Old February 27, 2002, 02:33   #91
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
I'm betting on nothing else happen
And I'm betting that we will kick your asse$ on next winter Olympic games in Italy- on neutral ground.
Old February 27, 2002, 02:39   #92
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond
Have those miraculous Norwegian skiers, who won multiple gold, ever been checked? I never heard about that.
I've heard about this. The Norwegian skiers forced to use drugs which contains dopping, but it is only for medical purposes. Many people in Norge ski team are athmatics, and their doctors gives dopping to sportsman, but it's only for healing not for cheating, such use of dopping is not ilegal.
Old February 27, 2002, 02:41   #93
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 22:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Russians, I have told you before.

Nuke the bastards

The world will cheer

Old February 27, 2002, 02:44   #94
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
I would love to see you in texas in august when it is 115 =) who would be fragile then my little butterfly hahaha
I would like to see you in Siberia in July. In city were I live it is +45C at summer, and -40C at winter. Is +45C is equel to 115 F?
Butterfly you can see in mirror.

Last edited by Serb; February 27, 2002 at 02:54.
Old February 27, 2002, 02:48   #95
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Russians, I have told you before.

Nuke the bastards

The world will cheer

What kind of bastards are you talking about?
Just curious.

P.S. I think I know about whom are you talking about.
Old February 27, 2002, 02:50   #96
Kaak
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 14:59
i would like to see some documentation for 115 F in siberia

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."
Old February 27, 2002, 02:53   #97
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaak
i would like to see some documentation for 115 F in siberia
Come here and test it on your own skin.
It is usual summer temperature here: +25C to +45C at summer.
Old February 27, 2002, 02:54   #98
The Vagabond
Prince

Local Time: 20:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Serb

I've heard about this. The Norwegian skiers forced to use drugs which contains dopping, but it is only for medical purposes. Many people in Norge ski team are athmatics, and their doctors gives dopping to sportsman, but it's only for healing not for cheating, such use of dopping is not ilegal.
I love that. A team of asthmatics won multiple gold in skiing. LOL
Old February 27, 2002, 03:00   #99
Kaak
King

Serb, i'm hoping i'll have the chance. To come to russia atleast. I think i'll avoid siberia completely. My dad may start working there soon...

(on that note, if you feel like giving russian lessons, let me know )

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."
Old February 27, 2002, 03:07   #100
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
I think i'll avoid siberia completely.
Siberia is the name for huge territory. In diferent places of this territory climate is different. The climate in my city is different from say climate in Irkutsk, because it is a couple tousand miles away from my city, but both of them is located in Siberia.
So don't avoid it it's very beautyful place.
Old February 27, 2002, 03:15   #101
Kaak
King

serb, i realize i'm an american, but i'm not that ignorant of geography! I like cities better anyway. Big ones. with lot's of hot chicks. Perhaps you can come visit me in moscow or St. Petersburg

Old February 27, 2002, 03:36   #102
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 13:59
I think it is sad to see that many of the Russians still seem so caught up in the ideological battles of the cold war. I am also sad to see that they seem so bent on making themselves international laughingstocks.

"We protest this. We protest that. We protest sound, scientifically valid doping tests. We protest when you test more of our athletes for drugs than we expected. We protest when you catch our athletes at doping at inconvenient times. We protest reform of Olympic judging, let us stick with the old corrupt set up. We protest that we played very badly for the first two periods against the Americans in hockey. We protest our victory over the Czechs - oops! wait a minute! that last one was a mistake! If things don't always go the way we want them we will pick up all our marbles and go home."

Perhaps this whole 'protest' thing is as the first poster suggested, a classic case of somebody deciding that the best defence is a good offence. I just wish the Russians had figured that out in the first period of the hockey game against the US, instead of not waking up until the third period when they really started to play some fine hockey.
Old February 27, 2002, 03:58   #103
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
You're trying to get off on a technicality. It doesn't matter if all the teammates were tested, while the rules say only one should be tested. It still doesn't remove the fact that she was cheating!
Technicality? If a proof of a crime is obtained in an illegal way, it is dismissed, isn't it?

Besides, the very fact that after checking the first skier of the team they (illegally!) checked the second one nicely illustrates the whole unfair attitude towards Russia.
Old February 27, 2002, 03:59   #104
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 16:59
Man, you're a nutjob. I'm also rapidly beginning to believe that your country is inhabited entirely by nutjobs as well.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old February 27, 2002, 04:03   #105
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
And that's why the IOC took their medals away... PLEASE NOTE... the IOC, not the Americans, not the people at Apolyton, but the people responsible for enforcing the rules at the Olympics...
Perhaps, you will say that the IMF also carries out its own independent policy?
Old February 27, 2002, 04:08   #106
Kaak
King

KH: I think it's more that they aren't given all the facts. They are led to believe what the gov'ts want them to believe. Did you see that CNN poll about Osama? most arabs don't think that he did it, even though there is video evidence to prove it...

Old February 27, 2002, 04:13   #107
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 16:59
Vagabond lives in the States.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old February 27, 2002, 04:46   #108
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
Man, you're a nutjob. I'm also rapidly beginning to believe that your country is inhabited entirely by nutjobs as well.
Depending on what the hell "nutjob" means, I am either too much of a nutjob or too little of a nutjob to understand its meaning.

Moreover, since recently, I am not even sure what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Edit: I am starting to understand

Last edited by The Vagabond; February 27, 2002 at 07:29.
Old February 27, 2002, 05:12   #109
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by RedFred
I think it is sad to see that many of the Russians still seem so caught up in the ideological battles of the cold war.
There is absolutely nothing ideological in the Russian protests.

Quote:
I am also sad to see that they seem so bent on making themselves international laughingstocks.
Those who don't protest against the unfair treatment also end up in the international laughingstocks. It's the destiny anyways.

Quote:
"We protest this. We protest that. We protest sound, scientifically valid doping tests. We protest when you test more of our athletes for drugs than we expected. We protest when you catch our athletes at doping at inconvenient times. We protest reform of Olympic judging, let us stick with the old corrupt set up. We protest that we played very badly for the first two periods against the Americans in hockey. We protest our victory over the Czechs - oops! wait a minute! that last one was a mistake! If things don't always go the way we want them we will pick up all our marbles and go home."
You seem to forget that it is you, the Canadians, who started all this.

Quote:
Perhaps this whole 'protest' thing is as the first poster suggested, a classic case of somebody deciding that the best defence is a good offence. I just wish the Russians had figured that out in the first period of the hockey game against the US, instead of not waking up until the third period when they really started to play some fine hockey.
Completely agree with you about hockey. In retrospect, it seems quite clear that the final game Canada-Russia would have been much more interesting.
Old February 27, 2002, 05:22   #110
Serb
Emperor

Well done The Vagabond

You've gain few points for us.
I think we started to win slightly.

Last edited by Serb; February 27, 2002 at 06:04.
Old February 27, 2002, 05:26   #111
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
KH: I think it's more that they aren't given all the facts. They are led to believe what the gov'ts want them to believe.
It seems that it's you who wants to believe what you want to believe. Russia is a free country since long ago.

Quote:
Did you see that CNN poll about Osama? most arabs don't think that he did it, even though there is video evidence to prove it...
Do you seriously believe that people of different backgrounds should arrive at exactly the same conclusions upon receiving the same piece of information?
Old February 27, 2002, 05:29   #112
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 21:59
Quote:
serb, i realize i'm an american, but i'm not that ignorant of geography! I like cities better anyway. Big ones. with lot's of hot chicks. Perhaps you can come visit me in moscow or St. Petersburg
I've been in the Siberian capital Novosibirsk a couple of times. I confirm, the summers there can be really hot. And so are the chicks .
Old February 27, 2002, 05:31   #113
Kaak
King

Quote:
Do you seriously believe that people of different backgrounds should arrive at exactly the same conclusions upon receiving the same piece of information?
Well, I think that people of any number of backgrounds should be able to agree on a guilty party when that party agrees that they did it, and tells what they were thinking when they planned it...

Old February 27, 2002, 05:43   #114
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond

Technicality? If a proof of a crime is obtained in an illegal way, it is dismissed, isn't it?

Besides, the very fact that after checking the first skier of the team they (illegally!) checked the second one nicely illustrates the whole unfair attitude towards Russia.
I just want to add:
They do not found doping in her blood only hemoglobin little more then normal, and they allowed to Lazutina to run next distance on the next day, and only after last contest they found traces of doping. Next: they do not allowed to make substitution of Lazutina by other sportsman. Removal of our team was ilegal, absolutely ilegal.
They yoused a dirtiest means to remove our team, because on four previous Olympic Games our team win gold, and we have no competition in this discipline.
Old February 27, 2002, 05:49   #115
Kaak
King

Serb: Why would americans remove a major competitor from a sport in which we are not competitors at all? If it isn't going to be us, we don't care who wins...

Old February 27, 2002, 05:55   #116
Serb
Emperor

I've never said that this case was the american's conspiracy.
Our women ski team think that it was Norge who initiated this.
But it was good for Americans too. The less medal their competitor (Russia) in overall medal acount achieved the better for them.

Last edited by Serb; February 27, 2002 at 06:05.
Old February 27, 2002, 06:08   #117
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
If it isn't going to be us, we don't care who wins...
In other words you are agree that you care if it is going for americans.
Old February 27, 2002, 06:34   #118
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Serb
Well done The Vagabond

You've gain few points for us.
I think we started to win slightly.
Thanks. I also believe we've made some progress.
Old February 27, 2002, 06:42   #119
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 21:59
Hardly. I think most others just got tired. Who enjoys to discuss with a parrot?
Old February 27, 2002, 06:44   #120
Kaak
King

of course we care, but that doesn't mean we are going to fix anything...

as for:
Quote:
The less medal their competitor (Russia) in overall medal acount achieved the better for them.
umm...i'll check the medal totals again, but i don't think y'all were exactly what I would label a "competitor"