Old February 20, 2002, 02:00   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 13:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What is the best Mod out there right now?
I'm tempted to fix the game myself. But I'd like to hear from you guys which mod is best.

And I know the patch just came out. But I am curious how some mods work post patch.
Old February 20, 2002, 02:10   #2
Terser
Warlord

Local Time: 14:50
Well, they don't alter rules in any way but "Sno0py's Improved Terrain Graphics" and the "Improved Wonder Pics" mod are absolute must haves, IMHO. If I couldn't play with those two I'd toss the manual in the trash and use the CD as a pizza slicer.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old February 20, 2002, 02:20   #3
TechWins
King

Hands down Korn's Blitz Mod is the best. This mod actually makes the game enjoyable for me, and lets just say that before I started to use this mod the game wasn't so enjoyable. Also, another upside about that mod is a lot of testing/discussing is done by myself, Lockstep, Korn, and others concerncing the mod. Meaning that the mod is constantly improving, while most other mods seem to be dead (not many changes/updates as of late).

I would have to agree, as well, that Snoopy's Terrain Graphics are a must when playing Civ3. Along with a few other graphic changes done by others, such as mmx and Skanky Burns.

Btw, Korn just recently released v1.06beta7 after a lot of debate over the changes that should be made to it from beta6.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old February 20, 2002, 02:22   #4
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 15:50
so far i think the blitz mod is the best play balance mod out there

no offense to other play balance mods

Old February 20, 2002, 02:26   #5
SithUK
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:50
Vel's Alpha Mod. A small team worked together for a number of weeks debating various ideas/concepts to include. Its amazing. It HAS made the game fun for me!

SithUK

p.s. Unlike some of the above I have not been involved in the creation of my reccommended MOD =op
Old February 20, 2002, 02:50   #6
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Thanks. let me check those 2 out. I'm not too concerned about the graphics right now. They are decent. at least until I get bored of them.
Old February 20, 2002, 06:12   #7
Encomium
Warlord

Local Time: 15:50
LWC.