Old January 1, 2001, 17:22   #1
RollinThunda
Settler

Local Time: 00:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
more advanced city growth
in both the Civ1 and Civ2 the growth of the city is controled soley by the amount of food it gets. in real life there are other influences, most improtent economic ones, if a city is doing well finacily-either through trade or industry- more people will move there which for a while makes the city more prosperous, and there by attracting more people. Of course this dosn't last forever in an eternal cycle, something eventuly happens(my socio-econmicexperince is graet tnought to tell me what that is)which causes this to reverse and youl see the opposite effect, less economic growth, fewer peole comeing, or evan economic retardation and people leaveing in search of work elsewhere and eventuly this may be reversed so the economi/population growth is back on the upswing.

I haven't the slightes idea how to put this in the game but it would make it more realistic, you wouldn't have X numberof eternaly prosperous citys that could be used to sustain most of your empires operations.

------------------
Artillery is the god of war-Joseph Stallin
It is True that liberty is Precious, so Prescious it must be Rationed-V.I.Lennin
Old January 1, 2001, 23:15   #2
thor015
Settler

I see your point, but I don't see how that may work. Like you said you weren't sure how to put it in. I think if put in it could make for a little bit too much difficulty. definatley more realistic but maybe too realistic.
Old January 2, 2001, 00:26   #3
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Also maybe a bit too much micromanagement with this but heck. If you could have the three sectors of a city as in Simcity industry residential and commercial and you should be able to invest some of your empires gold into building up industry and also the ability to use the cities shield production or empires PW (public works)
into building it up. the more industry the more residential growth so your city grows.Commercial sectors should be able to be invested in like industry but the ratio of residential to commercial would determine the efficiency of the commercila sectors eg if you have a huge res. sector and a tiny commercial sector the commecrial sector will be at almost 100% efficiency but if you have tiny res. and huge comm. then the efficiency will be down below 40-50%.
Also city improvements should be able to be built that build up a sector or increase it's efficiency.
The industrial sector should have the same type of efficiency as commercial i.e. no labor = lower efficiency.but un-employment = higher effic.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old January 2, 2001, 06:12   #4
Deathwalker
Prince

Good idea, but it would be hard to include.

------------------
I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow