Old February 20, 2002, 13:18   #1
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 20:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Dont beleive DiCs about 1.17, it's just fine!!
I'm tired of seeing ppl whinning about the patch!!
I just want to say that the 1.17 patch is fine and helps the game playability a lot! Of course it's not perfect but what is! And of course some DiCs (See the: it's official thread) will tell you it ain't worth crap but who wants to listen to 37 year old whiners who still lives with their parents and don't know what it means to pay a rent

So, take it from guys like me who like Civ3 (with it's flaws of course), It's worth installing!!! It gives you stack movement! Not a perfect stack movement but a lot better than moving one unit at a time. Just that should be a good enough reason to install the patch. And no it doesn't make the game crash or anything.

Yes it is worth while!!

The only thing I dont like is that it wont work with every saved game you had before installing, but I was expecting that so I dont really mind.

Spec.

Last edited by Spec; February 20, 2002 at 13:52.
Old February 20, 2002, 13:38   #2
Leonidas
King

Re: Dont beleive DiCs about 1.17, it's just fine!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spectator
I'm tired of seeing ppl whinning about the patch!!
I just want to say that the 1.17 patch is fine and helps the game playability a lot! Of course it's not perfect and what is! And of course some DiCs (See the: it's official thread) like Encodium will tell you it ain't worth crap but who wants to listen to 37 year old whiners who still lives with their parents and don't know what it means to pay a rent! And this is completely out of topic but Enconium, you still a virgin....right?

Spectator: Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But personal attacks like those you gave above are both extremely childish and uncalled for.

If you have comments to make about the patch, then provide concrete examples. But to make fun of someone you do not know is hitting way below the belt.
Old February 20, 2002, 13:42   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:50
Yes Spec, keep this up and I'll have to put you on my ignore list as well. All your doing is adding fuel to the fire, with the end result being that you end up with even more of that "whining" you say you don't like.
Old February 20, 2002, 13:50   #4
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Willem
Yes Spec, keep this up and I'll have to put you on my ignore list as well. All your doing is adding fuel to the fire, with the end result being that you end up with even more of that "whining" you say you don't like.
I understand your point, I you are right, I'm sorry for my stupid remarks. But this goes the other way around also.
And I think my point was clearly made Up there.

Spec.
Old February 20, 2002, 13:56   #5
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 15:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Spectator
And I think my point was clearly made Up there.
Spec.
Good... then there is no need to continue a thread that is only bound to be turned into a flame fest.

If you have a like or dislike about the patch, features, whatever...
Fine. Discuss the TOPIC... don't just start threads that are basically... fan boys suck, or whiners suck. They serve NO purpose.