Old April 12, 2002, 00:21   #481
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 16:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
How did you suddenly take Naxos by surprise? They knew you were coming, and they were preparing for action. They were in no way taken by surprise when you attacked, as evidenced by my post.
They expected an attack, yes... but how could they know there will be another attack wave which goes after Naxos? From all indications, what they expected as arrived and started attacking Samnos, and then expect to attack Naxos right afterwards... also, wasn't there unitsdiverted from Naxos to Samnos to help with the defence, hmm? Anyway, no one expected the second wave... even the Earth Coalition. No fancy predictions from sabotage acts will reveal the exact attack plan, and not into the idea of BAC people to receive visions from the gods either. They came out of FTL, so couldn't detect them coming to the system...

Quote:
Second, how did you suddenly get past the Cyclads and head down to two more systems, which will soon be property of the Spartan Federation (as soon as I find time to write the post down)?
ummm, didn't i said before that three systems will be attacked at around the same time? meaning, three seperate attack forces, meaning, three different paths to their targets....which is direct FTL jump from Sol to the target systems.... distances short enough to crash into anything too. Attack forces left in different times, so they could arrive in each target system about the same time.... and for the Cycladic system, two seperate waves with different timing, mainly to see if EC can seriously be trusted in time of war....which they proved not to be. Anyway, I also said TA will attack three systems and take them in retaliation of losing.

TA actions and the its plans will not be dictated by other players...only the result can by your own faction's actions. which is why no script cannot be followed in full details.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 00:27   #482
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
OK, Kass. As for the Samnos/Naxos posts...OK. I do disagree with what Mellian has so far written, as I think LMP is making things move faster than they would in actuality move, but that's OK, I suppose. What bugs me most is that the Terrans "completely surprised" my men on Naxos, which can't possibly have been so at all. Sorry!
How am I making things move faster? The idea of the Terran attacks is to enter three systems and take it as quickly as possible.... will worry about properlly securing the system later.

maybe i should remove completly, but i don't remember saying ON Naxos, maybe AT Naxos initially, when the second wave appeared out of FTL and not being expected....so the second wave does have the initial surprise bonus and have the initiative to start firing on any Morganite ships and defence platforms before the Morganites does.

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 00:28   #483
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
::mutters:: I was just gonna bomb the listening post....

sorry, you made it sound like a full-blown invasion. With "3rd Fleet" and "Admiral" attacking a listening post, I would think that that would be overkill. But maybe that's just the Protectorate way.

Anyway, so long as this does not result in a full blown invasion that would be o.k.

.....But Yang will know that the Protectorate is behind the attack.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 00:32   #484
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 17:16
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan

sorry, you made it sound like a full-blown invasion. With "3rd Fleet" and "Admiral" attacking a listening post, I would think that that would be overkill. But maybe that's just the Protectorate way.

Anyway, so long as this does not result in a full blown invasion that would be o.k.

.....But Yang will know that the Protectorate is behind the attack.
I would hope so, we're going to leave our card.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 00:35   #485
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
After we gain acquire Advanced Nanotechnology (please someone help me with a name for the tech) from Morgan, we will be looking to advance our Organic weapons even further.
maybe Nanometallurgy, and Nanominiaturization... but any more advance forms of Nanotechnology doesn't make sense for the Morganites to have.

Quote:
SO I was thinking of devising a system which will cooperate all our war offorts, by combining Biotechnology, the holo war interface Kass described and a genetically and cybernetically enhanced human brain (prefferably of Major Torres, which would be directly linked to Oberon and Titania). Basically this system would control and issue orders, using the most advanced combat algorithms and most tactical human thinking, to our forces to coordinate battle plans extremelly efficiently. Think about this spin off - Major Torres undergoing horror as his brain is transplanted in a tank which will be then connected to a supercombuter...
As long that the construction doesn't happen over night, or in a month and so on. also need time to research and test it out....

Quote:
BTW I like Mechs! They are so... mechy...
Don't think of Mechs when i say Gears please

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 00:54   #486
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Mellian, I do hope you remember that the Spartans have a strike fleet in the Morgan Cooperate Sector. They may not be able to make it to Samnos, but they will be able to make it to the next system that is far closer. And when they do arrive shortly they will be protecting Spartan Territory.
Yes, but they won't know where to move until they receive news that those systems are being attacked as well...and by the time the Spartan Fleet gets there, it will become TA Territory, even before that territorial treaty perk becomes active. The other two systems will be easier to take then Cyclanid, and less time.

weren't you paying attention to me blabbering that TA will attack three systems, and will get to their targets right after the decleration of war from TA is sent. TAF took precautions, but somehow EC knew of atleast Cyclanid as system TA will attack and sabotage happened. Attacks are to take the systems as quickly as possible, and then be ready for any retaliation or ships coming to help out with the defence. That was the plans from the start, and why I was annoyed by current events concerning it! don't like it when other player take advantage of future action before it happens...like they the gods sent visions to some in their faction that this will happen. This Territory treaty perk of the Corporate Sector wouldn't of been thought up if I didn't mention that TA will be attacking three of the nearest morganite systems...and then not keen to see things are happening to jeopadize the future actions in response, which is unrealistic and annoying. What happens after TA acquires the three systems depends on what will be your factions next moves. Hive wouldn't be involved either if i didn't mention the plans for the future TA actions.

Quote:
I may be wrong, but are the Spartans the only ones that have peacefully settled a system since this story began?
TA is surrounded and practicly all useful systems within realistic grasp of TA as been taken.... hard to peacefully settle a system.

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 00:56   #487
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 07:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
New Drone Republic story section today. Albert Franco is a Commodore now, and they're on high alert as Sparta mobilizes. Menelaus is also in town. What do I look like, a walking synopsis? Go over and read it!

edit: Almost forgot, there's been a change of plans and my next post will be on Firaxis. As soon as I think of something to happen.
Old April 12, 2002, 00:58   #488
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Was there anyone here basing their ship designs on Battle Star designs? I have been rounding out the Spartan fleet and have lots of extra picture of ships available for you guys. here are a few examples..
I have called dibs on the Battlestar Galactica ship for quite awhile..... so if the TAF has that design, sort of silly for another faction to have a similar design, so may as well call dibs on the tiger as well

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 01:15   #489
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Sir, the senate passed the bill unanimously at 4 o'clock today putting in effect your proposal of temporary control of the Co-operate Sector, until peace can be established between our government and that of the Terran Alliance. We thank you for the proposal, and for your co-operation.
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Yang will be greatly dissapointed when he hears that Nwabudike has fallen under the siren song of Marcus Kessel and the barbaric Spartan Federation!

Hey, I'm just kidding! Good post= I didn't know that Morgan Interstellar had a senate. Like the little insight to M.I.'s social and government structure.

Although it still is a travesty that Morgan has been led astray by the evil and corruptable Spartan Federation!

(just trying to get my shots in while I have the chance guys!)

*frankychan braces for the next barrage by History Guy and Sprayber*
Old April 12, 2002, 01:56   #490
Sprayber
Emperor

I don't guess the Spartans are going to avoid further war after all. If the Terrans take more than the one system the Spartans will be operating under the idea that Spartan territory is being occupied. War I suppose is going to come after all despite Kessel's best efforts otherwise.

He will of course officially tell the Terrans to leave the systems other than the one with Samnos since it has been Spartan land since the Morgan Senate officially transferred title. But thats what you get when you attack the Spartans source of raw materials. Maybe the Morgan colonies on the other side of the Terrans would have been a better choice.

Franky: Maybe Kessel will give Yang the chance to transfer his planets too. Thereby saving the Spartans the hassel of taking them.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 02:52   #491
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Well, I justed knocked together a very rough map of Laekdaemon. Here it is. (should this go here or in the Datalinks?).
Attached Files:
File Type: zip laekdaemon.zip (12.9 KB, 4 views)
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 03:13   #492
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Well, I justed knocked together a very rough map of Laekdaemon. Here it is. (should this go here or in the Datalinks?).
the file doesn't seem to open for me. Are are you talking about a map of the planet?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 12, 2002, 03:28   #493
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Yes, it's a map of the planet. I did it using Paint; could that have anything to do with it?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 06:30   #494
Frankychan
King

oh BTW,

For you guys, You don't have to use the entire Hive name.

The official name is the Greater Hive Empire, but if you authors want to shorten it to 'Hive' or 'Hive Empire' or 'The Hive', that's cool w/me.

