Old March 5, 2002, 15:25   #31
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
Would joining up all colonies in the Saturn region and declaring independence from EC trigger another succession war? If so, what would TA do? Otherwise, we'll concentrate on producing and improving our Organic ship designs... Just in case...
Going reckless about it might bring internal instability to the TA. In that case, the TA would probably overthrow Maria and seize the Saturn area under joint EC-TA control. So watch it.
Old March 5, 2002, 15:34   #32
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Going reckless about it might bring internal instability to the TA. In that case, the TA would probably overthrow Maria and seize the Saturn area under joint EC-TA control. So watch it.
Watch me!

Anyways, what is wrong with that? No one is complaining that Mars is independent... or that Luna is under Earther control...

Just ranting about...
Old March 5, 2002, 17:48   #33
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 21:16
I am slighty confused what flank I am suppose to hit History Guy.

Edit I see what flank, ok, its going to take me a couple of days to get some free time to write any post, but ok I got it now.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Last edited by Silence; March 5, 2002 at 17:54.
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2002, 22:45   #34
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
OK FRANKY CHAN here is a message for you!

If you could, please post a response from Yang to Sym on his terms for the information Sym wishes to sell to the Hive, so as to cement all that. Thanks!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2002, 09:24   #35
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 16:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
See, I'm rather worried about that stuff in the Datalinks that says one or the other of the Terran ship designs is "basically indestructible". Unless the story is going to end with the absorption of all other entities into the Earth Coalition . . .
Nowhere have I wrote basically indestructible...and it is only the Terran Battlecruiser which is Hard to Kill.....meaning, it does take damage, but capable to still move about. Like, take the movie Snatch where that Russian guy took like 10 or more Desert Eagle shots to finally kill him...don't forget that he got nailed by a car too earlier in that movie despite various damages to his body, still kept moving, but less so if he were in full health. the BC is not indestructible, it is hard to kill it, depending on your weaponry of course. BC are design to stay alive as long possible, even if all of the weapons are damaged or destroyed, and so on... still alive, probably barely after awhile When i say it is rare to "completly destroy" a BC i mean, the whole ship explode due to reactor breach, where the whole vaporizes or simply explode into various pieces. So you can't have instant BC kills, unless you have a Ion Beam or Yamato Cannon hit near the reactor . When i said in one case a Battlecruiser took 13 torpedoe hits before dying at Capella, it was only one battlecruiser, doesn't mean it takes that much to kill a battlecruiser...just that battlecruiser survived 13 hits...where others may not. Can blow off someones arm, but doesn't mean you killed him. Get what i am trying to say here? and yes, maybe i should reword it slightly in the Datalinks.....but they are no invincible, just hard to KILL it, to take it out of commission.

As for the merging, it is just InEn, geez and they will be merging with TAF, thats it.... still enough factions within Sol and do remember, they are in a ALLIANCE.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2002, 09:33   #36
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
What ship? (I doubt it's a CSN ship)
If something like that is remarked of a TAF Battlecruiser, we need to modify it, of course. No ship can be indestructible.
If thats the impression people is getting then i'll rewrite it, or simply clarify. not indestructible, just hard to kill like i explained above.

Quote:
Mellian: You going to write?
Would you like me to get the call on the Soldier of God involvment, once Capella has been lost?
I will write, once i have the time for it and as long as i don't have to many Discussion posts i need to reply I don't have my own comp at the house i am temporally leaving....i share it with 11 others. yes, i am currently leaving with 11 others as part of the program i am in... only time i seriously have a good internet access is at my work placement, which even then, i have other work i need to do too.....

anyway, Soldier of God involvement :hmm:? i know they were hired out by Morganites and used to help take Capella.... unless your thinking TA or whatever hires some of them too? wonder what the Believers would do if their "mercenary" forces end up facing each other off,
Old March 6, 2002, 10:21   #37
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Morgan's reaction was the right one, to choose Callisto, 99% owned by InEn, to attack.
Was it? Didn't Morgan know that InEn was part of a ALLIANCE called Terran Alliance? Didn't he even thought that TA had its own military force called TAF, chartered to defend ALL members like InEn? another thing, how dare morgan to go as far as attacking ANything within Sol, which is the first Chiron faction to ever done that? even if it was a temporary hold on Callisto, doesn't mean TA knows that... have to remember to look at things from different point of view. The mistakes morgan made is that he ignored TA and the TAF, not thinking that will do anything. If peaceful resolution wasn't acquired with InEn, the morganites should have contacted the Terran Alliance about InEn instead of ignoring them and go straight after InEn within Sol....
so in a Morganites vs InEn wise, InEn is the agressor... but, Morganites vs Terran Alliance wise, the morganites are the agressors. Next time, DO consider the TA and TAF factor please instead of ignoring them like a lot of people did early on.

Quote:
How else was he supposed to respond? The Earth Coalition ships were only attacked after they moved into place against Morganite forces above and on Callisto, and in fact were in preparation for attack. Had they been allowed to make their assault, Callisto would have fallen quickly, before it could be made completely useless to InEn.
Morganites seem to have been quite arrogant to think that EC and TAF ships will simply not do anything. InEn, a fellow member of EC within the Terran ALLIANCE, is being attacked by a Foreign Force outside of Sol and the Terran Alliance. InEn, since they are a member of TA, TAF is chartered to help defend a member even if they deserve it or not and especially if it is by a Foreign attack outside of Sol and TA. Hey, i would think the Spartans would help the Morganites out as they are after all Allies.

Quote:
He did not provoke the Earth Coalition or the Terran Alliance before hand at all, by the time the attack was made the Earthers had already made some response attacks on Callisto.
Again, what else did you expect them to do, stay there and watch a/fellow member being attacked, hmm? whats the point of the Terran Alliance if a member is not receiving any help from their Allies?

Quote:
Morgan did try to make reperations for the few Earth citizens killed by Morgan's forces in the attack on Callisto, but Morgan had every right to attack and attempt to destroy InEn.
every right? says who? Morganites should of contacted TA before doing anything hostile to InEn.

Quote:
By the time of Capella, the Terran Alliance has attacked Morgan Interstellar's troops on Callisto, and so, heck no, the Terran Alliance sure hasn't just sat around and has "generally done nothing to the Morganites". The aggressors were InEn on the moon, and the war is thus their fault.
Humm, hello! they were DEFENDING. they were helping the their ALLY, a member of TA/fellow member. They were retaking a moon taken by a FOreign Force, who also hired Soldiers of God to attack EC ships around Callisto, before EC or TAF landed their troops! To help Defend an Ally isn't being Aggressive, geez

The aggressors in a Morganite vs InEn conflict is InEn, but the agressor in a conflict between Morganite vs Terran Alliance is the Morganites when they Attacked and Taken Capella, which is an Act of War against Terran Alliance who did nothing to morganites but defend themselves against. Pretty funny that the Morganites thinks that Defending one self or help defending an ally is being agressive against them The Morganite vs InEn conflict could of been peacefully resolved with the Terran Alliance, but nope, the Morganites didn't took that route, they just went to make things worse for themselves.

Quote:
Morgan Interstellar is hardly strong, either. In fact, compared to Terra, it is quite puny. It relies on the Spartans, the Drones, and the Believers for protection when it is attacked, unless, of course, a little rogue company like InEn makes the attack, when it thinks it will be allowed to respond without the Earthers getting ticked off by it. Morgan Interstellar should be allowed to respond in this way without the response of the Terran Alliance, but this can't be the case...because that's pretty boring sounding, I think...
That Rogue Company is considered as a Faction within that is part of the Terran Alliance. Morgan should of considered the fact that the Terran Alliance would help defend their Ally, even thought InEn's stupidity to try to take on the Morganites (which me and kass discussing the reason for it, which may be revealed later). Terran Council would of discuss it and then do something about the matter, punishing InEn and so on, but the Morganites didn't give them chance to do that and Morganites didn't even bother contacting TA to help resolve the matter peacefully..... but nope. Morganites made things worse.... especially when they considered EC and TAF helping to Defend InEn, an ally and a member of TA, as an aggression against the Morganites?
which they went off taking Capella in response to it due to their silly reasoning. Terran Alliance considers it an Act of War, and see the Morganites as the aggressors.

