Old April 4, 2002, 21:11   #301
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Okay, I've done two more posts to move the Cadre part along a bit.

Mr. President: Can we do some stuff on Menelaus's arrival at Vega?

History Guy: I'm sure our security forces would delighted to receive Mr Ku .

EDIT: Cool, I just did the 300th post!
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2002, 22:09   #302
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Kass- I like the idea of M.I.A. doing in Kvaerner. I'll reveal it later on...

There are no cruisers at Samnos, just a frigate. There are three cruisers and a dreadnought at Naxos.

Sprayber-- They are coperate sector!! Man, I forgot about your ships in the region! Maybe Spartan intervention will come quicker than you think...Protectorate guys might be around the region too, and they already want to have mediation here...

Cyber- OK, I hear ya! Constantin, I think, would have been conceived in around January, and in the story it's about early March now, so I'd say there's still quite a few posts until he comes into the story.

I would appreciate it if you wrote about the Quantum Shadow...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2002, 22:28   #303
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 16:16
History Guy: I thought so

Kass: Expect a heavy Spartan fleet to be in the area of the planets. It's under the command of Admiral Paiktis. He is younger than most Spartan Admirals, only 200 years old

I sent the messages to the TA and the EC. About the eluding to Hive involvement. That was sort of a bluff on Kessel's part. He has no solid evidence of Hive involvement. Hey, to Kessel it just sounds like something Yang would try and do.

As you can tell Kessel is very much against aliens. Sparta has no alien races in its accepted ranks. There is one alien race within spartan borders but they are planet bound and primitive(something the Spartans make sure of). In fact the idea is currently being tossed around about relocating them to other planets outside Spartan territory.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2002, 22:32   #304
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Okay, I've done two more posts to move the Cadre part along a bit.

Mr. President: Can we do some stuff on Menelaus's arrival at Vega?

History Guy: I'm sure our security forces would delighted to receive Mr Ku .

EDIT: Cool, I just did the 300th post!
General.. I was looking at some earlier posts and found where you asked about moving the cadre's arival at your planet back and that is a good idea. Sorry I didn't see it earlier, but since I was in germany there were many things I missed. Go ahead and go with the idea that they arrived earlier, 50 years or so I think you stated.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 4, 2002, 22:34   #305
Sprayber
Emperor

Just curious General, what part of Australia are you from. I know people in Melbourne.

*watch General be from Perth on the opposite side of the country
Old April 4, 2002, 23:22   #306
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Spray: Yeah, I moved the dates back quite a while ago. As for where I live - it is Melbourne!
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2002, 01:48   #307
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 17:16
Kass, and History Guy

Made a post regarding ya fellas!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2002, 03:07   #308
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
Hive attack will be posted tomorrow (Friday).

I will probably post @ 2:00 pm PST. Today is Thursday 9:11 pm PST.

History Guy- I will launch the attack but when you do your post, please do not destroy the Admiral.

My post will end with the fighting still going on.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2002, 03:40   #309
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 07:16
OK, here goes:

General Tacticus, we can certainly do some stuff with Menelaus arriving at Vega. Did you know I live in Melbourne too?

Now as for the Temple, they're going to go and take a look at one of the planets that the sentience showed Gary. That's about as far ahead as I'd thought.
Old April 5, 2002, 08:02   #310
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
Kass - it all seems clear. But you wouldn't mind if sometime in the future we blow Maya up into tiny pieces...
All in due time, my friend.

Quote:
* The prison ship from Titan - should I post anything or should I leave it all to Kass (poor Kass - all this stuff pilled up for him to deal with... )
I was thinking; Sym would probably hang around with Greg and Filkins 'till Earth...? Of course, the Hive could intervene and rescue him from the two

Lonestar: Gonna read it anytime soon.

History:

Just one single frigate? One single lousy frigate? One frigate, one single frigate? One frigate? One?

Damn, I was hoping for a nice, little, epic space battle like in the good old times of Return of the Jedi
One frigate... I'd like to see the face of that Captain when our Battle Squadron, and the Hive forces arrive...
(I was planning on having several Battle Squadrons, and Battle Carriers there, remember the Ragnarok thingie, but heck, they'd take over that moon with a handful of Battleships...)

