Old February 27, 2002, 13:17   #151
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 21:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Oh, that would mean to ban Serb as well, because in the thread you mentioned he called SieGermans "as$hole", "bastard" and twice sent him... (somewhere else) with the words "poshel ty na huy". Or do you think native insults do not count? Or that people here don't understand them?

Pomolkivaj-ka luchshe.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:18   #152
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To Datakodin
Zemlyac.
Ty kak vsegda vo vremya.

SieGermans- konchenyi mudak IMHO.

Last edited by Serb; February 27, 2002 at 13:52.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:22   #153
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 15:59
Sir Ralph... if you are aware of people abusing the use of another language, feel free to report it to the admin or mods.

We let people use other languages as a courtesy... If that courtesy is being abused that courtesy will stop.

I would hate to see everybody suffer because of a few specific posters actions! It is far better that the people that are abusing it are punished, and not everybody else.

Last edited by Ming; February 27, 2002 at 13:27.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:27   #154
Harovan
staff

Perhaps next time, Ming. I'm sure Serb will learn fair and respectful discussion.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:39   #155
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Oh, that would mean to ban Serb as well, because in the thread you mentioned he called SieGermans "as$hole", "bastard" and twice sent him... (somewhere else) with the words "poshel ty na huy". Or do you think native insults do not count? Or that people here don't understand them?

Pomolkivaj-ka luchshe.

Sir Ralph,
I’ve laughed five minutes after this post. Really.
If you noticed this man started it first. He insulted even not me, but Dry. He called me and not only me, but every man who was disagreed with him a quote: ”Complete f*cking idiot” and he used other no less offensive words. And I repeat he started it first. (It’s easy to check). I’ve just defended my buddy and myself, with words more understandable for people like him. But may be you are right I’ve shouldn’t drop to his level. But I’m enjoyed when I’ve send him to… well actually you know where I’ve send him. I think he deserve it.
P.S. Ralph do you really think that I’ve start this. Check this thread again please.
EDIT: Everybody who participated in that thread also felt the same about SieGermans, and used the same words as I’ve done, No one was able to ignore such as… sorry not intelligent person.

Last edited by Serb; February 27, 2002 at 13:50.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:46   #156
Serb
Emperor

Sir Ralph,
Can you translate those words of SieGermans for me please:
P.S. Küssen Sie meinen Esel, dummkopf.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:47   #157
Harovan
staff

Agreed, but the English insults are understood by the Mods and it's up to them whether to let it go or to step in. I neither want to defend SieGermans, nor to read this dull thread, but if you ask me... insults in native (non-english) languages at this board are somehow... cowardly. Don't you agree?
Old February 27, 2002, 13:50   #158
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Serb

Sir Ralph,
I’ve laughed five minutes after this post. Really.
If you noticed this man started it first.
I'm glad you think it's "funny"... but the owners of this site don't!

I don't care who started it first. If you have a problem with a poster, feel free to report the person so action can be taken.
By responding in kind, you are no better than the person you are complaining about.

Follow the rules, or you will be restricted!
Old February 27, 2002, 13:51   #159
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Küssen Sie meinen Esel, dummkopf.
Poceluy moego osla, durak.

As an insult this is rather childish. Nobody older than 5 years speaks so in Germany.
Old February 27, 2002, 13:57   #160
drake
King

Local Time: 16:59
I think cheating is too readily forgiven in general. Those using enhancers should all be ashamed to call themselves athletes. Those caught cheating in any way should be stripped of all medals ad barred from future competitions. Stop pussyfooting around and get serious.

It's a shame when someone has so little confidence in their ability that they feel they must cheat. Better to lose honestly than win a cheater....atleast thats the way it should be...theres too much emphasis on winning at all costs.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:01   #161
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
I neither want to defend SieGermans, nor to read this dull thread, but if you ask me... insults in native (non-english) languages at this board are somehow... cowardly. Don't you agree?
I suppose you know that Russian language is very rich for insults, if only I know English as well as Russian, then I’ve used English no doubt.
Quote:
feel free to report the person so action can be taken.
It is not in Russian traditions to do so, we prefer to deal with such persons by ourselves.
Quote:
Follow the rules, or you will be restricted!
Aaaa... Excuse me what rules?

