Old April 7, 2002, 10:43   #361
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 16:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
LordMP-- The Protectorate entered in all of the sudden, you'd have to ask Lonestar why he came up on Morgan all the sudden, as I'm not totally sure myself. As for how we now you are coming, our sensors picked you guys up in the area, as a whole battle fleet coming for Samnos doesn't go unnoticed. Our spies have little to do with it. The direction of your ships, and of the advancing Hive ships does. We can identify the origins of the ships as well. Won't be too much slaughter of Terran ships, as I think the Hive is coming in first, and should take much of the damage.
Didn't I already said that incoming FTL transits is currently impossible to detect??? i mention that several times... and since the systems are close to Sol, the TA ships can easily jump straight to those systems. only time you would detect them is when they get there.... and by the time you can get reinforcements, TA ships would of already already taken 2 out of 3 systems.... last one being difficult. Anyway, can't use the "detect you coming" excuse.... since you happen to forget about that fact, maybe i should seriously get around to state the FTL rules in the Datalinks

heh heh heh is annoying to the point i would throw a chair at you people

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2002, 10:54   #362
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Are you saying that somehow....The Protectorate wouldn't be able to relise a bloody war was going on between the TA and Morgan Industries?
didn't say they would realize that they would probably have one, just saying not enough time for you people to get involve by the time it does start... I wanted the declaration of war and the three attacks soon afterwards month after Capella was taken... isn't that to much to ask????? Didn't saw USA took a month to point fingers and decide to attack. SO, if things go the way i Hope, peace will be achieved soon after the attacks, so not needing the Protectorate whole that much to mediate....

As for ignoring Kessel's messages, is because i am not up to date with the story, so by the time i get them, it is to late to reply usually and find out Kass hasn't replied to him
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2002, 10:58   #363
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
As for ignoring Kessel's messages, is because i am not up to date with the story, so by the time i get them, it is to late to reply usually and find out Kass hasn't replied to him
And again on that matter -

Quote:
Look now, there really is one thing you people should understand. Sure, I did not write a single post in four weeks, but that did not mean that the TA would not listen. Sure, I made a mistake and forgot to post a response in my last post, but it does not mean that they are ignoring the Spartans. It just means that the writer is, erm, busy and has a bad memory.
Old April 7, 2002, 11:15   #364
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
By gum, LordMP! You mean there is no way at all we could have figured out you even have one ship in the area? (jaw drops in absolute horror)

Even if we didn't notice though, Franky gave us the warning by doing all that sabotage and murdering those officials. We'll be expecting the area to be attacked.

As for three systems going down...The three systems nearest, all minor northerly parts of the coperate space, aren't worth much to Morgan, really, but if you want them, you shall be given the opportunity to take them. Of course, if the plan Sprayber has cooked up works, you might just be stopped short of taking too much.

Peace will be achieved, Mellian, the white dove of peace will be bob-bob-bobbing about our systems soon...

I think Mr. Prez is right, though, civilian posts are what's needed. Morgan isn't too good at fighting wars, anyway...I think that the present conflict can be shortly resolved, and though at the end of it I'll hold onto good old Capella and good old Kassiopeia can have some systems or planets or what not, there will be peace. I think that a period of peace...however short...is just what it actually called for. To be honest, it'd probably increase tensions between Yang and Kessel and be for the best.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2002, 11:19   #365
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Wait a second, I forgot something...

We've got some good civilian things shaping up. Greg and Filkins are always great, and I look forward to their meeting with Mr. Sym. There are many opportunities in what Mr. President is working on, the scientists and the World of Trees. Alynzia did a good one on Gaian, Hive, and Peacekeeper civilians, but I'm not sure if she is still even writing! I've got some ideas for a sub-plot on Morgan Megatropolis that looks pretty good so far.
Old April 7, 2002, 11:22   #366
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Greg and Filkins are always great, and I look forward to their meeting with Mr. Sym.
Thanks.

Amazing, a little spark of human mind invented to aid depicting the occurrences of the plot suddenly becomes the main attraction.

I was just thinking of wrapping up them on the - or, you could read of it on the upcoming posts...
Old April 7, 2002, 11:25   #367
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
...and though at the end of it I'll hold onto good old Capella and good old Kassiopeia can have some systems or planets or what not, there will be peace...
What what what? You intend to keep Capella and generate a great deal of scorn that will be bestowed upon the civilians of Earth, thus creating a prolonged era of severe disgruntlement towards the Morganites?

(Gosh I'm writing fancy words today.)
Old April 7, 2002, 14:31   #368
History Guy
King

Morgan's a businessman. He isn't going to give you back Capella for nothing. If he hands back Capella, you'll have to hand back what you take from him.
Old April 7, 2002, 14:40   #369
Kassiopeia
Emperor

You really have to stop getting here simultaniously with me. It's eerie.
Old April 7, 2002, 14:52   #370
History Guy
King

Toooooo right, Kassiopeia!!!

Franky-- Will you be able to do your post today?

Silence-- Are you still about?

Old April 7, 2002, 16:01   #371
Sprayber
Emperor

Regarding FTL signatures. I thought we agreed that single signals were hard to detect and by hard I mean it is very possible for single ships to get in and out without being detected. But where a fleet is concerned, you are going to see those a long way off. You may not know who they are, or just how many they are but you will know they are there. You may not even be able to determine the exact direction but if you have intel sats out there that are worth what you paid for them, you will see the signals. There has to be some kind of defense against fleets for a system. The odds are already in favor of the attacker as it is if you don't have lots of ships stationed near by.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2002, 18:11   #372
History Guy
King

Thanks Sprayber. We definantly have the money to afford top-quality defensive systems. We do not have a lot of ships at Samnos at all, though we do at Naxos. Samnos will fall rather easy in comparision to what attacking Naxos would be like.
Old April 7, 2002, 19:49   #373
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Quote:
didn't say they would realize that they would probably have one, just saying not enough time for you people to get involve by the time it does start... I wanted the declaration of war and the three attacks soon afterwards month after Capella was taken... isn't that to much to ask????? Didn't saw USA took a month to point fingers and decide to attack. SO, if things go the way i Hope, peace will be achieved soon after the attacks, so not needing the Protectorate whole that much to mediate....
1) The only thing the Protectorate did, IIRC, was reveal itself and offer to mediate. I wouldn'tm think would take too much time...

2) You may be intending the war to be short, but they wouldn't know that, would they?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2002, 19:55   #374
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Quote:
Didn't I already said that incoming FTL transits is currently impossible to detect??? i mention that several times... and since the systems are close to Sol, the TA ships can easily jump straight to those systems. only time you would detect them is when they get there.... and by the time you can get reinforcements, TA ships would of already already taken 2 out of 3 systems.... last one being difficult. Anyway, can't use the "detect you coming" excuse.... since you happen to forget about that fact, maybe i should seriously get around to state the FTL rules in the Datalinks
Er, as I recall, Drecaille sent a message to Morgan declaring war and informing him that they were about to attack Samnos. Wouldn't that be a rather good warning?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2002, 20:57   #375
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
Hey,

Sorry for not posting the attack yet. I'll do that later on today.

My apologies for posting while I was drunk. I was having a good time and decided to go on the internet....a bad choice.

Anyway, if I offended anyone I'm sorry.

Alright, going to post today History Guy so no worries!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2002, 07:28   #376
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 23:16
Just a quick post to confirm that yes, I'm still around and yes, I still intend to start posting for the Peacekeepers. I still move a little slow, but at least that's better than not moving at all, right?

By the way, you guys have made a great story so far!

I expect to get something started within another week or so.

As for Alynzia, I believe she sort of "suspended herself" - as in more or less the same thing I did. She said she still wanted to play though, so I guess she could be the next to make the "famous re-appearance number".
Old April 8, 2002, 08:30   #377
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
Just a quick post to confirm that yes, I'm still around and yes, I still intend to start posting for the Peacekeepers. I still move a little slow, but at least that's better than not moving at all, right?

By the way, you guys have made a great story so far!

I expect to get something started within another week or so.

As for Alynzia, I believe she sort of "suspended herself" - as in more or less the same thing I did. She said she still wanted to play though, so I guess she could be the next to make the "famous re-appearance number".
Both of you are welcome anytime. We have learned to make room just anywhere
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 8, 2002, 08:36   #378
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

oth of you are welcome anytime. We have learned to make room just anywhere
Hey, it's a big galaxy.

Just thinking - when the current messups are solved, I was thinking, some couple of hundred posts from now, maybe we should apply the similar device known in CC - that is, the time warp?
Old April 8, 2002, 08:54   #379
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Hey, it's a big galaxy.

Just thinking - when the current messups are solved, I was thinking, some couple of hundred posts from now, maybe we should apply the similar device known in CC - that is, the time warp?
I've been thinking about that Kass. I was thinking about asking what ya'lls thinking on that was. But since you forced my had

What are ya'lls thinking on doing the time warp again? Not immediatly mind you but a little later.
Old April 8, 2002, 09:01   #380
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
I've been thinking about that Kass. I was thinking about asking what ya'lls thinking on that was. But since you forced my had

What are ya'lls thinking on doing the time warp again? Not immediatly mind you but a little later.
I wouldn't mind.

Let's see.

2701 - 27xx - The Morganite - Inen/Terran Conflict... the current prospect shows that a larger interTerran war seems nearly inevitable, especially with the TA's ultimate goal... but I wouldn't see that happen until after some ten years, by that time the Coalition transition to Police State would be nearly finished, creating the much-talked about spark between EC and TA.

Then, there could be another timewarp, and the battle against the Progenitors - maybe some thirty years from now...? Maybe attracted by the internal Terran war that has put them in a state of confusion and weakness?

Then the Borg-like superimmense threat, after the next timewarp...

LMP probably will want to have some say in this.
Old April 8, 2002, 09:20   #381
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Strange.

