making me see your posts, deceiving me from what I hoped to be new exciting info about the game to just see more posts of the kind I usually make by myself!

Zealot: You're very welcome
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2002, 17:10   #35
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 16:29
Just took a quick look, and boy do I like what I see.
Thanks for the info. Do appreciate it.

Is there any intention of adding scenario type abilities to MOO3, such as those found with Civ2? This is, as you might know, probably the biggest complaint from the Civ community regarding Civ 3 as it was used so much with civ2.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2002, 20:19   #36
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 04:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Is there any intention of adding scenario type abilities to MOO3, such as those found with Civ2? This is, as you might know, probably the biggest complaint from the Civ community regarding Civ 3 as it was used so much with civ2.
I think the developers have pretty much stated that there aren't going to be scenario capabilities - at least in the first release. Much as it would enhance the game its not a traditional inclusion in Moo games. Hopefully though this may be rectified in a future patch/expansion though if QS sees the demand for it.

Civ3 OTOH was supposed to have scenarios and a scenario editor and shipped in a box stating this. When people bought the thing before finding out otherwise they were (quite understandably) rather aggrieved.
ravagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2002, 09:58   #37
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thanks for the info Ravagon. I havn't looked into MOO 3 much. I did enjoy MOO 1/2, so MOO 3 is something I am looking forward to. Let us hope that they do see the wisdom in adding scenario capabilities

I was one of those who did pick up OTOH for just that.... Quite disapointing.

--Con
Old March 20, 2002, 14:22   #38
Lee Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 15:29
Quote:
Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immorality.
Did the Dalai Lama really say "immorality"?
Lee Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2002, 15:05   #39
GodKing
Emperor

From the information I have, yes he did. This did go through about 4 or 5 translators though before I read it in a book. I don't know what language the Dalai Lama normaly speaks in, but the book was from that language to german, and german to english (british) and british english to american english (by looking in the front of the book at the publishers info).......Oops, just read the quote again, imortality and immorality....Oh my....

--Con
Old March 20, 2002, 15:08   #40
GodKing
Emperor

There, hopefully that fixed it. Thanks.

--Con
Old March 21, 2002, 11:08   #41
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

You talking to one such successful moo:er right here.

Impossible/8 players/Huge galaxy/Early start - colonizing
one planet only.

It's trivial if you are allowed to outpost - giving reach and
preventing others from colonizing. It's fairly difficult if you
aren't allowed to outpost, but nowhere as difficult as
winning with the above conditions playing an uncreative/
repulsive ONLY race, and that's possible as well.

Start bombing early, and _never_ stop. Just like the only
viable strategy in Civ3, in fact :-)

It's even possible to win an military conquest OCC in Moo2.

It all rather depends on whether the Antatreas will overlook
your single planet before your're ready for them.
Old March 21, 2002, 13:58   #42
Stormhound
Prince

Just for the sake of those of you who're awaiting eagerly any news, be aware that I'm currently planning an update for April 1.

Yes, the date is chosen deliberately, and NO, not because it's going to be a joke. I assure you it'll be quite serious, which is another reason why I'm letting you know ahead of time.

I'm also going to be on vacation from 3/23 to 3/31, which is another good reason for letting you know now.

No hints.

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew
Stormhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2002, 14:04   #43
GodKing
Emperor

Thanks Stormhound.
Only 1 1/2 weeks, we can wait.
Enjoy the vacation - go someplace nice and warm!!!!

--Con
Old March 21, 2002, 20:05   #44
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormhound
Yes, the date is chosen deliberately, and NO, not because it's going to be a joke. I assure you it'll be quite serious, which is another reason why I'm letting you know ahead of time.
You mean you're not going to give not even ONE "mislead" for us to laugh about when we find out the truth?
I don't believe it!

About your vacations, you wouldn't believe how the weather is here in Lisbon right now (around 80ºF, IIRC)!
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old March 21, 2002, 21:45   #45
Master Marcus
Prince

That can't beat the mere 1 celsius ( 34-35 F) we had today for welcoming the first "official" spring day....here in the Great white North with some snow to come... ideal for playing...
Old March 22, 2002, 15:31   #46
Stormhound
Prince

Sounds like you got our shipment of warm air, Zealot.

No, this vacation's going to be taken a lot closer to home.

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew
Stormhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2002, 16:44   #47
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormhound
Sounds like you got our shipment of warm air, Zealot.
Hmmm, 27 ºC!