P.S. Just kiding. Don't heart me, please!!!!! I don't know how I'll survive without Apolyton.
P.P.S Sir Ralph, Thanks for translation.

Last edited by Serb; February 27, 2002 at 14:13.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:05   #162
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
As an insult this is rather childish. Nobody older than 5 years speaks so in Germany.
I wonder if mind development of person who said this (you know about whom I’m talking) is more than 5 years.
Thanks again for translation, I was really curious about this.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:06   #163
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
It is not in Russian traditions to do so, we prefer to deal with such persons by ourselves.
Then you will just have accept what happens to you... because this isn't Russia...

Quote:
Aaaa... Excuse me what rules?
The posting FAQ... You are a "member" of this site. If you don't follow the rules... that membership will be taken away.

Quote:
P.S. Just kiding. Don't heart me, please!!!!! I don't know how I'll survive without Apolyton.
I'm glad you think it's cute... because the way you are going, you will probably have to survive without it.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:09   #164
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by drake
I think cheating is too readily forgiven in general. Those using enhancers should all be ashamed to call themselves athletes. Those caught cheating in any way should be stripped of all medals ad barred from future competitions. Stop pussyfooting around and get serious.

It's a shame when someone has so little confidence in their ability that they feel they must cheat. Better to lose honestly than win a cheater....atleast thats the way it should be...theres too much emphasis on winning at all costs.
Yeah, you are right.
Personally I am agreed with you.
But face the truth every, EVERY sportsman who participated in Olympic games use various medications.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:13   #165
Harovan
staff

Quote:
I suppose you know that Russian language is very rich for insults, if only I know English as well as Russian, then I’ve used English no doubt.
I think it would be better not to use any insults at all, wouldn't it? You and me already had long and hot discussions, do you remember? We did not always agree, but remained respectful. Nobody of us insulted the other. That should be the better way to communicate, between adults. And if you see, that somebody bullies your friend, and you don't want to be the denouncer, you are free to ask the offender, if he has some valuable arguments left, or just rants and insults.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:13   #166
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:

Yeah, you are right.
Personally I am agreed with you.
But face the truth every, EVERY sportsman who participated in Olympic games use various medications.
And what do you base this on... where is your proof. If EVERY person was doing so... why were only a few caught.
Why don't you face the "truth"....
Old February 27, 2002, 14:24   #167
Serb
Emperor

Quote:

I think it would be better not to use any insults at all, wouldn't it? You and me already had long and hot discussions, do you remember? We did not always agree, but remained respectful. Nobody of us insulted the other. That should be the better way to communicate, between adults.
Of courses I’ve remember and I respect you, because you’ve always defend your point of view with arguments.
Did I ever use insults in our discussions? Yes, sometimes I was too emotional, and may be sometimes I’ve pump too loud in my Russian chest, but I never insult a man if I respect him.
This “person” was really driving me mad, and I’ve dropped to his level. You right I’ve shouldn’t do so.
Quote:
And if you see, that somebody bullies your friend, and you don't want to be the denouncer, you are free to ask the offender, if he has some valuable arguments left, or just rants and insults.
He do not have any arguments, I've already knew that.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:29   #168
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

And what do you base this on... where is your proof. If EVERY person was doing so... why were only a few caught.
Why don't you face the "truth"....
As I’ve said earlier I think you are far away from sport. Or may be you pretend that you do not understand me.
I’ve said that every sportsman use medications. Do you know about legal and illegal medications? Do you know that line between them is very, VERY fragile.
The modern sport is contest sportsman as well it is a contest of pharmacists.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:33   #169
drake
King

Every sportsman doesnt use banned substances...gimme a damn break......there are people that still believe in honesty and fair play.....
Old February 27, 2002, 14:38   #170
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
I’ve said that every sportsman use medications. Do you know about legal and illegal medications? Do you know that line between them is very, VERY fragile.
And that is why there is a list of illegal medications that is provided to ALL those involved. If you use an illegal medication, you are cheating.
And that is why they test for illegal medications.
And it's good to see that only a few "sportsman" were caught using them.
Most athletes compete fairly. The ones that don't, shouldn't be allowed to compete.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:42   #171
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

"As I’ve said earlier I think you are far away from sport."

