Old February 18, 2002, 13:56   #1
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 16:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
WOW I can't Believe it. I have the one more turn feeling now
I am not shure what is different with this Patch 1.17f since I don't see any difference right now but I have the ONE MORE TURN FEELING rignt now. I stayed up till 4:00am playing Civ3 but for some reason there is a differnece with the patch, the game just feels different when I play and am have a great time.

The only difference I see right now is that I use the Sentry command ( y key ) but it seems to make all the difference in the world.

Wish the Diplomacy was better but oh well it was covered before.

Does any one else have that feeling?

Davor
Old February 18, 2002, 14:13   #2
bigboss
Settler

Local Time: 15:45
I have two issues with the game right now.

1) I always feel like it is Me VS The World. This could just be caused by my style of play.

2) The AI never makes a decent strategic offensive. Sure it knows when to hit my cities with weak defense, but doesn't seem to know how to attack cities properly. Most of the time it just wanders around destroying improvements. It has no clue how to bombard.

Otherwise, yes I have felt a stronger desire to play the game. It could very well be due to the way the AI handles trading techs now. They seem to not value the older or less important techs as much and all the trading going on keeps the AI civs ahead of me in the tech race. Also, I think just knowing that "something" has been fixed and improved in the latest patch helps keep the interest in the game.
Old February 18, 2002, 15:02   #3
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:45
The AI leans forward. I feel more engaged over a longer stretch of gametime. Amazing really to get that old civ feeling back. ("It's WHAT time? How did that happen? I was going to knock off at 1 AM and now the sun is rising! Yoicks!