Old February 17, 2002, 01:21   #1
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 13:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CTP2 multiplayer registry
A common complant I hear from new players who are thinking about trying CTP2 multiplayer is that they are having a hard time finding other players. Those of us who are experienced MP players already have a group of friends to play against and it is easy for us to forget what it is like for a new person joining our hobby. In order to make it easier for CTP2 players to locate each other I would like to propose that we make a CTP2 player's registry.
The registry would be listed right here on the forum and if anyone wants to find another player all they have to do is come and check the registry. Does anyone else like this idea? If not then what concerns do you have? If you do like it then what information do you think should be included in a registry entry? I suggest that if each person would include their nick-name, country of origin, languages spoken, ICQ and/or AIM numbers, and perhaphs their e-mail address then it should make he task of locating people to play CTP2 against so much easier.
Does this sound like a doable proposition?
Old February 17, 2002, 06:59   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:41
I think it's a great idea I'm not a MP player myself but if you can get this thing going, I'll get the thread topped...
Old February 17, 2002, 14:19   #3
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 20:41
Yep count me in, i think the info you suggest is fine plus maybe an 'any additional info' bit, for example I only play LAN - something like that.(i wouldn't mind playing over the net but the Firewall at work won't let me )

Last edited by child of Thor; February 20, 2002 at 16:18.
Old February 19, 2002, 13:33   #4
Oerdin
Deity

Ok, I will make one and we can include a spot for people to say whither they play on the internet or on a LAN.
Old February 20, 2002, 20:22   #5
{\S/}Tripa{\S/}
Settler

Local Time: 06:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MSN also
MSN i also think would be good to add as i know some people hate D/L new softwear but already have MSN.
I also think a way to get the name out there would be if apolyton had have bothered with advertising, Thinking that the Civ name would just create enough players was a silly idea. I know that in Australia I nor anyone i know ever heard anything about CTP or CTP2 untill I told them. It is a little late now for this. But i would still love a CTP3 and hope they are still thinking bout it. I can give you lots of ideas for it that you wont find in anyother game.
For ege. Modern Age: Terrorist includes things seen in the news. such as planes flying into buildings. Subway bombings.

These are just some examples i have many more ideas if apolyton do plane on making a CTP3 i will write out a list of ideas for them. hehehe

Opps went of track a little lol
Long Live CTP2
Old February 26, 2002, 17:47   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

*bump*

Is this still gonna happen?
Old February 28, 2002, 18:10   #7
Oerdin
Deity

Yes, it will but I've been really busy latelt with work, school, and what not. Let me finish my end of quarter crunch time then I'll get it up and running.
Old February 28, 2002, 18:29   #8
Locutus
Deity

Of course, take your time (I couldn't understand more)... it's just that it would be a shame to see this project die prematurely so I thought I'd ask for an update...

PS if you haven't seen it already, your attention is needed in the Succession Game thread...
Old March 13, 2002, 03:49   #9
Oerdin
Deity

Alright erveryone the new thread is up and running so go on and post your information there.
Old March 13, 2002, 04:25   #10
Locutus
Deity

Yeah, Oerdin, that thread has been up for days but no only 1 response so far (not long after the news item was posted), where are all your MP buddies? Go kick them in the butt, they gotta register!

Anyway, thread topped, news item posted and you're on the radio; if that's not enough promotion, I don't know what is
Old March 13, 2002, 06:40   #11
MarkyMark
Settler

Local Time: 20:41
Re: CTP2 -Battlefield Register
Visit the Page http://CTP2.the-battlefield.com/ranking.php
you find some CTP2-Player contacts and you can there register:
http://ctp2.the-battlefield.com/joinb.php

Free for all. We start now a Tournay........everybody is welcome, when he accepted our rules for the Tourney

Thanks for your Attention.
Mark
Webmaster Battlefield CTP2 / CIV3 and coming soon Moo3

Last edited by MarkyMark; March 13, 2002 at 06:55.
Old March 21, 2002, 20:57   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Lucutus,
I know things have been alittle slow with the MP registrary but that's just because I haven't had the time to promote it yet. Lately I've been buried under an avalanch of school work (it's finals week of my final quarter at college) and I still need to work enough hours at my job so I can pay my rent.
I'm finishing my last final today and I will be going on a trip to Mexico with some friends until the middle of next week but after that I entend to promote the dickens out of the MP registrary.
Old March 22, 2002, 13:55   #13
Locutus
Deity

