Old February 15, 2002, 02:54   #61
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
And just when is Ming gonna lock his own thread?

I mean we had some high, high hilarity goin with the *It's Friday in NZ, where's my patch!* one. It got locked.

Damn. No one outside the commonwealth understood it. Suffice to say we had Lib ducking and running. So it must have been good.

Salve
Old February 15, 2002, 02:55   #62
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Oh yeah.

Good job Firaxis. Keep giving us fuel to fight the Yin fodder.
Old February 15, 2002, 02:59   #63
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 16:36
Hey, I supported the 'It's Friday' thread! It was Friday here in Korea about 16 hours ago!

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old February 15, 2002, 02:59   #64
wingman
Settler

Local Time: 20:36
This is like a great ballet, magnificent, it drives me to tears. We can call it the "Spambastic."

But I to say that Yin is right. Any one who supports early release of software befor it is ready must be ( ).
That said I believe this patch has satisfied my expectations of what one can get for $50. I have enjoyed the game and Fraxis are one of the good companies in the business.

I do have a question for Yin, do you have a pirated game. I remember yoy returning the game after a week of play, but you could not have possible learned the details I have seen you mention in one week. Are you a pirate, if you are I will lose all respect for you.

Though I first have to find where I put.
Old February 15, 2002, 03:03   #65
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 16:36
I'm deadset against piracy, though I understand why certain folks in parts of the world where games are hard to find and over-priced might take that road. I have no such excuses.

And I *defy* you to find anything of substance I've said about Civ3 since I stopped playing months ago! LOL! Honestly, what kind of detail are you talking about? I played 3.5 games and returned the sucker. The rest just came from paying close attention to the things I hope will get fixed.

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old February 15, 2002, 03:08   #66
TechWins
King

Local Time: 13:36
I did't read the last like six posts, because of lack of interest and severe fatigue.

Ok, Ming, I think Yin is right on this one, and you simply misinterpreted Yin's first post. I thought I would state my opinion on the topic.

About Civ3, I agree Firaxis did a very fine job with the release of this patch in many aspects, but I'm just sad that I can't even use the damn patch for a couple more days, and no, not because I need a "nocdpatch", either.

Now i go to bed..hurray!!!
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old February 15, 2002, 03:15   #67
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
And I *defy* you to find anything of substance I've said about Civ3 since I stopped playing months ago! LOL!
Saved for future reference.

Damn! I'm glad he didn't lock it.

Keep this goin and it has potential.

Salve
Old February 15, 2002, 03:41   #68
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 15:36
And so I got the blame for this?

And I am a commie for hiding?

Well, I could lie and say I was downloading 1.17f and playing Civ but I will just tell the truth. I was playing a real game, BRAC (Brian Reynold's Alpha Centauri) and enjoying its lack of culture.

Old February 15, 2002, 03:47   #69
notyoueither
Deity

It emerges from hiding.

Once the smoke of battle has dissipated.

BTW, good job Firaxis. You have precipitated one of the more amusing threads to date. Other than Grrr's that is.

Salve
Old February 15, 2002, 03:59   #70
siredgar
Prince

Ming vs. Yin is over, already? Hmmm, when is the re-match?
Old February 15, 2002, 05:43   #71
Libertarian
King

Lucky for you two your usernames aren't Libertarian and ACooper.
Old February 15, 2002, 05:56   #72
notyoueither
Deity

You mean Sh*ggy.

The profanity inherent in his handle counted one strike against you both, I'm sure.

Haven't you learned that we must be sensitive to our British brothers?

And Canadians too, if you know what's good for you gorillas. Nice gorillas, but large and pushy none the less.

Salve
Old February 15, 2002, 06:02   #73
Libertarian
King

We're not pushy. Shut up.
Old February 15, 2002, 06:10   #74
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Libertarian
We're not pushy. Shut up.