Just giving you guys and gals a heads up.
Old April 12, 2002, 07:13   #495
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Hey, this quick reply feature is quite handy! Especially if you're a hardcore Apolytoner enough to remember the letter codes for smileys.
Old April 12, 2002, 09:33   #496
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
I don't guess the Spartans are going to avoid further war after all. If the Terrans take more than the one system the Spartans will be operating under the idea that Spartan territory is being occupied. War I suppose is going to come after all despite Kessel's best efforts otherwise.
for crying out loud, been saying that for a long time and switching the deed of three systems during a war seriously doesn't make sense and won't prevent war. Systems will be taken before the Morganites/Spartans announces the deal. ANYWAY, TA will keep the systems...and will be Spartans' fault for getting involve in the war.

Quote:
He will of course officially tell the Terrans to leave the systems other than the one with Samnos since it has been Spartan land since the Morgan Senate officially transferred title. But thats what you get when you attack the Spartans source of raw materials. Maybe the Morgan colonies on the other side of the Terrans would have been a better choice.
No, thats what you get when you allow someone else decide where the three nearest morganite systems will be... meaning, wasn't my choice. YOU as player chose to get the Spartans involve, YOU and History decided to have godly intervention by bringing this transferred of title thing without mention it way before. OFFICIALLY, TA's intentions was to take Morganite systems, not Spartans...and will not stop attacking just because morganite/spartan decided to transfer titles in the middle of the attacks on three seperate systems. TA will not be an aggressor against the Spartans, as they didn't know of the perk and the Spartans got the deeds in the middle of war...being their fault for getting involved, not the Terrans. Even dare say that that TA is the Aggressor against the Spartans, I am getting the Peacekeepers involved one way or the other. :doitnow: as Kerensky will not trust the Protectorate as they are not exactly neutral: a non-democratic faction that currently as problems with the Hive, more keen to make friends with the Chironians then with the Terrans.... in the divine existence of reality, don't think Lonestar is on my side over this matter

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 10:38   #497
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
Franky-- Sounds OK to me!

Ahem, the Spartan siren song? Excuse me while I fire a planet buster up Yang's nose.

Thanks for the compliment. M.I. might be a rich obese empire, and all, but it's still democratic. The Senate is a mix between the Roman senate, the American senate, and the British parliament. It's Romanesque, as you can tell, otherwise Senator Wilde wouldn't be receiving such messages.

LordMP-- Naxos is on Yellow Alert, the ships are bunched together there, there are skirmishers patrolling all around Naxos. Within minutes of your first attacks there Merrill can bring all of his force over to stem the tide. He knows you'll take over, but he's doing the 'Wyatt Earp thang'. In other words, you'll overwhelm me and get me, but I'll take a lot of you down with me. That sort of thing.

I didn't send too many ships out to attack Samnos, Merrill allowed that too fall easier, only sending four frigates. He's got battleships up at Naxos.

By the way, in attacking those three systems, you are now not only up against the Spartans and myself, but also my Novan mercenaries!!!

Sprayber-- Hey, look, here comes Kerensky...

Kerensky (crawling): Look, Morgan, I beg of you...call off the dogs...they've taken back everything we conquered!

Morgan: The dogs, Monsieur?

Kerensky: The Spartans, you jerk!

Morgan: Pfui! Is that anyway to speak to CEO Morgan and his friends?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2002, 18:38   #498
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
maybe Nanometallurgy, and Nanominiaturization... but any more advance forms of Nanotechnology doesn't make sense for the Morganites to have.
Nanominiaturization it is then! I hope History Guy notices that...

Quote:
As long that the construction doesn't happen over night, or in a month and so on. also need time to research and test it out....
Don't worry - nothing happens overnight! We will have many trial and error runs in this, with some possible spin-off incidents with this system.

Quote:
Don't think of Mechs when i say Gears please
Gears? Oh Gears! Yes, Gea... what?

BTW, History, what should I post now about Quantum Shadow? If you wish me to post about the deal betwen us, please give some names for your "diplomats".

Lonestar - thanks! Hmm... just look at the Warriors of Saturn Kingdom.... of the future...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cyborg_3d.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	13298  
Old April 12, 2002, 19:01   #499
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
LordMP-- Naxos is on Yellow Alert, the ships are bunched together there, there are skirmishers patrolling all around Naxos. Within minutes of your first attacks there Merrill can bring all of his force over to stem the tide. He knows you'll take over, but he's doing the 'Wyatt Earp thang'. In other words, you'll overwhelm me and get me, but I'll take a lot of you down with me. That sort of thing.
yes yes, but Naxos wasn't expecting a second group of ships to come out of FTL NEAR Naxos and start firing on any morganite ship in view right of the bat.... so even if they are ready for attack, that kind of entry would suprise some people, even more when they started firing as soon as they got out of FTL. So, I really doubt they have lightning fast reaction time or exactly know what is going to happen just by some acts of sabotage. I'll edit the word complete off the post, but I am leaving surprise as it is justified.