Ok, but now I must read the story.
Old April 5, 2002, 10:53   #311
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
One problem that will come up is that of the PKs. They are a large player in the human systems. I can see the Gaians and Cyborgs staying out of it, but the PK are just too big of a player to remain silant especially since they lie between everyone that is fighting. The Terrans should remember that even though the PK may be democratic and peace loving they won't allow the Terrans to become too large. I would bet even Yang figures that he will have to fight then eventually.
What is wrong with the Terrans? geez sure there is this manifest destiny about, but not going to happen for quite awhile. Right now, the goal is to have the Terran Alliance become a super power...which isn't base solely on how much territory you control...but mainly on capabilities and politics.
Right now, they are only going to war with the Morganites ONLY... they are not declaring war on everyone, geez... if there is a war between the Terrans and Spartans, and so on, it would be the Spartans' and so on's fault. It is the Morganites fault they got into war with the Terrans, thinking they can simply enter Sol and try to take out a Member without taking the DIplomatic path. No player as ever discussed the impacts, and i chose to be quiet as TA's needs someone to declare war on, for a good reason.

as for human wide war... I am only interested in having TA take three morganite systems, proving they are a force to be reckon with and not one to push around... Doubt the Peacekeepers will tolerate military actions within their territory, and then accuse to be agressors because they went to stop it.... it is the other players decision wether they want to take on the Terrans or not.... TA will not be declaring war for the sake of conquering...they have declared war because they have been attacked and loss a system. Chironians will be very screwed up people if they see the Terrans as agressors when they are not the one who start the war!!! and nothing wrong in retaliating by taking some systems. I am sure the Chironians have a lot of experience in such matters, and that the Peacekeepers have a lot of mediation experiences.

I can the peacekeepers do something around the all out human wars happening all around them...and i would think they would worry more about the Spartans, Hive and the newly known Protectorate then a war the Morganites brought to themselves. Sure they may have opinions concerning the Terran Alliance and its members, like InEn where some factions see them as "terrorists"....and then jump to the ignorant and arrogant idea that TA must be all terrorists and evil for defending them....... Peacekeepers will be smart enough to know that you can't simply enter ones territory to go "terrorist" hunting within another's territory... like come on! or follow the stupid idea that the rest of TA are aggressors and evil for trying to defend Callisto. Peacekeepers does recognize the Terran Alliance because they succeeded in unite the factions in Sol into one common goal and so on.... which the Chironian factions wasn't able to achieve. Sure TA and the terrans in general is not perfect...but who is?

Anyway, I have mention of the problems within TA that will happen, which will lead to good reforms and changes which Peacekeepers will support along with gaining the status of Super-Power. As for the manifest destiny, it is just some idea which so many Chironians make to much of a big deal or misenterpret. manifest destiny idea started after a Fraal accidently made the comment that the Terran Alliance eventually unite all of humanity...which some humans who overheard and started making a big thing, then the idea being discussed a lot in the media and so on, which other factions ended up learning from...tied with the past re-contact between some coalition people and gaians...where the coalition, being oversilly as they are, think and said it that Chiron belong to Earth. anyway, the idea is an quite an popular idea which other factions made to much of a big deal to the point of it changing their policies concerning the Terrans in general. Sure Kerensky believes very much on the idea, but he doesn't believe it will be achieved by force.... sure he is using force and hoping the opportunity to effectivelly use the TAF, but mainly to prove to the rest of humanity that they are not weak, that TA won't be push around and to make TA more attractive to join. while doing that, also hope to achieve some good changes and reforms within TA, so won't be as loose and pulled down by silly politics, internal squabbles, member going off doing their on thing like instigate war and so on. TA and Peacekeepers relations will improve if TA can prove themselves to be worthy, and how they do things. I don't see the peackeepers making a big deal about the manifest destiny which other factions make a big deal of...unless TA proves that they are the hypocritical inhuman militaristic police state conquering type, which other factions simply Assumes. I see the Peacekeepers the more wisest of the Chironian factions, a faction who achieve quite a strong federation and succeeded in toning down if not eliminated the negative effects of bureaucracy.