I must of made a lifelong foe out of the Apolyton server, as it is not only showing that posters are posting things I have myself posted - it also does not want to show at the forum index that I have posted at all.
Old April 8, 2002, 10:34   #382
History Guy
King

OK, Franky, we forgive you know, but next time your spiffed, just take a break at doing just about anything, OK?

Looking forward to your post today!

Glad to see it, Guardian! Hope you do get your posts up soon!

The Borgs, Kassiopeia? What are they doing in BAC!?

No more Star Trek please!

Let's try Doctor Who for starters...Daleks invading Terra, Cybermen popping Tremaine on the skull...just imagine it!

Kass-- Morgan/InEn war started in late 2700, and may very well end in late 2701. I think that a period of peace would just do good to the story by increasing tensions between Sparta and Hive.
Old April 8, 2002, 13:01   #383
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
The Borgs, Kassiopeia? What are they doing in BAC!?

No more Star Trek please!

Let's try Doctor Who for starters...Daleks invading Terra, Cybermen popping Tremaine on the skull...just imagine it!
Heavens, no! I was trying to convey the idea of an exceedingly superior alien threat that is bent on destroying the entire mankind, along with the Progenitors and the gang, with a figure of speech that serves as an example of a similar case in point.
Old April 8, 2002, 17:33   #384
History Guy
King

I jest!

Excuse me while I edit some posts...boy it's quiet in here!
Old April 8, 2002, 19:48   #385
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Ok I'm pissed,

Sorry that I didn't post on Sunday but let me explain why...

After I posted my apology, I had to run some errands...well, when I got back on the 'net and tried to post, I couldn't even access Apolyton. It said:

CANNOT FIND SERVER...blah,blah,blah.

Am I cursed? Since I'm at school and they use a T1 connection, I can post here. Well, once again my apologies for everything and I'll post the attack today (Monday).

Sorry everyone.
Old April 8, 2002, 21:11   #386
Frankychan
King

Aiight,

I posted the commencement of the attack on Samnos. Hope that it is satisfactory with you all. Tell me whatcha think.

Reading the back posts---History Guy and Sprayber cooking up something for Yang???!!! Eh, it's all good. But can you do me a favor and when you guys want to involve Hive forces, can ya collaborate w/me? Please?

Anyway-I think it's Kass' turn next for the invasion on Samnos. I just focused mainly on the smaller ships and left the large ship battles for you two guys. heehee!

Old April 8, 2002, 22:26   #387
Sprayber
Emperor

History Guy: The Spartans will manage to get 3 ships to Samnos. They are Corvettes designed for joint assaults on command ships. Since I will be out of town Tuesday and most of Wenesday, I'll just go ahead and let you determine their fates.

Hint, let them die hard while showing the Hive what they will have to face in the future. The ships will identify themselves to the Morganites as Spartan ships Centaur alpa, beta, and gamma. Then they will proceed to attack the Hive command ship. Won't destroy it, but should cripple it a lot.

Then Morgan should receive Kessel's proposal.

So ya'll will know, the ships will look like this. Which ironically is a corvette. Length=190meters
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	corvette.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	13054  
Old April 8, 2002, 22:43   #388
Frankychan
King

Grrrr! Why do the Spartans always have to ruin our fun?

Bah! I think your 'Spartan Corvettes' will make great trophies for Admiral Bippol.

History Guy-

I deliberately left out any transmission to the Morgan's, just in case you were wondering. The Hive's silent reply should be our answer.

Going to attack our command ship huh? Maybe sending in one of our Battleships was a mistake...

Anyway, can you guys tell me what you two have in mind on the attack? Like, do you want to just have me start the invasion, Kass do the middle, and History do the end...or have different viewpoints of the battle being posted up and we all decide on how things end?
Old April 8, 2002, 22:53   #389
Frankychan
King

Before I forget, this is what the Hive Expeditionary Fleet comprises of:

Quote:
1 Battleship, 3 Battlecruisers, 20 corvettes, 20 frigates, and 10 carriers with accompanying smaller craft. That should be enough for a small start. We can afford to experiment with the enemy's forces
The smaller craft include troop transports, supply ships, and other nonspecific vessels (patrol ships for example).

The carriers don't engage the enemy fleet, instead staying back with the transports and supply ships while their payload (i.e. fighters and bombers) engage enemy fighters/bombers. However, the troop transports are cloaked, the supply ships are not....just in case you guys were wondering. The other combative ships all are de-cloaked.
Old April 8, 2002, 23:07   #390
Sprayber
Emperor

One question. Does the Hive intend to try to take the colony? I thought that the TA was going to take it. In an invasion such as this, you need a lot of cooperation and communication to pull it off or the Hive and the TA will end up running into each other. Not that I would mind, but I'm just letting you guys know.

Franky, You do know that once the Hive commits themself to the attack that they are basically declaring war. Now, I would hate for the Hive to go through all that trouble and then the Terrans decide to seek peace after all is said and done Yang has thought about that right.