Old December 16, 2000, 02:59   #1
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 20:37
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Dear Grrr and Diablo (and everyone):
First, please allow me to welcome you to this forum. Many of us have been around a long time and might even believe we have thought of almost every idea under the sun for Civ3. However, we honestly know that's not the case. So we always welcome new people and new ideas.

However, please try to limit the number of new ideas you post in a short period of time. Although I mainly like what I have seen in terms of the discussions generated, try to understand that only so many topics can fit on the first page. So spread your good topics out...posting perhaps only 2 threads then waiting a day or two to post more if you have more ideas.

Now please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to dictate law here...just trying to keep things happy for everybody. O.K.? I appreciate your time.

Yin
Old December 16, 2000, 04:47   #2
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:37
Hello Yin

I apologize for sending in to many new forums, especially seeing as though most have already been discussed many months ago. However I was a mere ‘Settler’ and have not achieved ‘Veteran Status’ like you guys who have been talking for many months. Anyway, how does the ranking work, as I have noticed that I have become a ‘Chieftain’ while I have only been a member for 1 week or so. Does this mean that by the end of January I will have become a ‘Deity’ or even higher.

-Grrr
Old December 16, 2000, 05:40   #3
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Grrr,

Well, I am quite thankful to you for your nice attitude. Your topics have also generated some good disussion, and I look forward to seeing more of you around here.

Your title will change depending on the number of posts you make. Now, a reply also counts as a post, so you won't need to start a new thread to get credit. Just jump in on any of the topics you feel like contributing to, and reply. Another good place to contribute to a lot of posts is in the Off-Topic forum (if you haven't already visited).

However, people who make posts just to get a new title are not usually looked at very well on the "serious" boards like this one. Off-Topic, however, can be a fun place to engage in all kinds of discussions. But you have made some good contributions here, and don't worry if you are repeating things.

It was just the rapid number of new threads filling the page that got people a little nervous. Thanks again for understanding.

Yin
Old December 16, 2000, 17:26   #4
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

Local Time: 00:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
aahh, Yin, not to be rude or any thing, but even though my regestered name says ive been registered since october, Ive been here for quite a while. But thanks anyway for welcoming me any way.

And I am sorry for posting so many threads at once, Ill try harder next time to spread them out more.
Old December 16, 2000, 18:56   #5
Ralf
King

Local Time: 01:37
An added consideration for all of us to follow, should be:

Its perfectly OK to bumb your own threads, but please do it by adding something new to the subject, and not just by typing down word "Bump".
Old December 16, 2000, 21:15   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Diablo- once again- are you or were you Tim White?
Old December 16, 2000, 23:08   #7
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

Darkcloud, how did you know? Yes, I was Tim White, but changed my user-name. DId you not like TIm White?
Old December 17, 2000, 00:27   #8
Jer8m8
Warlord

Local Time: 19:37
Yin, i'm new here. Why do people say bump?
Old December 17, 2000, 05:08   #9
Par4
King

Local Time: 16:37
BUMP!

it gets a thread up to the top so everyone can see it again

Edit:Wow Yin is alive, I thought you were dead...

Maybe they'll update the Firaxis Civ3 page as a Christmas Present...
[This message has been edited by Par4 (edited December 17, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Par4 (edited December 17, 2000).]
Old December 17, 2000, 08:44   #10
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Diablo,

Sorry. I can't keep track of people switching names. But I certainly appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing more of your constructive comments around here.

Jer8m8,

As Par4 says, almost all threads sink off the first page if nobody responds for a while. So people just post "BUMP" and put the thread to the top. However, that's not typically needed especially now since the moderators can make certain threads stay at the top (like I did with this one). So if you must "bump" your thread, please add something to it to keep the discussion going.

Par4,

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. (Mark Twain)

As for this thread, I think I'll "unstick" it now so that it can sink off the page. Should another thread like this be needed in the future, we can certainly do so then.

Thanks all for the team spirit.
Old December 17, 2000, 18:30   #11
Jer8m8
Warlord

Local Time: 19:37
To Yin and Par4:

Thanks
Old December 17, 2000, 20:57   #12
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Well, I knew you were either jsrhughes or Tim White...

However since you were I would like to state this:

I liked you ideas in (september) when you registered, but don't jump on the newbies now, because you started nearly 10 threads every other day.

(p.s. I know you apologized)
Old December 18, 2000, 16:26   #13
Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
Prince

LOL! Thanks for saying you liked my threads, I am now bringing up some of my best ones (I think) for the new guys here, so dont be alarmed when you see me posting threads I have already posted stuff on.