Now Sprayber, stop trying to get the Peacekeepers go against the Terrans as well....they are not paranoid Spartans who like to assume and misunderstand the Terran Alliance I will fight to the end concerning the relations between TA and PK, and me and Kass knowns how we want to form the Terran Alliance....not formed by others views meaning, stop assuming that TA will join some axis alliance and wage all out war. There won't be an Pact with the Hive either, geez maybe a temporary military alliance against a common foe, but TA...atleast Kerensky and the TAF, won't allow themselves and TA to be manipulated by Hive and others.

Also people, USA seem to have this manifest destiny idea that Canada will be part of their country at some point....which isn't a big of deal these days...as right not is very unlikely that USA will conquer or absorb Canada anytime soon.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2002, 10:59   #312
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
About Battle of Samnos

I was thinking - now the ECSN is in place - so what about the Hive comes in now?

Also, I believe I have responded to any possible message. I have declared war on the MI, officially, and the Conclave.
Don't declare war on the Conclave!!! and ECSN isn't leading the attacks, TAF is just to say.

Quote:
The Novan clan shall be next in line, aye?
I haven't read what History use them for, but you can't declare war on mercenaries! and declaring war on a Pirate clan is oversilly.

-LMP
Old April 5, 2002, 11:58   #313
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Yeah, thanks, Lonestar. In my next pst (space battle) Morgan will tip you off that the Hive is...currently attacking our holdings in the coperate sector!!!

Franky-- I wasn't going to blast Admiral Bippol to a pulp, but I will blast some lower officers to a pulp, I tell ya...

Kass-- Yeah, one frigate, and 16 fighters, 14 orbital platforms, and one orbital cannon. It ain't much, but it'll take down some ships. Those platforms are armed with ship busters, which'll probably take down several of your ships with a single shot, seeing as how there are so many that are packed so closely in, with the Hive fleet nearby. I'd say you'll win, but you'll lose a lot of men, like the Morganites. Whenever they seem to win anything they lose about 1/4 of their guys...I think that's what'll happen to you when you get down on Samnos. I hope you can land troops there too, as there are elite militia regiments garrisoning, and they have...underground bunkers!!

When you go to Naxos, you'll have an epic space battle, trust me. And remember, Spartans are in the region, and they are already anti-Hive, and remember that they have sworn to defend their allies. Remember also that the Protectorate hates the Hive as well...

Quote:
like InEn where some factions see them as "terrorists"....and then jump to the ignorant and arrogant idea that TA must be all terrorists and evil for defending them....... Peacekeepers will be smart enough to know that you can't simply enter ones territory to go "terrorist" hunting within another's territory... like come on! or follow the stupid idea that the rest of TA are aggressors and evil for trying to defend Callisto.
Thanks LMP.

What's wrong with thinking of InEn as terrorists?

We never thought that TA was aggressive for defending Callisto, we just wanted to kill as many InEn guys as possible, and avoiding killing as many Earthers as possible. The Coalition did nothing against these InEn pigs, so we had to take matters into our own hands. I sure would have liked to hear that attacking InEn was a stupid idea when it was suggested to me that I do it...
Old April 5, 2002, 14:03   #314
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Cyber- OK, I hear ya! Constantin, I think, would have been conceived in around January, and in the story it's about early March now, so I'd say there's still quite a few posts until he comes into the story.

I would appreciate it if you wrote about the Quantum Shadow...
OK, so how many posts till "March"?

Will start writing about the Arrival of Quantum Shadow, but what should I say about the Morganites? Who will greet them? I suggest this:

* The ship leaves FTL space
* Starts broadcasting

Then what?
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2002, 14:36   #315
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
What is wrong with the Terrans? geez sure there is this manifest destiny about, but not going to happen for quite awhile. Right now, the goal is to have the Terran Alliance become a super power...which isn't base solely on how much territory you control...but mainly on capabilities and politics.
Right now, they are only going to war with the Morganites ONLY... they are not declaring war on everyone, geez... if there is a war between the Terrans and Spartans, and so on, it would be the Spartans' and so on's fault. It is the Morganites fault they got into war with the Terrans, thinking they can simply enter Sol and try to take out a Member without taking the DIplomatic path. No player as ever discussed the impacts, and i chose to be quiet as TA's needs someone to declare war on, for a good reason.
Mellian, do you think the the Terrans would actually think that the Spartans would just set back as an ally of it's got attacked. I dont' know how Terrans treat their allies, but the Spartans tend to support them. The Chiron factions seem to have one major advantage, thats in that they think more in the long term since they live far longer. The Terrans want everything now while the Chiron factions know that the long term is more important. The Spartans sent three messages informing the Terrans that Sparta would honor it's pacts, any war will be because the Terrans didn't listen. And the Spartans have very long memories.

Quote:
as for human wide war... I am only interested in having TA take three morganite systems, proving they are a force to be reckon with and not one to push around... Doubt the Peacekeepers will tolerate military actions within their territory, and then accuse to be agressors because they went to stop it.... it is the other players decision wether they want to take on the Terrans or not.... TA will not be declaring war for the sake of conquering...they have declared war because they have been attacked and loss a system. Chironians will be very screwed up people if they see the Terrans as agressors when they are not the one who start the war!!! and nothing wrong in retaliating by taking some systems. I am sure the Chironians have a lot of experience in such matters, and that the Peacekeepers have a lot of mediation experiences.
It doesnt matter what the intentions of the Terrans are when they declare war. When they attack another power with allies, they shouldn't be surprised when those allies declare war. From the Morgan poit of view, they were attacked by a TA member, the TA did nothing about it. Then they were attacked again at a peace confernce by the same TA member, the TA still did nothing So they attacked that TA member only. If the TA had resolved the issue, there would have been no conflict. Did the TA not act in order to start a war, or was it just bad governing on the TA's part?

Quote:
I can the peacekeepers do something around the all out human wars happening all around them...and i would think they would worry more about the Spartans, Hive and the newly known Protectorate then a war the Morganites brought to themselves. Sure they may have opinions concerning the Terran Alliance and its members, like InEn where some factions see them as "terrorists"....and then jump to the ignorant and arrogant idea that TA must be all terrorists and evil for defending them....... Peacekeepers will be smart enough to know that you can't simply enter ones territory to go "terrorist" hunting within another's territory... like come on! or follow the stupid idea that the rest of TA are aggressors and evil for trying to defend Callisto. Peacekeepers does recognize the Terran Alliance because they succeeded in unite the factions in Sol into one common goal and so on.... which the Chironian factions wasn't able to achieve. Sure TA and the terrans in general is not perfect...but who is?
No one is perfect, but a legit governing body has a responsibility to control it's borders and those entities that operate within its borders. If the TA or EC could not or would not do this, then the Morgans would have to take matters in their own hands. Thats the whole issue. If the TA wants to be recognized as power, then the first step is to control it's people. There never would have been any conflict if that would have happened

Quote:
Anyway, I have mention of the problems within TA that will happen, which will lead to good reforms and changes which Peacekeepers will support along with gaining the status of Super-Power. As for the manifest destiny, it is just some idea which so many Chironians make to much of a big deal or misenterpret. manifest destiny idea started after a Fraal accidently made the comment that the Terran Alliance eventually unite all of humanity...which some humans who overheard and started making a big thing, then the idea being discussed a lot in the media and so on, which other factions ended up learning from...tied with the past re-contact between some coalition people and gaians...where the coalition, being oversilly as they are, think and said it that Chiron belong to Earth. anyway, the idea is an quite an popular idea which other factions made to much of a big deal to the point of it changing their policies concerning the Terrans in general. Sure Kerensky believes very much on the idea, but he doesn't believe it will be achieved by force.... sure he is using force and hoping the opportunity to effectivelly use the TAF, but mainly to prove to the rest of humanity that they are not weak, that TA won't be push around and to make TA more attractive to join. while doing that, also hope to achieve some good changes and reforms within TA, so won't be as loose and pulled down by silly politics, internal squabbles, member going off doing their on thing like instigate war and so on. TA and Peacekeepers relations will improve if TA can prove themselves to be worthy, and how they do things. I don't see the peackeepers making a big deal about the manifest destiny which other factions make a big deal of...unless TA proves that they are the hypocritical inhuman militaristic police state conquering type, which other factions simply Assumes. I see the Peacekeepers the more wisest of the Chironian factions, a faction who achieve quite a strong federation and succeeded in toning down if not eliminated the negative effects of bureaucracy.
Does the TA expect the Chiron factions to simply trust the TA and take their word for it? The PKs aren't going to attack the TA but don't think they will simply roll over and sing the praises of Earth. The Pks have created their own society quite nicely without any help from the Terrans. They have their own vision of where humanity should be going and it's not necessarly under the banner of the TA. Never did I say that the PKs will attack the TA, I'm just saying don't count too much on the PKs being so anxious in following along. They will do what is good for their interests. And more than anything, that is keeping the peace. After all they are still the Peacekeepers

Quote:
Now Sprayber, stop trying to get the Peacekeepers go against the Terrans as well....they are not paranoid Spartans who like to assume and misunderstand the Terran Alliance I will fight to the end concerning the relations between TA and PK, and me and Kass knowns how we want to form the Terran Alliance....not formed by others views meaning, stop assuming that TA will join some axis alliance and wage all out war. There won't be an Pact with the Hive either, geez maybe a temporary military alliance against a common foe, but TA...atleast Kerensky and the TAF, won't allow themselves and TA to be manipulated by Hive and others.
Your still under the assumption that your view of the TA should be shared by all. All of those things may well be true, but you can't expect the Spartans or even the other factions to share the same view. The US thinks of itself as a country only interested in fosterind good will and all the usual good stuff, but it doesn't matter if countries like Iraq or even some of it's allies see things differently. It's not a matter of how you self yourself, it's a matter of how others see you. And right now the Spartans and Morgans see you as not caring that YOUR people fired on Morgans not once but twice and did nothing about it. And now the TA gets all self rightous when the Morgans attack those that killed their citizens. And we also see you helping long time enemies in the hive. It doen't matter if it is short term or long term, you are none the less acting in concert with them. Again, Chiron factions tend to look at the long term picture. And to them the TA looks more like the Protectorate and Hive then they do the PKs. What the PKs think is yet to be seen, but remember there has been no major war for over a hundred years, now all of a sudden the TA decides that they must take matters into their own hands. And there is still the little matter of Manifest Destiny. It may be benign to the TA, but to those that are it's neighbors such words are not to be taken lightly. You can very well take systems from Morgan, but don't think the Spartans are gonna say gee, they deserve to be a power. With power comes many new enemies.

Quote:
Also people, USA seem to have this manifest destiny idea that Canada will be part of their country at some point....which isn't a big of deal these days...as right not is very unlikely that USA will conquer or absorb Canada anytime soon.-LMP
But The US hasn't declared war on on the UK or other Canadian allies either. Jokes or people talking isn't of much concern by themselves, but when taken in context of fleets and armies on the move, such talk should be taken seriously. We had a talks of Manifest Destiny many years ago. It was accompanied with soldiers in Mexico City.

Last edited by Sprayber; April 5, 2002 at 14:53.
Old April 5, 2002, 14:51   #316
Sprayber
Emperor

I would like to address the issue of superpowers. Exactly what do you mean when you say Superpower?

Last edited by Sprayber; April 5, 2002 at 15:09.
Old April 5, 2002, 15:52   #317
Lonestar
inmate
King

Well, the Protectorate is strong, but we ain't no superpower. More like "Try to avoid being noticed and signed alliances that make us indestructible" Power.
Old April 5, 2002, 16:02   #318
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Well, the Protectorate is strong, but we ain't no superpower. More like "Try to avoid being noticed and signed alliances that make us indestructible" Power.
I was kind of thinking along the same lines. The only real superpowers are the aliens. Each of the human powers are limited on what they can do and sustain. Sparta is basically dedicated to the military but there is only so much they can do. The best way to deal with a superpower is to keep it from becomming one. Maybe the Protectorate would be interested in making sure Earth isn't one. I know Sparta is.
Old April 5, 2002, 16:49   #319
Sprayber
Emperor

History Guy: Check your PMs
Old April 5, 2002, 18:20   #320
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

Maybe the Protectorate would be interested in making sure Earth isn't one. I know Sparta is.
Well, "We" just offered to mediate a end to the conflict...
Old April 5, 2002, 21:22   #321
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16

*Yang smiles at the chaos erupting in the discussion thread*

Anyway, it seems that I will have to post my attack on Samnos either later on today, or tomorrow (Saturday). I will not have access to a comp until then.

Sorry!

I hope you people got MY PM's.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2002, 23:05   #322
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan

*Yang smiles at the chaos erupting in the discussion thread*

Well, just remember that when the Spartans and Morganites throw a wrench into things It will be something to behold
Old April 6, 2002, 00:34   #323
History Guy
King

Cyber-- Well, a Morganite diplomatic ship will hook up with you guys and trade all that tech after you send your signals.

Spray-- You and I, we's a plottin'!
Old April 6, 2002, 03:09   #324
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Mellian, do you think the the Terrans would actually think that the Spartans would just set back as an ally of it's got attacked. I dont' know how Terrans treat their allies, but the Spartans tend to support them. The Chiron factions seem to have one major advantage, thats in that they think more in the long term since they live far longer. The Terrans want everything now while the Chiron factions know that the long term is more important. The Spartans sent three messages informing the Terrans that Sparta would honor it's pacts, any war will be because the Terrans didn't listen. And the Spartans have very long memories.
Sprayber, why do you like to make assumptions? they bad for your health Sure TA expects the Spartans to honor their pact, but it will be the Spartans who are the aggressors because TA hasn't declared war on the Spartans and TA hasn't started the war with the Morganites. (TA vs MI, not InEn vs MI, there is a difference). Also, TAF won't attack any Spartan ships that happen to be in one or two of the systems they will be attacking until the Spartans attack first, and will send comm message to the ships that they are not there for the spartans...officially making the Spartans the aggressors if, and most likely, attack the TA ships. Now, to start up the Coalition and TAF friction, the Coalition ships will be sent to face the Spartans, making the first targets for them....so if the Spartans tries to take advantage of TA's won't attack them policy to get closer before they attack, Coalition ships will go down...and since Kerensky knows the lack of discipline in the COalition Navy compare to the TAF, they will be trigger happy so if Coalition shoots first because the Spartans is starting to get to close, it will be ECSN that will be blamed like i said before, war will not be souly Military, but a Diplomatic one as well.... Kerensky is the master strategist! The Spartans will be the ones in the Bad all the way.... as TA isn't the Aggressor of the War. and seriously doubt the Peacekeepers will support the Spartans SoG will be attacked, as they are MERCENARIES hired by the MORGANITES... so Officially, the Conclave cannot be at fault..... so if KASS declared war on them.... better make it a Coalition Faux Pas.

Quote:
It doesnt matter what the intentions of the Terrans are when they declare war. When they attack another power with allies, they shouldn't be surprised when those allies declare war.
Stop making assumptions.... and I already said several times before that TA and Kerensky know what to expect of the Spartans...and they taking that to their advantage politicly... especially when TA is only retaliating. TA isn't stupid and STOP assuming so, it is annoying Don't have the time to repeat all of the time. Morganites is the Aggressor, and if the Spartans and Drones help... will officially be considered a Gang Up..... SO, seriously doesn't make sense of the Peacekeepers to be part of the Gang Up when they against such things, unless the one being attacked is the aggressor and/or evil like the Hive that is willing to commit atrocities.

Quote:
From the Morgan poit of view, they were attacked by a TA member, the TA did nothing about it. Then they were attacked again at a peace confernce by the same TA member, the TA still did nothing So they attacked that TA member only. If the TA had resolved the issue, there would have been no conflict. Did the TA not act in order to start a war, or was it just bad governing on the TA's part?
yes, MORGAN POINT OF VIEW.... and they have no proof that TA didn't do anything...or proof that TA WASN'T in the process to do anything about it... Morganites also didn't give much of a chance for TA to do much about it when they simply decided to go in and attack Callisto. MI chose Military action over Diplomacy...and ended up attacking Coalition and TAF.... Anyway, TA wouldn't look good if they Declared War over the Callisto situation, which as been brought on by InEn and so on... and TA was in the process to deal with InEn, which is why they are going to be Asorbed into the TAF... TA is Declaring War over Morganite Aggression when they took Capella, which had nothing to do with the MI vs InEn issue. SO, if the Spartans attacks TA in the defence of MI under the MI vs InEn incidents, then the Spartans will be in the Bad because TA didn't consider war on the morganites until they took Capella which had nothing to do with the MI vs InEn issues. Before I forget, do remember that the Coalition told InEn to cease fire on the Morganite Courier, and TAF will eventually acquire the knowledge that the Captain also undermined the orders to destroy the Courier.

Quote:
No one is perfect, but a legit governing body has a responsibility to control it's borders and those entities that operate within its borders. If the TA or EC could not or would not do this, then the Morgans would have to take matters in their own hands. Thats the whole issue. If the TA wants to be recognized as power, then the first step is to control it's people. There never would have been any conflict if that would have happened
There wouldn't be a War if the Morganites didn't take Capella...which TA will be retaliating over. Also, don't remember reading any diplo posts from the Morganites concerning InEn to TA. Also, I did said that TA was a loose alliance of various Sol factions, and it is the first time they had such a problem. Now, Kerensky is making things tighter, so member don't go off doing crazy things that may effect TA without proper consent by the Council. Also, just because a player didn't do any actions to try to fix the problem doesn't mean we can simply assume they weren't doing anything. Events did happen one after the other quite quickly too just to say.

Quote:
Does the TA expect the Chiron factions to simply trust the TA and take their word for it? The PKs aren't going to attack the TA but don't think they will simply roll over and sing the praises of Earth. The Pks have created their own society quite nicely without any help from the Terrans. They have their own vision of where humanity should be going and it's not necessarly under the banner of the TA. Never did I say that the PKs will attack the TA, I'm just saying don't count too much on the PKs being so anxious in following along. They will do what is good for their interests. And more than anything, that is keeping the peace. After all they are still the Peacekeepers
No, because unlike you, i don't assume TA doesn't expect the PKs to follow them, but don't expect the PKs to be much of a problem either. Now, if PK were to mediate the situation, they wouldn't support the Morganites actions, even if a TA member went awall and try to do their own thing...which kass and I figure out some good reason why they would instigate hostilities....because that problem could of been better resolved via diplomacy and the whole problem became a side note when the Morganites decided to take Capella.

Quote:
Your still under the assumption that your view of the TA should be shared by all. All of those things may well be true, but you can't expect the Spartans or even the other factions to share the same view.
I Know and I wasn't making that assumption...i wasn't making any assumptions at all. Just debating the matter on what would be the Peacekeepers take and just stating that I doubt the PKs will simply support the Chironians views of the Terrans because the rest of the main chironian factions does. Also, i didn't expect other big chironian factions to simply not consider the serious diplomatic and political effects of the matter...to atleast know that that TA exist and isn't runned by the Coalition, that TAF exist and shouldn't be ignored either. I am also saying what TA is doing and their reasoning...and so on.

Quote:
And right now the Spartans and Morgans see you as not caring that YOUR people fired on Morgans not once but twice and did nothing about it. And now the TA gets all self rightous when the Morgans attack those that killed their citizens.
Gee, for a faction who has agents in TA sure doesn't watch the TA media all that much do they? Should have obvious hints that the COuncil was discussing the matter.

Quote:
And we also see you helping long time enemies in the hive. It doen't matter if it is short term or long term, you are none the less acting in concert with them.
How in the bloody world is TA or any of its members helping the HIVE? Why would they? I can see the Coalition doing so behind TA back, which will become a liability and create friction with the TAF... but no one in TA is actually helping the Hive... more like the Hive is trying to help the Terrans... Can't the Spartans see that????? Oh no! the terrans are talking to the Hive, they must making joint plans to conquer Sparta.... like come on, paranoia does have limits.

Quote:
Again, Chiron factions tend to look at the long term picture. And to them the TA looks more like the Protectorate and Hive then they do the PKs.
how can you even relate TA to Hive and the Protectorate??? I think the spartans is foussing on the Coalition to much and would think they notice that other members won't allow such things to happen, base on history and current attitudes.

Quote:
What the PKs think is yet to be seen, but remember there has been no major war for over a hundred years, now all of a sudden the TA decides that they must take matters into their own hands.
Now, would the Spartans and Peacekeepers allow other factions do military actions within their territory without any authourization? would they not retaliate if some other faction takes over a system out of nowhere? The attitude you people are portraying the Chironians is that they see the Terrans as second-class citizens and don't deserve to do anything against their bullying. That is overly silly and those Chironian factions will get a big surprise, which i plan to do.

Quote:
And there is still the little matter of Manifest Destiny. It may be benign to the TA, but to those that are it's neighbors such words are not to be taken lightly. You can very well take systems from Morgan, but don't think the Spartans are gonna say gee, they deserve to be a power. With power comes many new enemies.
Yes, I know, but don't expect TA to roll over for the Spartans either. Also, don't see me overly critizing Spartans or others actions with good reasons. I have stated TA's reasons for its actions so kass and others knows as players on what they are up to... don't freakin critisize them for nothing. Also, pretty silly for factions to make a big deal about the manifest destiny when they themselves would go off tkaing any opportunities to have all others under their banners.

other note, getting bit tired to need to repeat somethings, and getting the same arguments when i don't have the bloody time. Still not up to speed with the story or able to do much to add anything. Sorry for being defensive, but slightly annoyed with the so many assumptions of TA... sure maybe your factions may do so, but doesn't players should do the same. They shouldn't be intimidated by TA either, because nothing will go according to plan...and that is the fun of it. fun to adapt and rethink...which make long term planning useless.... better off doing short term plans towards some goals... right now, TA's actions will be to declare war and retaliate, and what is the big deal about that, hmmm? sure they may get systems, but doesn't mean they will simply be off on a unstoptable conquering spree. sure morganite allies will come help, but i have considered that and my ideas are base around those factors. I DO consider everything people, don't have to worry, geez

-LMP
Old April 6, 2002, 03:16   #325
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Ah, that reminds me - I was hoping that the story would take a little twist later on, with an immense external threat, like the Borg in ST - TNG. What do you think of that?
can start out like that... makes sense to send a suicidal recon force

-LMP
Old April 6, 2002, 03:19   #326
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Kass, as the Protectorate has offered to Morgan Intersteller to mediate the TA/EC-MI/Believers/Saturnia conflict, can I have a Protectorate vessel arrive in the Sol System and reveal/offer to mediate?
Kerensky distrusts the Hive, but will distrust the Protectorate even more as they know nothing about... sure the Coalition will jump in to reply behind TA back...but TAF won't be to please to have an advance battleship to show up in sol out of nowhere.

-LMP
Old April 6, 2002, 03:25   #327
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Don't declare war on the Conclave!!! and ECSN isn't leading the attacks, TAF is just to say.

I haven't read what History use them for, but you can't declare war on mercenaries! and declaring war on a Pirate clan is oversilly.

-LMP
But... they are in a state of war, right? It would be crazy if they wouldn't response in some way - they just can't go around shooting at people, now can they?

Stop writing so much, I don't have the time to read...
Old April 6, 2002, 03:26   #328
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
I don't believe Morgan would see it as prudent to respond to Kass's declaration of war, except to offer peace talks.

Next in the Samnos and Naxos fights...Kass, Franky, will you both converge on Samnos and Naxos simualtenously, or one at a time? Either way, both attacks will cost you, even now my men know of your arrival!!
Attacks of the three systems should begin around the same time. Not sure how the Hive got involve in this... but TAF does expect ground warfare and is ready for it. Also convince the Scions to spare some of their interesting Ground Units along, which will provide a nifty surprise.

-LMP
Old April 6, 2002, 03:30   #329
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
[

Kass- I think we should start coordinating our "liberation" of Morganic territory pretty soon.
don't forget the TAF expert, and the Pirates

-LMP

Quote:
As for the Peacekeeper ( ) problem. I don't know who the author is now. I do remember Guardian saying he wanted a piece of 'em, but he didn't post anything about 'em. I think we should find a new author or have everyone collaborate on them.
i don't mind, but as long they don't get into any war except for starting up their usual Peacekeeper ideals to prevent wars and mediate.

-LMP
Old April 6, 2002, 03:33   #330
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Mellian:

Sorry, i was unaware of how big the TAF would be in in the battle - The Coalition Battle Squadron will be sufficient, right? Helping in taking out the Orbitals, I would presume. The Terran marines can do the groundwork...
But, who'll write about that?