Old March 2, 2002, 12:51   #1
klesh
King

Local Time: 17:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FMK's Bunker Controll System Hacked!!!
Yup,

Some bastard managed to hack my computer yesterday. My ISP then shut me down 'cause this guy was sending out thousands of emails from my addy. I have sorted it all out, and am back up at full speed.

I have no idea whom they all went to, nor what was contained in them, but if anyone gets an email from me with the subject: "Hey :)" I advise just trashing it imediatamente.

However, fear not kindly Stalingrad awaiters... nothing on my system itself was messed with, and as far as I can tell the pc is running fine. But would you believe it... last night after making the final little update before this current long awaited playtest phase, as I zip the last file and get ready to send it out... my damn ISP is gone. I almost threw my sytem out the window. The updates' subject line will be 'Stalingrad', so dont delete that.

So yeah, just delete this jokers email spam if you get it. I hope no one here does.

Thanks,
-FMK.
Old March 4, 2002, 17:58   #2
Leonidas
King

Local Time: 21:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Glad to hear everything's OK FMK.

I'm anxious to try you're new scenario.

Re hackers: they CAN be tracked down. Every piece of trash they send out has a "signature" on it. If you take a sample of the email that was sent to you, to a computer security person, they will be able to identify the culprit for you