Old February 13, 2002, 12:36   #1
fittstim
Warlord

Local Time: 21:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Declaring war with cause
Why isn't there a possibility to declare war on a civ when you have complete justification? I mean, if they come and steal your techs or destroy your improvements, yeah, you can declare war without getting a "black mark" against your civ.

BUT, when the damn AI searches out the single bit of jungle in the middle of your empire which is not within your "cultural sphere" but is surrounded by this very same sphere, you can't go in and take over the city (declare war) even though in establishing the city, the AI acquires some of your land.

The same holds true when the AI plops a city down right on the edge of your cultural zone of control. It pushes your own zone of culture back a square or two.

It's just annoying to wait for the AI to declare war on me or until my culture overwhelms these upstarts.
fittstim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2002, 17:45   #2
cad4life
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:31
I totatlly agree. I really hate when the AI by pass all the land to flop right in the middle. I hate that more than anything. There should be an option that tells the computer not to build a city in a particular square or area. for better diplomatic relations.
Old March 13, 2002, 10:08   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The 1.17f patch was supposed to prevent the AI from settling in those locations that it had no chance to culturally keep. If you haven't installed that patch, I would higly recommend it.

If they do this, why don't you just talk to the civ, renegociate the peace treaty terms, and if they don't give you a good enough deal for peace, then just cancel the agreement?? I don't think it gives you much of a black mark, except against the civ in question.
Old March 13, 2002, 19:27   #4
godinex
Prince

Local Time: 14:31
I hate the AI and all this S***t for the war... they never end it at time.
Old March 14, 2002, 14:09   #5
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 15:31
Quote:
The 1.17f patch was supposed to prevent the AI from settling in those locations that it had no chance to culturally keep. If you haven't installed that patch, I would higly recommend it.
It seems to be better but I havent found that it prevents it. Maybe it has to do with level?
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
SpencerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2002, 15:00   #6
chiefpaco
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:31
Quote:
Originally posted by cad4life
I totatlly agree. I really hate when the AI by pass all the land to flop right in the middle. I hate that more than anything. There should be an option that tells the computer not to build a city in a particular square or area. for better diplomatic relations.
There is already a way to declare that land - build a city there.

BTW, you can declare wars without getting "black marks". Just declare war before moving in your units.
chiefpaco is offline   Reply With Quote