Old February 20, 2002, 00:06   #31
Nero Would
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
15 Feb version of the patch is different from 14 Feb version
According to Jeff Morris (Firaxis) in this thread. The version of the patch that was posted to www.firaxis.com on 15 Feb is not the same as the version that was made available on 14 Feb. The difference is not only the inclusion of the correct version of the editor (which Firaxis explained at the time), it also includes a different civ3mod.bic. The 15 Feb version of the BIC file removes the change that made all units available to Barbarians (and resulted in advanced units like Armies appearing in goody huts).

I have updated my post earlier in this thread to indicate that this change may or may not be in your version of the BIC file depending on when you downloaded the patch.
Old February 23, 2002, 08:44   #32
Nero Would
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:36
I've updated my earlier post to show that there is still no upgrade patch to the American F-15. This is presumably an oversight. I checked the others, and this is the only civ unique unit that you can't upgrade to even though there is an upgrade path to the regular version of the unit.

I added a note that the Egyptian War Chariot now upgrades to Horseman instead of Knight. This is a little strange since the two units are almost identical (Horseman is more expensive and is not "wheeled").

I also noted that Greeks can no longer build Pikemen. This makes sense since Pikemen are identical to Hoplites (except that they cost more).
Old February 23, 2002, 10:50   #33
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Nero Would
I've updated my earlier post to show that there is still no upgrade patch to the American F-15. This is presumably an oversight. I checked the others, and this is the only civ unique unit that you can't upgrade to even though there is an upgrade path to the regular version of the unit.

I added a note that the Egyptian War Chariot now upgrades to Horseman instead of Knight. This is a little strange since the two units are almost identical (Horseman is more expensive and is not "wheeled").

I also noted that Greeks can no longer build Pikemen. This makes sense since Pikemen are identical to Hoplites (except that they cost more).
Yes, you're right, they seem to have missed the F-15. Just set the Fighter to upgrade to the F-15, then the F-15 to Jet Fighter.
Old March 18, 2002, 08:58   #34
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 22:36
bump!

For those who couldn't find this important thread.