Well, it has 8 responses now, so it's doing much better already. But I *know* there are more MP players out there so it'll be interesting to see what you can do when you get back...
Old March 30, 2002, 13:59   #14
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Well, it has 8 responses now, so it's doing much better already. But I *know* there are more MP players out there so it'll be interesting to see what you can do when you get back...
Ok, I'm back from my vacation in Mexico and now so I'm going to see if I can't pump up some interest.
Old March 30, 2002, 14:23   #15
Locutus
Deity

Mexico... */jealous*

Anyway, great to have you back, it would be interesting to see what you can do.
Old April 24, 2002, 19:32   #16
DeanToth
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:41
YES I AM NEW TO MULTIPLAY but have had CTPII since it came out. I want to register!!!!
Old April 24, 2002, 19:33   #17
DeanToth
Chieftain

where is this new thread you metion?
Old April 24, 2002, 19:36   #18
Locutus
Deity

Go here. (It's one of the 'topped' threads in this forum).
Old April 24, 2002, 20:26   #19
DeanToth
Chieftain

I've just added myself to the registry. I'm so glad and relieved there is still a CTPII community out here!!! Especially since I put away my copy of CivIII in disgust.... :-(

(I just MIGHT MIGHT play CivIII again when it's multiplay "patch" comes out, but even then... no stacking units, crappy comabt... ugh)

Anyway... thanks again for setting up the registry and I have at least two friends whom I think I can get to add their names.

Take it easy
Old April 24, 2002, 20:43   #20
Locutus
Deity

Thank you for visiting this site and adding yourself to the registry!
Quote:
and I have at least two friends whom I think I can get to add their names.
That would be great
Old April 25, 2002, 04:24   #21
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DeanToth
I've just added myself to the registry. I'm so glad and relieved there is still a CTPII community out here!!! Especially since I put away my copy of CivIII in disgust.... :-(

(I just MIGHT MIGHT play CivIII again when it's multiplay "patch" comes out, but even then... no stacking units, crappy comabt... ugh)

Anyway... thanks again for setting up the registry and I have at least two friends whom I think I can get to add their names.

Take it easy
The registry is still quite new so hopefully we can get a few more players. Then we can began e-mail each other anytime we want to play a multiplayer game.
Old April 25, 2002, 04:26   #22
Oerdin
Deity

Also rember to check at www.gameleague.megaultra.com for MP players.
Old April 25, 2002, 08:17   #23
Locutus
Deity

Yeah, we definitely could use more players for the registry, I *know* they're out there...

Gameleague is still alive?! I visit that site from time to time but it seems pretty dead to me... Last CtP2 news item is about the MP Rush buy bug, IIRC, more than a year old...
Old April 25, 2002, 15:30   #24
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Also rember to check at http://gameleague.megaultra.com for MP players.
Old April 25, 2002, 15:32   #25
Oerdin
Deity

Gameleague is still kicking but it is a mire shadow of it's former self. If the game log is any indication then there are still 5-10 active players. I think they only play amoungst people they know and trust that they won't use the IBC.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 25, 2002, 15:55   #26
DeanToth
Chieftain

IBC? Some kind of cheat?
Old April 25, 2002, 17:13   #27
Oerdin
Deity

The worst kind of cheat. See the FAQ.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 25, 2002, 17:50   #28
DeanToth
Chieftain

OK i checked it out; it really does suck. Cheats on the whole are pointless

what is the fun of building something in one turn? No satisfaction from building up your infrastructure......

I never did like the GOD mode cheats for FPS games and such either....

PS - the FAQ link to the questions regarding the cheats don't work.. you have to manually scroll down to the appropriate questions (not a big deal.... but all the other FAQ questions auto-hyperlink)

DOWN WITH THE CHEATERS!! Is the "fix" for this cheat still being worked on as the FAQ answer implies? Not that I think it matters at this point in time.... anyone still playing CTPII this late should be a gaming "purist" who wouldn't use the cheat... just wondering
Old April 25, 2002, 18:45   #29
Oerdin
Deity

There were a few people who said they'd work on it, but, to date I haven't seen even an alpha.
Old April 25, 2002, 19:23   #30
Locutus
Deity

DeanToth,
I just checked the FAQ, most links work fine but there were indeed 2 that didn't work (among which the IBC one). Thanks for the heads up, duly fixed...

Oerdin,
A matter of too many ideas, too little modders to implement them all