Old February 19, 2002, 22:28   #1
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 16:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
BAC: DotP-Comments.
Just what it says guys. I posted the Prologue today, I'll begin the story proper tomorrow.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2002, 22:51   #2
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 10:49
sounds pretty good so far,

if its related to the BAC storyline (as it should) it should be consistent with Kass' timeline. Maybe checking w/Kass would be good.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2002, 23:28   #3
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
sounds pretty good so far,

if its related to the BAC storyline (as it should) it should be consistent with Kass' timeline. Maybe checking w/Kass would be good.
Well, everything from here on out is going to take place Isolated from Earth. I think the Prologue is consistant with Kass's timeline...
Old February 20, 2002, 18:39   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:49
I read it, and it seems to turn out good. I have been thinking of a BAC-short story myself, actually.
On quick reference, I have kept the history of the 21st century in my timeline very vague, as I didn't bother to put it in on detail. Just try to avoid stretching the Earth-related stuff further to the next century when the story starts , and all will be fine.
Old February 22, 2002, 15:37   #5
Lonestar
inmate
King

Hey guys, real quick question. In the Alpha Centauri Unity Story, was the name of the survivalist group Santiago belonged to The Spartans?
Old February 22, 2002, 18:36   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Hey guys, real quick question. In the Alpha Centauri Unity Story, was the name of the survivalist group Santiago belonged to The Spartans?
Yep, it was the Spartan Coalition.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2002, 01:45   #7
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Do you mean on the ship, or on Earth? The good General mentioned the shipbound one; in Mexico and Los Angeles, Santiago ran with the Jade Falcons.
Old February 26, 2002, 23:56   #8
Lonestar
inmate
King

Alrighty, here's some discussion and a brief overview of DotP so far.

As you can tell, the Ian McDiarmid is not the cold, calculating Lord Protector in the BAC thread. Obviously, something dramatic will happen to change that.

I believe that the Spartan Coalition was the name of a Earthside Survivalist group as well, the Jade Falcons were a gang in Los Angeles. Again, the SC will some into play, some years down the road. A prize to those who can guess who's the resident member of the SC.

That's all for now...just thought I'd toss that stuff in.
Old March 1, 2002, 00:40   #9
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 15:49
Santiego looks like a mexican and i am sure she knows spanish, even i she was born in Los Angelas..... she could of been part of the Jade Falcon gang there, then later on joined the Spartan Coalition....but i don't think she was incharge of the Spartan Coalition.

USA was about to fall apart, and the militaristic Mexicans at the time took advantage of it by trying to invade USA. Mexicans got repelled, USA falls apart into various independent states...... Mexican gov also gets overthrown soon afterwards due to the lost and the military shortage to prevent it Spartan Coalition somehow got formed involving northern mexico, south california, new mexico, arizona and etc....in that general area. there could have been some conflicts between the Spartan Coalition, Republic of California, Texas Republic and so on.

I know that the Russian Federation must of at some point in thr early 21st became the Russian Commonwealth....which was falling apart by the 2060s, along with other bigger nations. European Union seem to have been one nation, but were having problems themselves. I say Canada was still unified and strong

Pakistan and India may have some minor nuke exchange in the 2040s or 2050s. Africa is in a big mess, having their Sahara Burst Wars and so on. communist China became a imperial nation early in the 21st, and then that falled apart and became the Chinese Republic by the 2050s

Atleast after WW3, and when they started colonizing Sol, there several strong nations..... the European Union, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, Canada, Middle East, new United States or not, or under some other name, and so on... which causes colonial friction between nations and corporations, causing the War for Sol between two or three major alliances bloc like the Western Alliance, Eastern Coalition, and so on. that ended and Luna rebels, trying to gain independence... Earth nations unites and retakes Luna while Mars declares independence. after retaking Luna and repair, Earth fleet sent to Mars, trying to get it back but looses. soon after that, there was the belt war. there was mars civil war, and becomes the Mars Combine... and earth forms as the coalition... eventual friction between Earth and Mars, causing the Second War for Sol.. which ends after discovering the Scion ship and destroying it.... so starts the Scion War right after WFS2. during the Second War for Sol, there was the tempory Venus blockade by Earth ships, causing famine on venus. blockade eliminated by various venus ships, with the help from the combine.... after scion war, was discovery of FTL and then discovery of Elerium 85 used to power FTl drives in the Asteroid belt.... soon causing another belt war., but ends with some treaties. after the Gaian contact, the terran alliance in form in the early 2500s.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2002, 03:20   #10
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Pakistan and India may have some minor nuke exchange in the 2040s or 2050s.
If you recall Centauri Dawn, both India and Pakistan wiped each other out in the 'Seven-Minute War'.
Old March 1, 2002, 09:46   #11
Mellian
Queen

