Old April 16, 2002, 20:32   #421
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 14:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"j" and Armies; Can't sort by "production" in Domestic screen
Ok, i read through page 3, and didn't see this so...
1) if you 'j' move a unit with an army present the army empties.
i.e. if you have an army of 3 tanks, and also 5 individual tanks (not in the army) that all occupy the same space, if you click the individual tank and hit 'j' to move the tanks, the army unloads itself and acts weird

2) in the domestic visor screen you can't sort by production any longer

I know they are about to release the next patch, but better late then never (besides i just got done my senior thesis, so now i can play again whoohoo!)

annoyances, but not bugs:
1)still no MAD
2)cant load helicopters on aircraft carrier
3)no navel vessel can carry cruise missiles (whaa?! that is the most stupid of all the annoyances )
Old April 16, 2002, 20:37   #422
Ribannah
Queen

Local Time: 21:36
Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
Quote:
Originally posted by Spectator
Howe come this thread hasn't been removed?!
Do you expect all the bugs we reported removed?
Old April 16, 2002, 20:43   #423
Tuberski

Local Time: 15:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Ribannah

Do you expect all the bugs we reported removed?
Do you think anybody has READ all these complaints?

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 16, 2002, 23:09   #424
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Bug reports Tuberski.

Not everything is a complaint (although some of them are complaining).
Old April 17, 2002, 00:49   #425
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 12:36
Re: CRASH
Quote:
Originally posted by bobafett
Games crashes after I build a city with the settler that is selected when you load up the game. It crashes as soon as the turn ends.

I avoided building the city and the game crashes a few turns later whether I build the city or not. This is pissing me off.

Boba
Well its a HUGE map. It modified and you didn't mention that. You should always give ALL the details when reporting a bug. I know its modded because of the straight gray lines in the Science Advisor screen.

Building that with that settler starts a war with Rome a civ you haven't met yet. You didn't mention that little detail either.

The details I am seeing look like Marla's map but you don't have the historical starting points since you are the Americans and Delhi is exactly were Rome would be with the historical starting positions. Thats you problem. That map is a mod that has a special unit. A ship that needs some extra graphics. If you downloaded the map only it will crash as soon as someone tries to build that ship. You need the full download and for some reason Civ3.com only has the map.

That isn't a bug but its stupid because they have it reported that they have the wrong version of Marla's World Map MOD. Key there is that its a mod and not just a map.

It didn't crash on the end of the turn for me. You have the game set to automaticly go to the next turn so maybe you just didn't notice that. The AI moves went by very quickly.

I figured out why the didn't game didn't crash for me. I have the full install of Marla's map. I just saw the Roman Pirogue sail into view. The lack of the ship is what is crashing the game for you.

Heh the Romans refused our envoy. You did start a war by building that city in that spot. Move him a bit before you build the city. AFTER you install the full version of Marla's mod. I think you may be able to continue the game then.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...?threadid=9829

Follow the above link. The download on Civfanitics works and its self installing. Follow the instructions. ALL of them if you want to start over with the historicaly correct starting positions.

You should be able to continue your game after you install though without going through the extra stuff for the right positions as it is way to late for that in your game. A special program is installed thatwill modify a save from 4000 BC so the civs are in the right places but it has to be done before you do anything on the map. The instructions are with the download in HTML form.
Old April 17, 2002, 04:16   #426
morb
Chieftain

I was stealing tech from the chinese via espionage (I know it cost me arm+leg for "safe" mode, but it was quicker than researching it myself, so I set research to 0 and let the cash roll in). But when you manage to steal a tech, you get to choose which tech you wish, then, you're shown a box with choices "-done" and "-what's the big picture" if you click done.... well, you're done. If you click "-what's teh big picture" you are taken back to the tech tree of the fella you're borrowing from and get to select a "bonus" tech for your efforts. As far as i know this only works two times, the third time you try "-what's the big picture" it doesn't work any more, gives a bogus "but you already have that tech" excuse even if you don't. Also, if you do this, and there is no other tech to borrow, you're stuck in an endless loop. The game won't let you get out because it complains "select a tech" if you try to get out of the tech screen and takes you back, but there is no tech to select, so there is no way to get out.

This can't be a "design decision" can it? I mean its nice to get a 2-for-1 deal, but its a 1+'stuck in a loop' deal if there is nothing else to take.

I vote: bug.

has anyone else see this happen?
Old April 17, 2002, 04:19   #427
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

It's a buggy easter egg.
Old April 17, 2002, 04:21   #428
morb
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
It's a buggy easter egg.
so you've seen this too?
Old April 17, 2002, 05:11   #429
notyoueither
Deity

No. But it sounds like a buggy easter egg, kind of, not really, but maybe.
Old April 17, 2002, 07:36   #430
dannubis
King

Local Time: 22:36
i don't know wether this is a bug or not, but when starting a war through diplomatic channels (renegotiating peace treaties) there is no war weariness in your cities as if the other civ attacked you ... Pretty convienient I might add