Old February 28, 2002, 00:26   #31
duMa
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*grin* I've decided to be difficult or something.

To get here, I open my email and click the link. Occasionally I have trouble getting here, but it hasn't been a problem.

I want to keep it simple as possible, myself. Sending the save, sending out an email to everybody, checking the board and posting seems like an extra step too much.

Unless you're all extremely in agreeance with the extra email, I'm going to skip it.
Old February 28, 2002, 01:52   #32
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 14:04
As the CMN of some 25 games or so, I've little interest in getting 100 - 250 e-mails daily just saying that turns have been sent on.

I can visit the thread and see just where a turn is at, and who's delaying turnover etc.

And as a player in about 20 PBEMs in 3 forums I've never had a problem in bringing them up to post a turn. Only in PBEMs that weren't arranged thru a forum do I send emails to all players indicating that I have moved the turn along

Having said that, though, I'm three games where two of the players never post their yurns (nor e-mailed that they have moved them) and we seem to get along just fine - prolly 'cos three others of us post regularly.

Anyway - up to you guys. The thread is there for your convenience to use as you see fit

G.
Old February 28, 2002, 07:06   #33
Tom201
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:04
Hi,
well I would prefer sending eMails just to the next player and posting turns in the forum, cose I get eMail notification when someone has posted in the thread anyways.
But I could also live with eMail to everyone.

Ah, cose Im a PBEM noob just one more question before my turn starts - how nice we have to be to each other (or what is called a good behavior ):
Except the rules already posted everything allowed?
Means for example if I come across a undefendend city in the first few turns and then atack right away (which results in that player has lost already) is that ok? Or first wars have to wait at least 10 turns or something?

Tom
Old February 28, 2002, 12:56   #34
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 14:04
Generally there are no "behaviour" rules - if you see an undefended base, or a lone Artifact, feel free to jump right in and capture it.

Some players publicize in the thread the coastal boundaries they impose (e.g. "if i see a probe within three tiles of my shoreline, I'll destroy it") - that sort of thing. But it's not mandatory.

But, obviously, if you are a right b@st@rd from the start, your reputation will follow you.

G.