Quote:
EDIT: Hey Kass! Yeah, bring back those two guys from the Moon! I love 'em, man! Love 'em! And hey, Capella has been taken, we rule it now, yep! It's ours! Morganite banners flapping in the breeze...if there is a breeze on Terra Nova. How's that post read, eh? Pretty bloody? I hope Silence does one on the Soldiers of God attacking the Terran right, rolling up the flank.
and the Morganites are not the agressors, phhhhttt

anyway, just proves the differences of opinion and views on things can make a problem become all out war.

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 10:46   #38
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Actually the Terrans started the war. The Morgans visited the Sol system to find a peaceful solution and the Terrans once again murdered innocents before war was initiated. It was the TA that failed to stop its own people
It is like saying that we should kill all Islamic people just because a few of them were crazy and went off blowing up WTC.

How did TA failed to stop its own people? Just because they supposelly didn't have any Intel of what InEn was doing? Do realize things went by pretty quick, not giving the Terran Council much time to do anything concerning InEn's stupidity and isn't TA's fault that the Morganites didn't consider contacting TA about InEn instead of simply entering Sol and take InEn by force, which was a big no no. Anyway, read the post in response to History.

Quote:
How quicky the propaganda machine has started to spin. What will the Terrans be saying next? That the Terran military really wants what is best for humanity
TA and TAF don't lie to their people, even thought some members do among their specific people... If the Spartans think that TA and TAF are liars when they technicly are saying the truth, from their point of view, of course. Anyway, what really comes down to is the Players ignoring TA and the TAF when thinking up ideas to what to do. TA and TAF DOES wants what is best for Humanity, despite what others think.

In response to Morganites aggression against the Terran Alliance as a whole by taking Capella, TA will Declare War after some convincing by Kerensky that they shouldn't be push around and bullied by the Chironians and so on. TA should respond to Morganites aggression with force, making the Statement they are not to be mess with.

Soon after the Declaration of War, TAF with member militaries help will attack two or three morganite systems closest to Sol in response to them taking Capella. TA will be simply Counter-Attacking and TA is only interested in having a Morganite-Terran Alliance conflict..... so won't be TA's fault if other Chiron Factions decides to take on the awaken sleeping giant. One thing i kept laughing when i read the story is how the CHironian factions view the Terrans..... they occasionally aknowledge the existance of the Terran Alliance, yet ignore or simply forgetting there is also the TAF.... how some chironians, even by players in the discussion thread, mixes the TA/TAF up with Earth Coalition, how they sometime ignore the fact that there is various Terran factions, and so on....... well, after nearly finish reading the story, i will make sure that the Chironians won't underestimate the Terrans and the Terran Alliance again

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 10:52   #39
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
One more thing. If I remember correctly. The Spartan Federation, yes I said the Spartan Federation, attempted to end the conflict by peacefull means. The Terrans ignored those attempts. What happnes to the TA and Earth is in no means the fault of the Chrion factions. It is the fault of the Terrans.
Really? i haven't reach that part yet..... what does 'peaceful means' means to the Spartans anyway? "if you two don't stop fighting, we'll come in and bang both your heads"

Quote:
Queen Sanchez, ruler of the Saturn moons and Empress of Earth. Kessel could live with that.
Not going to happen

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 10:57   #40
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
LMP, okay, I'll drop the abalative stuff. What do you think of FC's idea about an advanced H.S.A. that is sentient that acts like an body immune system... once you use a method to hack into it, you can't use it again because the H.S.A. wll adapt. Also, you only have a limited period of time before the H.S.A. detects the hacking entry and eliminates it. So the hacker will have to be pretty quick to do anything.
Okay, but not all forms of espionage involves Hacking just to tell you.

Quote:
Randius had the foresight to establish this so no mass-AI or android revolts would occur. Univ is delving deeply into computers, computer science, and robotics to make all these things feasible.
Do realize, even with special programming and equal treatement, Sentient droids may still go awire... like a sentient human being can. and sure some people and droids may develop phobia for each other, despite the policies of equal treatment. Does depend on ones experience.
Old March 6, 2002, 11:14   #41
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
I don't know if people realise it yet but the Terrans and the GHE are in diplomatic talks right now. It looks like the TAF is a powerhouse of its own...with the GHE military to back it up
--->WOW!
I suggest people becomes more specific, else you'll confuse people

As far as i know, Hive only contacted the Earth Coalition, not the Terran Alliance as a whole. Terrans is just name of a sect of humanity..... like, the Terrans, Chironians, Protectorate, Scions, etc..... Yes, people should atleast consider the TAF as a seperate faction..more like a organization chartered to defend the Terran Alliance and so on........

anyway, suggest people finish the Capella thing, then wait for me to find some time to start posting the Terran Alliance's response and so on.......... even if Kerensky (the head of TAF and leader of the Terran Alliance forces during wartime) gets contacted by the Hive, suggesting some collaboration, Kerensky won't take advantage of it.... Kerensky don't trust the Hive and knows that they have spies in Sol.... Earth Coalition itself willprobably more friendly with the Hive then the TAF

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 11:28   #42
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Would joining up all colonies in the Saturn region and declaring independence from EC trigger another succession war? If so, what would TA do? Otherwise, we'll concentrate on producing and improving our Organic ship designs... Just in case...
If it happens during wartime, even in peacetime, TAF will be rough with the Coalition and will not allow such nonsense. Will only make the TAF-Coalition friction worse.

Quote:
Would Morgan be interested in trading some industrial development techs for some advanced biotechnology?
Do realize that the Morganites have just recently Attack and Taken Capella.... which will lead to the Terran Alliance declaring war on the Morganites. SINCE Titan is a Member of TA, they will have no choice but to Declare War as well., else loose their membership and get restricted by TAF for the duration of the war.
...and it will be hard to become a member again afterwards since TA won't trust them anymore... and will be open in having problems with Coalition later on too or with whoever.

Sure Titan could convertly make some deals with the Morganites, but TAF will be keeping close watch on the "kingdom of saturn", aware of some friendly negociations with the Morganites, which they won't approve during wartime.

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 11:52   #43
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Is the Terran Alliance aware that it is supporting terrorists?

BTW, Morgan did send a message to the Terran Alliance asking that proper action be done, as I mentioned in a post, and no action was taken. Morgan felt that there was nothing else to do but put InEn out of action, and in the attack make every attempt to protect the citizens of the Earth Coalition. Remember, the Terran Alliance was too slow in responding to Morgan.
Old March 6, 2002, 11:59   #44
History Guy
King

Well...at least I think I mentioned it...

I'll stick it in if I can't find it if you like, because Morgan wouldn't act without doing this first. I was sure I'd posted something about that in the past.

LMP, may I ask what in heck Morgan was supposed to do? Sit back and ignore InEn? They'd done their best to murder Morganite diplomats, even the US wouldn't just sit back and ask permission to extract some heads of state from InEn. It'd do so for only a while, and then would finally just make an attack, seeing it as the only way to do it. How was Terra going to respond without Callisto anyway? Would they have actually shut down InEn and sent Cvaener off to trial by Morgan? I rather doubt it.

And hey! What was I supposed to do? I think readers would find sending letters to Terra asking for a peaceful trial for InEn would be rather tedious, don't you? So please, quit jumping me about these things.
Old March 6, 2002, 14:02   #45
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Is the Terran Alliance aware that it is supporting terrorists?

BTW, Morgan did send a message to the Terran Alliance asking that proper action be done, as I mentioned in a post, and no action was taken. Morgan felt that there was nothing else to do but put InEn out of action, and in the attack make every attempt to protect the citizens of the Earth Coalition. Remember, the Terran Alliance was too slow in responding to Morgan.
InEn being seen as terrorists is a Morganite point of view and don't remember reading any post sent to the terran alliance concerning InEn.... will double check. As nothing to do being to slow, you as player probably didn't gave us, me or/and kass, a chance to respond. And i don't remember you mentioning it in the discussion board about it either until now.

ANYWAY, Morganites did enter Sol and attack Callisto, which wasn't completly controlled by InEn... and then proceeded to attack EC Ships. EC and TAF retook Callisto in DEFENCE, which morganites in turn ATTACK and TAKEN Capella. Morganites can have their point of view, but as far as the Terran Alliance is concerned, the Morganites are the Aggressors.

Peacekeepers will not side with anyone and won't bother interfering mainly because there is no player playing them at the moment..... Gaians won't and doesn't make sense of them getting involved... and Cyborgs will stay neutral period like they have been for centuries. Pirates is fragmented, but the 'Kane Bloc' take advantage of this war....due to a deal with the Hive or for their own gain. It won't be a Chiron vs Terrans thing because i won't allow it to happen and with the current situation with each faction for various of reasons, doesn't make sense. TA is out to get the Morganites in retaliation, not declaring war on all of the Chironians, geez Besides, morganites have enough systems to loose few minor ones anyway and the Spartans and maybe the Drones will help out too propably. Don't worry, Morganites won't be conquered and eliminated no factions will be eliminated in BAC..... but like it or not, the Morganites did wake up the sleeping giant

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 14:20   #46
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
LMP, may I ask what in heck Morgan was supposed to do? Sit back and ignore InEn? They'd done their best to murder Morganite diplomats, even the US wouldn't just sit back and ask permission to extract some heads of state from InEn. It'd do so for only a while, and then would finally just make an attack, seeing it as the only way to do it. How was Terra going to respond without Callisto anyway? Would they have actually shut down InEn and sent Cvaener off to trial by Morgan? I rather doubt it.
Ignore InEn? no, but should hold off on the idea of retaliation against InEn in Sol....which would be boring story wise. so for story fun, i am taken advantage of the situation.... so what is wrong with that? And there is a reason why InEn did what they did which kass and I develop, which will be revealed soon....

Quote:
And hey! What was I supposed to do? I think readers would find sending letters to Terra asking for a peaceful trial for InEn would be rather tedious, don't you? So please, quit jumping me about these things.
Jumping? I am not given heck and i am just saying... but it as happened and we can't change anything about it. Terran Council would give hoot to InEn and demand the high ups to and so on face trial in a morganite court..... but that didn't happen and would of been boring story plot. There is a reason why InEn is being absorbed by the TAF people

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 14:28   #47
Mellian
Queen

Anyway, please people, don't get mad at me Simply making my points base on what happened so far in the Story. and I am saying the Terran Alliance will Declare War on the Morganites for taking Capella... they wouldn't over Callisto, unless the Morganites weren't willing to cooperate diplomatic wise. BUT, since you went off to take Capella, you provided TA even better reason why they should go to war...after some convincing in a famous speech by Kerensky at the Council.

Soon after the Declaretion of War was sent to the Morganites via FTL Comm.... Terran Alliance forces quickly go in and Attack three morganite systems close to Sol... not giving the Morganites a chance to rethink after TA sent the declare war on them message. as for the plans after that, i don't know..... it depends on what your Move in response History and the others. Hey, i was ask what would be the Terran Alliance response to Capella, and i said it.....

-LMP
Old March 6, 2002, 14:41   #48
History Guy
King

Don't worry, LMP, I'm not mad with you...well not mad enough to launch a fungal payload at you at least!

OK with me, LMP, though I'm wondering if this war should be brought to a close in a while and each side should be allowed to build forces up, and some good deal of espionage and the lot. Allow time to build up suspense, ya understand.

So maybe after Terra takes several Morganite colonies, and Morgan takes the rest of Capella a deal for peace.

I did my new post! I hope Franky Chan likes the opening. As you can see, Morgan doesn't like war with Terra and wants none of it, and after Capella he feels very guilty about it, seeing it as a giant mistake that he cannot make any good of.
Old March 6, 2002, 15:56   #49
Cybergod
Prince

Mellian - So we have to have a war with Morgan right after we just signed a Treaty?????

We will downgrade our official relations to a stand-offish Truce and all trade ships etc will have to pass strict controls. We will not interviene if the TA or any other member decides to attack the Morganites.

History Guy, would it be acceptable if our army fellow Myodin decides to have a secret chat with Mr. Ku? We'd love trade techs... But that's as far as we'll go. We'd offer some biotech and ask for some industrial tech (y'know machines, robots, and the stuff)...
Old March 6, 2002, 17:03   #50
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

History, you utter bastard! You used the header "Chariots of Fire" before I had a chance to!
I'll have a closer look of the story now that Capella has been taken. It will be hard to break the news to Prime Minister Drecaille.
Old March 6, 2002, 20:39   #51
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
Apologies,

I've been busy so haven't been able to check as of late. Anyway, I'm going to post later tonite DEFINETLY!!! for History,Kass, and Sovereign.

My bad folks.

[edit]: History, I wasn't aware Mr. Sym sent the Hive a message. Guess I didn't pick it up.

and just to warn everyone, there's going to be a lot of messages to other governments in my next post(s)
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; March 6, 2002 at 21:08.
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2002, 22:09   #52
History Guy
King

Cybergod--- Uh, I guess that's the gist of it, but hey, it's only a war in name only with Saturn, OK? No action is taken against Morgan, and secretly we can do some trade. Mr. Ku would be glad to send over some chums to Saturn. But what the hey is to become of Sym and Rabinowitch?

Kass--- Yeah, sure I did, I didn't want anyone to get it before me. It's from 'Jerusalem', my favorite hymn. As to poor Drecaille, also remind her that we are always open for peace negotiations!

Franky--- Thanks, that'd be appreciated. I did not really describe the message in great detail, except that he sent it secretly while on Titan and the gist was that he wanted the price that the Hive would be willing to pay for complete information on the state of the Morganite military, size, organization, placement, the lot. And hey! How did you like my new post?
Old March 7, 2002, 09:43   #53
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Mellian - So we have to have a war with Morgan right after we just signed a Treaty?????
Yes, but the Kingdom of Saturn is a member of the Terran Alliance and doesn't make sense if rest of TA goes to war and not Saturn.... wouldn't make sense would ruined the TAF-Coalition friction like, how come Titan is not participating and we have too?

When TA declares war, all of the members declares war like it or not.... and there would be a majority in the Council for it too, even if Titan opposes to the idea. As per the requirement of being a member, they have to follow the decisions of the Terran Council. And it wouldn't look good or be wise to back down from membership now. Anyway, TAF will not expect much military help from Kingdom of Saturn as they barely have a fleet and not expected to have much of one for a year or two (won't allow rush building). Can still have negociations covert wise, but at the risk of getting caught by TAF, which will keep a close eye...and they good finding out things within TA... maybe not right away but will eventually. Besides, Morganites may consider to stall relations with Titan for the duraction of the war.

Quote:
We will downgrade our official relations to a stand-offish Truce and all trade ships etc will have to pass strict controls. We will not interviene if the TA or any other member decides to attack the Morganites.
Trade with the morganites will be cut off period, for obvious reasons. TA's probe weakness is via the members and TAF knows that, and use to it too. That is why is there is a long process for someone to go through before they are alowed to join the TAF.... which is why it is hard to infiltrate the TAF. even kidnapping and pertending to be a TAF soldier is hard to do, as they will be discovered quite quickly. Like trying to infiltrate the Spartan military, the Hive in general and the Protectorate...... yet TAF isn't fascist, just military organization not connected to any peticular faction/nation/and so on and will accept anyone from anywhere, as long they pass the extensive process to join and then continue passing the security/intel checks which isn't predictable. now why i went this far to answer a trade thing, not sure... but trade won't be allowed and smuggling will be hard.

Quote:
History Guy, would it be acceptable if our army fellow Myodin decides to have a secret chat with Mr. Ku? We'd love trade techs... But that's as far as we'll go. We'd offer some biotech and ask for some industrial tech (y'know machines, robots, and the stuff)...
may try to trade tech information via FTL Comm, but there will be quite a TAF presense in the Saturn Area, and all other areas in Sol, defending the system the way they want to. Not trying to restrict, but do realize that the Terran Alliance is becoming tighter and tighter from its looseness.

-LMP
Old March 7, 2002, 12:59   #54
History Guy
King

Quote:
Morganites won't be conquered and eliminated no factions will be eliminated in BAC.....
That's right, everyone will be standing at the end...except the Pirates...

Just kidding.

But I'll have to remember that line, just in case!
Old March 7, 2002, 14:09   #55
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
History Guy...

How dare you make Yang look like a tyrant!
He's only looking out for the people!

Nah, I'm not mad or anything, I actually like seeing the fascist Morganite propaganda machine at work against the benevolent Hive Empire.

Although I wouldn't doubt it if Sheng-ji survived...maybe we should have a Hive program that demonizes Morgan???

Good post though!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2002, 14:30   #56
Sovereign
Prince

Phew... finished another story post.

I plan to attempt to have UCS sign a treaty with Protectorate, agreeing not to trepass in each other's territory, keep comm channels open for further communiques and perhaps improvement in relations, and withdraw all ships from the sector.

Lonestar, you could have your captain either contact Ian, so that Randius and Ian may hammer out a treaty. Then I'll have my ships retreat towing the Magellan.

FC, my ships will escort your Skipfire to your territory and we can decide on whether my group stays there or enters Hive territory or whatever.

LMP, what should we do about Gaians and Peacekeepers? There aren't any writers for them right now, and it will only get more complicated for them as we weave more webs of plots, battles, relations, etc. I know you guys gave me a chance to jump in to play the University and I really appreciate it. I don't mind other people jumping in, but I'm trying to put things in perpsective... Remember how hard it was for me to get started? Maybe the new writers wouldn't be as patient or eager as I to hammer out stuff. Just my two cents on this, thats all.

I think I'm finally getting in the "groove" of this story
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2002, 15:09   #57
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Anyway, TAF will not expect much military help from Kingdom of Saturn as they barely have a fleet and not expected to have much of one for a year or two (won't allow rush building). Can still have negociations covert wise, but at the risk of getting caught by TAF, which will keep a close eye...and they good finding out things within TA... maybe not right away but will eventually. Besides, Morganites may consider to stall relations with Titan for the duraction of the war.
Hey! Callin' ma fleet unexistent... Oh well. Sorry Morgan, our relations will have to be stalled for a while. I do not know what to do with your or my diplomats though History Guy! Any suggestions?

Quote:
may try to trade tech information via FTL Comm, but there will be quite a TAF presense in the Saturn Area, and all other areas in Sol, defending the system the way they want to. Not trying to restrict, but do realize that the Terran Alliance is becoming tighter and tighter from its looseness.

-LMP
You are representing the TA as some invincible force that is ready to battle anyone it likes and that if anyone goes against its will, their resistance will be crushed. Is this the way governments or organisations with vast proportions such as this are meant to work in the future you prophesise? Anyways, we fought for independence from some outsider force who will command us what to do. We now see that an utopian TA is just an illusion and will look forward to slipping out of the alliance once our defences and infrastructure is repaired. So yes Maria does consider this "alliance" just an object to use to stop Earthers attemping to retake Titan and Rhea plus because of the bigger trade income from the rest of the members. But really Maria despises anything even remotelly connected to Earth and it's domination throughout the Sol system. Now, just because she has similar plans for her little kingdom...

History Guy, is it okay if I arrange your Mr. Sym getting caught by our security forces and then offered talks with our General Forces Minister (Former Commander Myodin)? Describe me his personnality more - will he resist fiercelly or be more cooperative?

Sovereign, I am a bit late to say this but, welcome to BAC! At first I wanted to do the Uni but then thought that it would mean undertaking great responsibility of such a great faction as the University! Now I was not saying this to suck-up but I really like Uni! Really!

But one thing --> Technocracy. Doesn't that mean rule of the richest and an advanced class system in a society? Here's the dictionary's definition:

Quote:
1 the government or control of society or industry by technical experts
Whoops! but I remember that in the communist days in my country, the government (Tito) called all home businessmen technocrats! Hopefully we have now switched to both Demo and FM so things are looking up in the future (after rebuilding our infrastructure after the NATO "humanitarian" bombing)
Old March 7, 2002, 17:29   #58
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I am a bit behind in the progress of the story, but I managed to write a post. Just acknowledging that the Terrans know of Capella, and the re-introduction of two very familiar personas
Old March 7, 2002, 18:05   #59
Sprayber
Emperor

Hey guys. This is my last full day home. I'll be in Germany for 3 weeks to around April 3rd or so. When I get back I'll get back in the story thread full time. I would suggest putting off any declarations of war. Some basic points to assume from the Spartans.

If the TA officially declares war on Morgan, then the Spartans will declare war and quickly mount action against the TA. Most likely they would move against outlaying Terran assets. Wouldn't directly Sol right off the bat.

Sparta will support any and all organizations seeking to break from the TA. And will in fact encourage it. (Terrans are not invulrable to this. )

The Hive will be left alone. With other things going on, Kessel could care less what Yang does in Hive space as long as they do it in Hive space and not directed at Sparta. Unless they go to war with Morgan, in which that is going to war with Sparta.

One suggestion to all. There seems to be a push to create grand alliances. But for most factions, it doesn't have to be a matter of directly choosing sides. The Spartans have put themselves in a position that they absolutly defend the Morganites and the Drones. This should be common knowledge and your leaders should be thinking about this. For factions like the University, Believers and independt factions this course of action is very risky. I understand that it may be more exciting to be in a war with someone. But it isn't neccessary. The US isn't in an official war at the moment, but there are plenty of "exciting" (really poor words i know) things going on.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2002, 22:11   #60
History Guy
King

Franky-- Glad you liked it ok! I admit I stole Recon Rover Rick from the original AC game, as it's mentioned when you build a Holo Theater or whatever it's called. Maybe Yang saw the show and loved it and made 'X Chaos Rover L'Hsein' or something Hivish. Anyway, yeah, I think it would be kinda funny to see Hive/Morganite propaganda systems in action.

Sovereign-- Originally Guardian took Peacekeepers and Alynzia took Gaians, but I haven't seen either of them around for ages!

Cyber-- Capture Sym? And deprive Yang of a mindless lackey? Could you kinda expand on this idea a little? What'll happen here? As to my diplomats...I really have no idea what to do with them. Maybe they should stay on Titan as a link to Terra. Even in wartime there are ambassadors, so maybe they'll act as ambassadors to the Terran Alliance and may be called upon to sue for peace in Morgan's case. Kassiopeia and I agree Morgan has all the odds in such a case in his favor...

Kass-- Good post. I was working on a new post attempting to capture the sort of stunned reaction after war that soldiers feel, but I think you did it very well. I loved seeing the two back. I like sticking recurring minor characters into the story periodically as you have probably noticed.

Sprayber-- Thanks for your post. God bless you on the trip. I think we should hold off the war for a short time, make longer intervals between battles and the lot, it seems to be moving awfully fast. Within 120 some posts we've already had 5 space battles and two conquests between the Terrans and Morganites. It's going pretty fast, I think, and it in a way detracts from believability.