You've got that right. Ming is the one who deals with supermodels and other long-legged celebrities.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old February 27, 2002, 14:43   #172
Serb
Emperor

Quote:

Then you will just have accept what happens to you... because this isn't Russia....
I am seating in my home, look at my computer, Where I am?

Quote:
I'm glad you think it's cute... because the way you are going, you will probably have to survive without it
Already changed, it is sarcastic now!!! Feel better?
I’m curious about rules again. Is it allowed by rules that moderator might engage in discussions and might threat to his opponents that he can revoke the membership of his opponent?
Enlighten me please, your majesty.

P.S. Damn what I’ve just said, Oh no I am toast now
Old February 27, 2002, 14:46   #173
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by drake
Every sportsman doesnt use banned substances...gimme a damn break......there are people that still believe in honesty and fair play.....
Yes it is. I respect such people, but such people are rare. Majority is different.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:47   #174
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

"I am seating in my home, look at my computer, Where I am?"

You realize that all Ming needs to do is ping your IP to tell where you are at generally, right?
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old February 27, 2002, 14:50   #175
Serb
Emperor

Quote:

And that is why there is a list of illegal medications that is provided to ALL those involved. If you use an illegal medication, you are cheating.
And that is why they test for illegal medications.
You are thinking in right direction.
But check those two lists and you’ll see that difference between them is very fragile, very slight difference.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:52   #176
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
I am seating in my home, look at my computer, Where I am?
You are "visiting" the Apolyton Site. A privately owned web site.
They have the right to enforce any rules they see fit. If you don't like those rules, you don't have to visit.

Quote:
I’m curious about rules again. Is it allowed by rules that moderator might engage in discussions and might threat to his opponents that he can revoke the membership of his opponent?
Enlighten me please, your majesty.
First... I have had MANY discussions on this site... and I have never restricted anybody because they have disagreed with me.
If you will notice, I never said a word like that while we were arguing the merits of this thread.
However, once Sir Ralph pointed out rules violations, that is a different story. The owners of this site thought very carefully about whether other languages would be permited. It was agreed that we trust the members to abide by the rules no matter what language they use... and that we could also trust that other members would help police rules violations in other languages, so that other languages could continue to be used.

Quote:
P.S. Damn what I’ve just said, Oh no I am toast now
If you took the time to review the Apolyton Community Forum, or if you were an "old timer" here, you would know that just about every insult in English (and other languages) have been used against me... I've been called just about every name in the book.
And, nobody has ever been restricted for it.
I'm concerned about rules violations against other members and against this site. My rule is simple... call me what you want, but leave my family and other members of this site out of it.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:55   #177
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
"As I’ve said earlier I think you are far away from sport."

You've got that right. Ming is the one who deals with supermodels and other long-legged celebrities.
Celebrities?
Ming did you saw Arnold? He is amazing, the perfect example of real fair athlete. Everyone should be like him.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:55   #178
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
You are thinking in right direction.
But check those two lists and you’ll see that difference between them is very fragile, very slight difference.
The fact that there is a diffence is the key. I won't argue about how slight the difference is... or, whether there is any logic in which substance is legal or illegal.

However, the list is provided to everybody. And those are the rules everybody is playing by.
Old February 27, 2002, 15:08   #179
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Actually one of the drugs was not on the list due to it's, just recently being used for performance enhancement. I'm sure this drug (can't remember the name) will be on the list in the future, but it wasn't currently.

But there is a general clause about not using any performance enhanceing drugs and this was the clause they used. So there is actually some gray area here. Maybe not to me, but possible to others.

RAH
Old February 27, 2002, 15:10   #180
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

And just for grins, I read that the Russian President chastised the head of the Russian olympic team for not defending their athletes well enough during the games. At least they're starting to blame themselves. Or is this simple scapgoating? I mean it has to be SOMEONE"S fault.

RAH