Yes i guess it wasn't minor then

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2002, 20:17   #12
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

I say Canada was still unified and strong

-LMP
Nah, it's split into four nations, Quebec, Canada, the Western Union, and Nunuvat.
Old March 4, 2002, 15:15   #13
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 21:49
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

If you recall Centauri Dawn, both India and Pakistan wiped each other out in the 'Seven-Minute War'.
Well that's a cheap way to get rid of two big nations, while India has over 1, 000, 000, 000 (1b) citizens today. Couldn't they be more imaginative? Or ethical?
Old March 4, 2002, 15:18   #14
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 21:49
Or what about Eastern Europe, including the troubled and economically collapsed Balkans? Or the Middle East? And what about the global warming?

Old March 4, 2002, 17:31   #15
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
Or what about Eastern Europe, including the troubled and economically collapsed Balkans? Or the Middle East? And what about the global warming?
Too politically sensitive, I'm guessing. With the former two, if you say one side won, the other will never buy the games and books. With the latter, well, I've heard both that the Earth is warming up and that we're entering a new ice age, and neither argument can convince a majority of the population.
Old March 12, 2002, 20:05   #16
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 10:49
Lonestar,

I'm starting to get into BAC: Dawn of the Protectorate. I like how you started the Protectorate from scratch! Even the minutest details like the houses made of brick adds a nice touch.

I'm really interested in seeing how Protector McDiarmid becomes the dictator he is ...now(?)

Anyway, good work!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2002, 20:53   #17
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Lonestar,

I'm starting to get into BAC: Dawn of the Protectorate. I like how you started the Protectorate from scratch! Even the minutest details like the houses made of brick adds a nice touch.

I'm really interested in seeing how Protector McDiarmid becomes the dictator he is ...now(?)

Anyway, good work!
Thanks, we still got a few years down the road. (like 20 or so) but you'll see how he gets "colder" than he is in the begining.

Hint; The Monolith will have something to do with it.
Old March 12, 2002, 22:14   #18
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 14:49
Quote:
A prize to those who can guess who's the resident member of the SC.
Errrrrruuuuuummmm...his name ain't Tarwater is it?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2002, 01:47   #19
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy

Errrrrruuuuuummmm...his name ain't Tarwater is it?
I believe the next story post answers that question.

So far it's been a more or less Ian-centric story. That may change, I think.
Old April 5, 2002, 22:52   #20
Sprayber
Emperor

I just started really reading the story. Very good so far.

Some answers to questions about Santiago

Quote:
Born 2026, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Family emigrated to Mexico City; orphaned during East Side Riots of 2034. Joined survivalist gang known as Jade Falcons; remained in city with younger siblings for several years more (exact whereabouts unknown). Later appeared in Boyce Heights, New Los Angeles, alone. Joined NLA Red Panthers (community security force), then moved on to join City Guard; distinguished self as Battalion Commander as city imposed martial law in 2050. Joined U.N. Security Force in 2053; excellent discipline, physical agility and ability to thrive in any environment led to selection as part of security force, U.N. Alpha Centauri Mission.
the Spartan Coalition came later on in her life.

Link to the other original leaders

http://apolyton.net/smac/Factions/Factions.htm
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 07:42   #21
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

*BUMP*

Any more coming?
Old May 14, 2002, 15:12   #22
Lonestar
inmate
King

Alright guys, I made a post.

This is mostly filler until we reach Ian's turning to the Darkside(tm).
Old May 14, 2002, 15:43   #23
Sovereign
Prince

Hey Lonestar!

Good work on the Dawn thread!

I like how you first potrayed Ian, as an innocent colonel. Now I'm drowning in suspense with the big question of "How did the benevolent Ian McDiramid turn into Darkside Emperor Ian McDiramid"

I'm waiting to read more DotP posts!!!

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2002, 23:27   #24
Lonestar
inmate
King

Well, another post to report in. This time from the Spartans view.