Old February 27, 2002, 14:02   #1
The Hun
Settler

Local Time: 15:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Top City calculations?
How are the Top 5 Cities determined?

London is still in the Top5 with 19pts and 2 Wonders. My Thebes has 32pts and 3 Wonders. I also have 3 others with 0-3 Wonders and >= 19 points.

It's just a feel good thing, but I'd like to be able to tweak my score (by micromanaging) to knock London off the list.
Old February 27, 2002, 14:09   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 17:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
As far as I know, the top five are determined by the total accumulated culture in those cities. In other words, London may be producing less culture than Thebes, but it may have produced more in the past, and it still has more total. But Thebes will pass it, as it is now producing much more (13/turn more, to be exact). Investigate london and look for the total culture bar at the top of the screen (i.e. 2431/10000). That will tell you how much total culture London has. Once Thebes passes London's total culture, it will bump it off the "top 5" list.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.