Old February 19, 2002, 16:15   #1
Crail
Settler

Local Time: 15:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Other Civs are pissed at me?
Need some help understanding.

I started no fights during the game (now in Modern Times). I have stayed in my little corner of the world for most of the game. I'm 2nd in culture/power prefering to let the others kill themselves off.

However, EVERY other Civ on the map is Furious towards me. I cannot get any fair deals (I have the lead in Tech and often pay for what I need with it).

What makes the AI so hostile towards me? I'm playing Warlord level, so I wouldn't think it's a 'how hard did I make the game' thing...
Old February 19, 2002, 16:22   #2
sachmo71
Warlord

Local Time: 14:48
What level are you playing on? How powerful are you in relation to the others? They tend to dislike the most powerful civ...as in real life!
Old February 19, 2002, 16:34   #3
Bautou
Chieftain

How much have you interacted with the other civs? Have you ignored them for most of the game? The more you trade with them, the more they tend to like you. Have you turned down a lot of military alliance, MPP, RoP offers from the AI? They don't like it when you do.
Old February 19, 2002, 16:58   #4
Crail
Settler

Local Time: 15:48
Quote:
What level are you playing on? How powerful are you in relation to the others?
Warlord.. or whatever is one step up from the easiest level.

2nd in power/land area/culture. Probably further down in army strength, as I don't usually keep a large standing army.

Quote:
How much have you interacted with the other civs? Have you ignored them for most of the game?
I accepted all the fair deals. Never was asked for MPP. Been in my share of fights, but that was usually after others starting them. If anything, I was more on the ignoring side... choosing to go Tech rather then expand borders.

France (1st in culture/land/power) doesn't seem to have any troubles keeping others from starting fights... or do you think the French are just buying off everyone?
Old February 19, 2002, 17:00   #5
sachmo71
Warlord

It depends on how large the gap is, but you will probably have to win them over with trade, tech exchanges, etc. Also, remeber the old saying...
"To secure peace is to prepare for war."

Just an opinion, of course!
Good luck!