Quote:
I didn't send too many ships out to attack Samnos, Merrill allowed that too fall easier, only sending four frigates. He's got battleships up at Naxos.
no matter, they will get nailed by the opening volley from the TA ships.

Quote:
By the way, in attacking those three systems, you are now not only up against the Spartans and myself, but also my Novan mercenaries!!!
Not exactly, has they didn't reply yet on wether they are taking the job.... only saw your Message to them, but no response or the pirate intro. Anyway, the other two would be a lot easier to take quickly then the Cyclanid system.

Quote:
Sprayber-- Hey, look, here comes Kerensky...
Kerensky (crawling): Look, Morgan, I beg of you...call off the dogs...they've taken back everything we conquered!
Morgan: The dogs, Monsieur?
Kerensky: The Spartans, you jerk!
Morgan: Pfui! Is that anyway to speak to CEO Morgan and his friends?
It is that kind of view of TA i am annoyed with and now your mocking Kerensky

anyway, still have the Kane Bloc

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 19:16   #500
Mellian
Queen

Silence, as long as the Believers isn't attacking any other members of TA, or strike at EC in Sol like MI did with InEn, TAF won't go after you

-LMP
Old April 12, 2002, 20:27   #501
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Anyone who fires on the Spartans will fire on the Free Drone Republic. And who knows, perhaps we might even be allowed to shoot back.
Old April 12, 2002, 20:34   #502
Mr. President
Emperor

I'm not sure I like that stuff about stealing the ship, but we'll see where it goes.
Old April 12, 2002, 21:44   #503
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Cyber-- Yes, please do post!

LordMP-- Was I supposed to write a response from the Novans??

Now, as for Naxos, who will write the opening post on the attack there, and the fall of Samnos?

What's Franky up to?

Sprayber, perhaps you should write a response to Morgan before LordMP conquers more stoff.

Kassiopeia, come on, we need ya man!

Silence-- That's good, send your men down here quickly. You already have squadrons in the Pollux system that'll reach here before the second and third systems fall, and so they and my garrison and Sprayber's boy there can stem the tide somewhat.

Mr. Prez-- Well then, hurrah for the Drones!
Old April 12, 2002, 21:50   #504
History Guy
King

Whoops. Cybergod, good post!

Now, I've got more stuff to write about in next post. Trading with Cyber, Fighting at Naxos and Samnos, and Delbar's galavanting at Morgan's Hideaway.

LordMP-- The plot is intriguing, and I'm sure that when you have time to go back and fix up the post it'll be quite reasonable...of course, as soon as Sprayber finds out the Novans are responsible I'll have to get rid of the Novan mercenaries...
Old April 12, 2002, 21:56   #505
Sprayber
Emperor

Sorry guys. I've had some problems getting on today.

Silance: Are the Believers really anxious to get involved? Cause I think the Spartans can arrange a little attack on Ross 128. Surely the Terrans wouldn't mind swapping colonies. It will take the two Spartan Fleets a little time to get there cause we do have to skirt PK territory. But we will be there in time to dampen the joyful celebrations on Earth. Kessel will contact you through Morgan.
Old April 12, 2002, 22:13   #506
Sprayber
Emperor

Time for new thread guys.
Old April 12, 2002, 22:49   #507
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
I'm not sure I like that stuff about stealing the ship, but we'll see where it goes.
I am sure no one likes to loose anything to the Pirates and even harder of the specific attacks by the Kane Bloc in the past decade too... like that one is for the Droids, planning to maybe develop a version where it can replace most of the crew jobs of a ship, freeing up humans for more ships. Manpower is an issue for Pirates, as they don't have huge population centers to recruit from... except maybe the Nautilus Pirate clan, only one located on a planet...Chiron. Anyway, would be obvious to anyone who analyses the specific attacks and puts it two and two together.... Kane can become quite powerful, especially if he succeeds in uniting most of the Pirate clan pirate style especially when you are good friends with the Data Angels

The Pirates can potentionally be quite an pain to the Morganites, Spartans and Drones if they get more involve in the war with TA...as it would leave openings elsewhere for raiding and so on.
Old April 12, 2002, 22:57   #508
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 21:16
Ok History guy you want me to move some squadrons to Pollux right?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote